Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaming Companies / Corporations You Love

Downloads
    Uploads

Gaming Companies / Corporations You Love

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    There has been a lot of talk lately of 4E and corporate behavior in general. I'm curious what companies you guys do like and why. For me I admire Nintendo greatly. They were the ID Software of the console world for a good long while. Things drastically changed when Sony entered the fray. Despite their declining sales and user base they never seemed bitter. They always had their customer in mind, continue to develop product lines that they were criticized for continuing (Donkey Kong, Mario, Wario, etc...).

After the horrible sales from the GameCube they still stayed in the console game (unlike Sega after the Dreamcast) and released the Wii. Between the Wii and Nintendo DS console, they are now the most popular videogame company in the world. During this time they've continue to donate consoles and money to key childrens charities and programs. Even their more adult franchises are still awkwardly "family friend". They are a shining example that not all power is corrupting

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Companies I like?

Microcenter: I get a fair deal on my computer bits. Their people are knowledgeable and friendly. I keep telling them they ought to give me a commission for all the people I steer that way.

Steve Jackson Games: What a game company should be.

Larry Huges Garage: A good and honest mechanic is worth his weight in gold.

Freeservers: My web hosting company. I have been with them for ten years. An eon in computer time. I am happy with the service and the price.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fry's Electronics
    THE best computer parts store I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. Unheard of 30 day return policy on just about ANYTHING and a selection that is absolutely massive. I shop there for everything from individual transistors and electronic kits to consoles to pc parts. Best electronics store on the planet as far as I am concerned. We have a microcenter here but their prices are quite high compared to Fry's Electronics so I don't do much shopping there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tesral View Post

I agree.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a more Shadowrun view, all mega-corps are evil.

I guess some I hate less...
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I try to give corporations the benefit of the doubt. Usually I don't have emotional responses to corporations until I've been burned by them via customer service or until I feel nickel and dimed over a long period of time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, I feel no ill towards the people within the corporation. Chic-fila comes to mind for a company with policies I can appreciate.
    I just want to see people treat their workers and customers well. Can't we all just get along?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulsiphix View Post
    There has been a lot of talk lately of 4E and corporate behavior in general. I'm curious what companies you guys do like and why. For me I admire Nintendo greatly. They were the ID Software of the console world for a good long while. Things drastically changed when Sony entered the fray. Despite their declining sales and user base they never seemed bitter. They always had their customer in mind, continue to develop product lines that they were criticized for continuing (Donkey Kong, Mario, Wario, etc...).

After the horrible sales from the GameCube they still stayed in the console game (unlike Sega after the Dreamcast) and released the Wii. Between the Wii and Nintendo DS console, they are now the most popular videogame company in the world. During this time they've continue to donate consoles and money to key childrens charities and programs. Even their more adult franchises are still awkwardly "family friend". They are a shining example that not all power is corrupting

hahahahahahah! and do you know the secret history of nintendo? =D i'll be happy to fill you in. they never made video games. not at first. they were a playing card company in japan. and somehow they got in contact with this company who made video games. had been for some time, in fact. this company had pretty much given up selling video games, since despite long and strenuous efforts, it seemed doomed to be a niche market.

so they opened negotiations. and nintendo saw potential in it. so they bought the rights to the software and hardware designs. and with those designs they made the famicon. it quickly became quite popular in japan. and then they decided to try the american market-with the results you know. here they called it the nintendo.

and the company who sold the designs to nintendo, setting them on the map and changing the future in ways unknown and unpredictable at that time?

atari.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tesral View Post
    agree
    Playing: Pathfinder
    Running: infrequent VtM game

"I'm beautifully hideous!" - Sven the Nosferatu

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    Entire Post
    No self respecting gamer doesn't know the origins of Nintendo. The fact that they have been around since 1889 is impressive indeed. I do not understand what you were trying to say in your post. I read it several times and am not sure if you are for or against my view of nintendo or if you meant to point something else out entirely. Could you fill me in on the intent/moral of your post?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the moral of the story? don't give up. i like nintendo. i was, however, more of a sega fan, myself, as far as that goes. mostly i just think it's an interesting story. on topic... i don't think i have a favorite corporation. i have a few i dislike, but i don't think i hate any.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I were to invest hatred in a particular corporation, then WotC would be fairly low on the list. The number one spot would be filled by Microsoft, and it's owner Bill Gates, who is the antichrist (if I subscribed to the parent belief system).

Downloads
    Uploads
    i have always liked hasbro and wizards of the coast, great games and communities. can find fun people to play with and good games to enjoy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Drohem View Post
    If I were to invest hatred in a particular corporation, then WotC would be fairly low on the list. The number one spot would be filled by Microsoft, and it's owner Bill Gates, who is the antichrist (if I subscribed to the parent belief system).
    Microsoft is no different than WOTC in that the companies were founded out of the garage of hard working people. If anybody wishes to debate this in detail though, please start a new thread. Let us not sully this one with what will surely turn into a 20,000 page flame fest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I disagree, but have no need to debate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast