Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Miniature Mini's Madness!!!
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miniature Mini's Madness!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Miniature Mini's Madness!!!

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    This is the place to do it. Show us your entire collection, just your favorites, your custom paint jobs, the mini's you never owned but wish you had! Let the mini madness begin

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since noone else has done this, I get to claim first dibs. Behold! These sights will amaze the eyes and tantalize the imagination! I give you the armies of Maelstrom!

First off we see a fine collection of wild animals. Beware the jaws of the Visejaw Crocodile (immobilizes enemies when he chews on them).

Now we see some of the halflings and archers of the group. In the middle of the back, we have a shifter archer (don't get him mad!), a catfolk wilder (keep your mind shut!), and a Nentyar Hunter (Its a plant archer leader, folks!).

Aha, now we find some villians. Front and center is a Drow Spider Priestess (who gives bonuses to drow And spiders, ick), and to the right is a Tiefling Cleric (a half demon undead hunter? cooooool), and to the left is the Exarch of Tyranny himself (please don't get close to him). All right, so the half-ogre in the back isn't even evil. Oh well, he has a really big sword anyways, even though you can't see it.

And now we see the horrific monsters that strike fear in the hearts of the villiagers. We have a Githyanki Dragon Knight (no need to say more here), an Astral Stalker (he poisons, slows, and rends!), holding a trident above its head is a Mezzoloth (one shot cloudkill anyone? Oh, he's a melee powerhouse too), and to the left is the dreaded Aspect of Hextor (bashes, slices, dices, pierces, disembowels, all at the same time!).

Here come the humans - ok, a couple elves too. The one second to the left in the front is a Lion of Talisid (encouraging animals to new levels of dangerousness - is that a word?), and on the far right is a Combat Medic (keeps em coming for more!).

We see here some of the humanoid baddies we have all learned to love, such as goblins, troglodytes, orcs, hobgoblins. The trogs are stinky and the orc wizard is a pyromaniac. The goblin underboss (lowest in the picture) is great at making sneaky characters even better (permanent "anyone can flank you" isn't so fun).

And then come the warforged, the intelligent creations of powerful Artificers. The Warforged barbarian (left) is full of rage, hard to hurt, and can really lay down the hurt. The warforged wizard (right) specializes in sonic spells to make your ears bleed. The ones in the middle are a commander and his bodyguard.

And last, but definately not least, you have come to our dwarves. We have a couple brawlers (even without weapons those dwarves can make a mess of the pub), a Maulfighter (stunning cleave, mmmmmm), and the pinnicle of Dwarven inventiveness, the Dwarven Sniper (explosive bolts!). Yes, he has a spyglass attached to his crossbow as a scope.

Thank you all, and I hope you enjoyed the show!

Developer for Darkage Warlord, a Pen & Paper Games exclusive Medieval Wargame.

If you are in the DC metro area and like to trade D&D minis (1.0 or 2.0), please send me a PM!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I fine presentation indeed! Well done. I loved the descriptions and that you pointed out what each was. Did you paint these yourself or are these your DDM's?

Downloads
    Uploads
    DDMs. I tried painting once and it was pitiful. I'll never go back.

I think I missed out on the art side of the brain when they were being handed out.

If you are in the DC metro area and like to trade D&D minis (1.0 or 2.0), please send me a PM!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    DDMs. I tried painting once and it was pitiful. I'll never go back.

I think I missed out on the art side of the brain when they were being handed out.
    We cannot all be masters of the paintbrush. Lord knows I'm not. Barely adequate is how I would describe it.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    I find it interesting that the most right brained of activities, that of tabletop Wargaming, also requires the left-brained activity of art in order to be acceptable in that society. Personally, I'd be fine using bits of paper to play something like Warhammer, but in those circles I would be shunned as a Heritic.

Thats what drew me to DDMs... the nice look without all the hassle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a counters man myself for most of my games right now. Cardstock is definitely my friend. I hope to move up to home made mini's and large custom terrain projects but my budget just cannot handle such a hobby right now. So for the time being I'm happy I've got a printer with a continuous ink supply system .

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulsiphix View Post
    So for the time being I'm happy I've got a printer with a continuous ink supply system .
    i need one of those....
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought it for $60 on ebay. I get a full 16oz of red, green, blue, and black (16oz each) for $20. It has paid for itself over and over again. Truly has been a blessing as I am a whore for printing. I really have no morals when it comes to printed text. I need help

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulsiphix View Post
    I bought it for $60 on ebay. I get a full 16oz of red, green, blue, and black (16oz each) for $20. It has paid for itself over and over again. Truly has been a blessing as I am a whore for printing. I really have no morals when it comes to printed text. I need help
    I'm a laser type myself.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your a toner junkie eh? I've heard of your kind

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well, i would be all about psi-paper, but the doctor hasn't dropped off my supply yet. since no one else has invented it yet.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anybody else have mini's to post? I'm quite disappointed at the lack of pictures. Maelstrom has been the only mini poster here. I've got plenty but none are painted. Hardly worth posting . I might do it anyway though

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll post some pics of my painted figs as soon as I get a camera to take the aforementioned pictures.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I got me a camera. I took some pictures of some of my Warhammer figs, but I'm not satisfied with the way they turned out. I'll have to experiment some more to find a better way of taking quality pictures of miniatures. They are, a stone troll, Azhag the Slaughterer on a wyvern an an ogre who has a name but I don't remember it right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast