Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any open terrain projects?

Downloads
    Uploads

Any open terrain projects?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Just wondering if anyone can post some pics of any open (ongoing) terrain in the works? My current abode is too small, but we're up for a move in June, and then it's on!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've posted pictures of some terrain I've done recently on my website, you can view them here.

Currently all I have pictures posted are of cardstock models, but I've taken some of my plaster models, just haven't posted them yet.
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is some quality stuff you've got on your website. If you don't have the time would you mind if I posted your work here in the forum? Of course I would include a link back to the original website as well as make sure everybody understood this was your work and I was just posting it here for easy browsing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! That is really amazing! I just bought the Wotc dungeon tiles......which seem pretty lame now

Downloads
    Uploads
    SkeletonKey Games puts out some pretty amazing tilesets. As far as professional terrain goes, I don't think anybody can beat Dwarven Forge terrain though

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulsiphix View Post
    This is some quality stuff you've got on your website. If you don't have the time would you mind if I posted your work here in the forum? Of course I would include a link back to the original website as well as make sure everybody understood this was your work and I was just posting it here for easy browsing.
    Sure go ahead and post the images you want here.
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Downloads
    Uploads
    It would be the full thing (text + images) in the articles/blogs section. Would that be alright? I know you said images but I just want to make sure text is alright too

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!!! Mini games are always better with quality bits of terrain and buildings. My buddy Joe used to make these massive ruined buildings for 40K (like 18" high). The games were much better because of them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have several terrain books from Games Workshop that I purchased from eBay. Some of the stuff in here is insane. I'll see what I can find on the web. Games Workshop as definitely encouraged custom terrain and mini's more than any other game company I know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes you can post the images and text here, and as far as the text is concerned, I'm fine with comments other than my own as well.
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulsiphix View Post
    SkeletonKey Games puts out some pretty amazing tilesets. As far as professional terrain goes, I don't think anybody can beat Dwarven Forge terrain though
    No doubt, but you have to hock your first born to afford them. The resin is heavy as all hell and fragile.

Card models, especially the PDF sets have the wonderful advantages of light weight and replaciblity. No they do not look as nice. But 17 bucks will buy an entire village of card models you can print till the cows come home or 5 resin floor tiles. Medieval Building Set, 100 bucks and ten pounds.

I understand the expense, I do resin casting myself. They are putting a great deal of work into those pieces. But I also have to do the math.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    The Dean of Old School
    The Olde Phoenix Inn
    Metro Detroit Linux Users Group

Downloads
    Uploads
    Many thanks SkunkApe .

Unfortunately if you don't have money to burn Dwarven Forge is definitely way to expensive. The same could be said for legos though lol. Alright not as bad but still I can't believe how expensive they've gotten over the years. There was a custom terrain place I saw the other day, custom built pieces and not terribly expensive. More of a professional diorama place than a terrain business.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have any of you ever tried the Grey primer on Styrofoam technique? Buddy of mine showed me some ruins he created with that and it looked real cool, gives it that crumbling wall look when the edges are broken or roughed up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexdragon View Post
    Have any of you ever tried the Grey primer on Styrofoam technique? Buddy of mine showed me some ruins he created with that and it looked real cool, gives it that crumbling wall look when the edges are broken or roughed up.
    Never tried it myself. Any chance you could describe it or even better link to somewhere that has pictures?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Hirst Arts molds are priced a whole lot more reasonably than Dwarven Forge pieces. I'm not knocking Dwarven Forge, I'd love to have enough to build to my hearts desire, but I can get twice the amount of terrain using Bruce Hirst's molds for a fraction of the cost. The biggest turn off of Bruce's stuff is the time you need to spend to build it. Course, cardstock terrain also has similar problems, well and it tends to be somewhat less resistant to destruction and it doesn't weigh a lot so can get knocked over much easier!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast