Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
GURPS: Fantasy Setting Supplement Listing
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GURPS: Fantasy Setting Supplement Listing

Downloads
    Uploads

GURPS: Fantasy Setting Supplement Listing

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I'm very interested in porting Ptolus to GURPS. To do this I will need to get my hands on as many GURPS fantasy supplements as possible. So far I am aware of those listed below. Are there any other GURPS supplements that may prove useful if such a conversion is attempted?

Creatures of the Night, Volume 1 (4th Edition)
    Creatures of the Night, Volume 2 (4th Edition)
    Dungeon Fantasy 2: Dungeons (4th Edition)
    Fantasy (4th Edition)
    Magic (4th Edition)
    Wizards (3rd Edition)
    Last edited by Mulsiphix; 01-25-2008 at 11:38 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Martial Arts 4e
    Fantasy Folk 3e
    Magic 4e
    Fantasy Beastiary 3e
    Religion 3e
    Grimoire 3e
    Low-Tech 3e
    Magic Items I-III 3e
    Monsters 3e
    Psionics 3e
    Shapeshifters 3e
    Spirits 3e
    Warriors 3e
    Rogues 3e
    Undead 3e
    Villians 3e
    Wizards 3e

I am not sure about the Ptolus milieu because I don't own it. However, if you are trying to created a high fantasy D&D type campaign, you'll find all these books useful in some way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Holy crap that is a lot of books I didn't consider lol (except martial arts). Anybody else got any suggestions? I think Drohem probably bulldozed the subject in a single post lol. Well done sir

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    GURPS: Vampire the Masquerade (or werewolf or mage)... because is shows one way of taking a totally different system and converting it to GURPS.
    Playing: Pathfinder
    Running: infrequent VtM game

"I'm beautifully hideous!" - Sven the Nosferatu

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MortonStromgal View Post
    GURPS: Vampire the Masquerade (or werewolf or mage)... because is shows one way of taking a totally different system and converting it to GURPS.
    Nice

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There's also a translation of Castle Falkenstein to GURPS, although I haven't seen it. The setting is interesting though, and in the "sorcery" system of the original, secret societies of wizards jealously guard spells of ritual magic.
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    gurps:supers
    gurps:scarlet pimpernel
    gurps:ice age
    gurps:steampunk
    gurps:shapeshifters
    gurps:horror
    gurps:aztecs
    gurps:greece
    gurps:age of napoleon
    gurps:dungeon fantasy:adventures
    gurps:martial arts:fairbairn close combat systems
    gurps:banestorm
    gurps: powers
    gurps:lands out of time
    gurps:spirits
    gurps:cabal
    gurps:voodo
    gurps:celtic myth
    gurps:religion

discworld rpg
    munchkin rpg
    robin's laws of good gamemastering

all by, or available through sjgames. =D i can come up with more, if need be. ^^
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nijineko there are several here that I don't understand how they would be relevant for creating a fantasy campaign. Aztecs, Greece, Age Of Napoleon, Lands Out of Time, Ice Age?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Historical settings like Aztecs, Greece, and Ice Age allow you to base fantasy worlds off other periods of history than the usual pseudo-medieval-Europe. (Add to that Japan, China, Rome ...)

"Age of Napoleon" is a bit of a stretch, but I guess if you want to move forward into the 1700s and early 1800s ... although maybe GURPS Swashbucklers (pirates, Age of Sail) might work better. Imagine a fantasy world with gunpowder ...

"Lands out of Time" is explicitly a mishmash of dinosaurs, prehistoric mammals, and modern humans, with a few assorted hominids and reptile people thrown in.

Heck, just look at http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/ludography.html and look around. SJ Games claims these books are easy to port to 4th edition.
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fmitchell View Post
    Heck, just look at http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/ludography.html and look around. SJ Games claims these books are easy to port to 4th edition.
    Great link! Thank you very much!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah, you didn't specify the base of your fantasy setting, so i was being broadminded about suggestions. =D
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    yeah, you didn't specify the base of your fantasy setting, so i was being broadminded about suggestions. =D
    Actually the basis was in the very first sentence of the original post in this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulsiphix
    I'm very interested in porting Ptolus to GURPS.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, but that still leaves a lot of room. and i was too lazy to actually look up what ptolus consists of, so other than some vague notion that it is a giant cityscape and has gunpowder level tech (or so i read somewhere), that is it. so i tossed everything that i thought might fit. i was hoping that you would specify more aspects of the setting and how they do or don't fit into your existing knowledge of gurps. ^^

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm actually in the process of reading Ptolus and GURPS rulebooks right now. My knowledge of GURPS books and available settings is also expanding. I plan to create a new thread about the Ptolus to GURPS conversion process in the somewhat near future. When I do, more examples will be provided than you can shake a stick at. I look forward to your feedback when I am able to provide you with actual Ptolus details. Based on what you have already provided me though, I am thankful for your help

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    cool, glad to help. =D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast