Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
DASH: join now (PBPgame) - Page 2
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DASH: join now (PBPgame)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Are you still accepting players? I've always wanted to play in a play by post or email game I've just never had the opportunity and I actually don't know the Champions System. >_>

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    Quote Originally Posted by twesterm View Post
    Are you still accepting players? I've always wanted to play in a play by post or email game I've just never had the opportunity and I actually don't know the Champions System. >_>
    I'm pretty sure the DM is, we just got started.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, for all you guys wanting to join in the games. There are two games that I've tried to get going. DASH stand for Dallas Area Super Heros. It is set in modern history and is a HeroGames Champions format (in general), but only because that is the one I am most familiar.
    So, supply me with your character, and two villians that have at least one attack or defence that works well aganst your hero.
    Afterwards you can join in the first story line ... "The Train Song" As form dice rolls, forget it. This game is done more like PDQ than any other game style. The more you describe your actions, the more happens in the game. And the more xp awarded.
    I am also trying to get a fantasy game up and going, which will be run much the same way. D&D detail is not necessary, just the basic stats and saves, equipment and spell stuff, such as that and all. I am not familiar with most of the new classes from 3.5 and such. I have not played d&d in many years, just a lot of other fantacy.
    Thus, those of you used to that, sorry, tone it down a bit. Stick with basic races, human, elven, dwarven, 1/2orc, 1/2elf. and the like.
    HOWEVER, it is not impossible to discover other parentage during the game (as I learn how they are played).
    Come on in, I'll try to keep it interesting. The enjoyment will be up to you guys.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For the heroes and villains do you just want us to write down what we're thinking since I don't really know the system? I looked for a book last weekend but actually find it (though admittedly didn't look vey hard -_-).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Flesh out yer character as much as you chose, Twesterm. That's why I mentioned the world is pretty much as normal as can be and based in modern Dallas.

Majic has 'returned' to the world, and mutants abound. So, there will be things like mutant detecting and majic detecting machines. For terrorist protection, of course. Most universities do have majic schools attached in some way. That means any place that has metal detectors and strip shearches will have those detecters installed. Afterall, criminal mutants and mages out there.

As for your character, detail his/her powers as much as seems good. Use the 'Champions' guide lines if you have them. Do the same for your villans. And don't forget ones weaknesses as well.

Since majic returned, excpect the rare elf and dwarf to show up. Certain other things will appear also, like vamps, dragons, unicorns(where are those virgins?), and certain other creatures. Most of them nasty.

Super Tech is around also, as well as alien tech. The aliens want it back, naturally. So if you want that stuff, one of your villans can be alien. Just remember that I have already set the available alien races in place. So if you want to be one, ask for one. I prefer the homonind type for players, so they can fit in with humans.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool, I'll get that to you as soon as possible but had a few things come up the past few days and have been a little busy. I should be able to complete tomorrow sometime if I get everything done today. Sorry about the delay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12