Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

View Poll Results: How often do you game?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Everyday! And twice on Sundays!

1 1.23%
  • Two or more times a week.

16 19.75%
  • Once per week.

22 27.16%
  • Twice a month.

21 25.93%
  • Once per month.

1 1.23%
  • Less than once per month.

12 14.81%
  • Never.

8 9.88%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How often do you game?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I'm currently playing in one game run by one of my friends every friday. We haven't played for the past two fridays because he was moving to a new house and had drill, but tonight we all plan to play at his new place. I am also wanting to start a game every Saturday that I am going to run, so with any luck and a few players I'll be back to twice a week. I used to place almost everyday because my gf and roommate loved playing my games. But he had to move and its hard to play with just one person, heck it was hard with just two, but still fun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I try to play once a week, I have a regular game with a friend that we run one-on-one for lack of players. We can usually manage once a week but sometimes it's as little once a month.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It makes me very sad Starfalconkd that you have to play with just one person....there has got to be some way for you to meet at least two more people to play with

Downloads
    Uploads
    Right On!! Starfalconkd. The first gaming I ever did, (near 35 years ago) was with my best freind, later to be my best man. It was with a game we made up as we went along. My characters were of a made up 'superrace', and his were the Timelords. No, mine was not a superman race, just a highly evovled and high teck race. AHH, those were the days. And I still make up new rules for old games.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Less then once a month for me.

For me I can't seem to get a steady game going. I am trying to get something more regular going so I can play more then I currently do.
    The RPG Lounge- An Online Gaming Community

Site: http://www.therpglounge.com
    Forums: http://www.therpglounge.com/forums/

Come join our growing Gamer Community!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostwalker View Post
    Man, back in high school, we gamed three or four times a week, with 12 hour marathon sessions on the weekends. NOW, however, I am lucky to sit in on one game every couple of months. My group has been hard to get together lately. I used to DM pretty heavily but, like Farcaster, I have difficulty keeping my interest going if I have longer than a couple of weeks between sessions. Ideas that seem great when you first think them up tend to lose some of their luster before you actually get around to using them. Momentum loss always kills my enthusiasm. So, we tried running a lot of one-shots when we couldn't get everyone together, but that gets boring after a while. I just couldn't get very interested in what I considered to be disposable characters. Then my buddy offered to run a few modules, and I was more than happy to pass the reins. I've only played about three or four regular characters since I started playing D&D, and am pretty excited to get this campaign started. We are, however, waiting till after the holidays to get started, so we have a better chance of getting something rolling and playing more often. Wish us luck!!!
    Back in High School I gamed 5 times a week (every da at lunch) and sometimes on the weekend. While I can't beat you on the length of time the game ran I did get to play a great deal.

Now, not so much.
    The RPG Lounge- An Online Gaming Community

Site: http://www.therpglounge.com
    Forums: http://www.therpglounge.com/forums/

Come join our growing Gamer Community!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by spotlight View Post
    Right On!! Starfalconkd. The first gaming I ever did, (near 35 years ago) was with my best freind, later to be my best man.
    I allready was his best man.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello all, Im new to the boards,
    but definately not new to rpg.

I used to game at least 3-4 times a week, pen and paper, However now its more PBEM.

As Im 40 this year, Im a little skittish of in person games. Most gamers are in their teens.. <shrug> And well, I wouldn't let my teen go to a 40 year old woman's house to play games..

So thats my story.. lol,

As for the Poll I put down 2 or more times a week, but I was counting my PBEM's, If I had only to count my in person, it would like once or twice a year..

Sigh.

I also have a fully developed Game world that I designed (Or more importantly am designing); Including Mechanics and world design

Welp, Its mother's day I just got a cup of coffee, so Im goign to log off

It was nice to meet all of you

Ezrandi

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezrandi View Post
    As Im 40 this year, Im a little skittish of in person games. Most gamers are in their teens.. <shrug> And well, I wouldn't let my teen go to a 40 year old woman's house to play games..
    You got me thinking about what our age distribution might look like. Now, ours is very slightly inflated because these forums do not permit users below the age of 13, but, here is a quick report I whipped up this morning that shows the breakdown of ages by category. Here, the largest grouping of members is in the 26 to 30 range, so take heart
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	member_age_distro.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	25  
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farcaster View Post
    You got me thinking about what our age distribution might look like. Now, ours is very slightly inflated because these forums do not permit users below the age of 13, but, here is a quick report I whipped up this morning that shows the breakdown of ages by category. Here, the largest grouping of members is in the 26 to 30 range, so take heart
    Thank you!
    You don't know how much better that graph makes me feel. LOL

I still get jokes about having to troll the highschoolers for gaming friends.
    <shakes head>

Ezrandi

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!
    You don't know how much better that graph makes me feel. LOL

I still get jokes about having to troll the highschoolers for gaming friends.
    <shakes head>

Ezrandi
    I also can back up that graph. I currently play in three games with a total of nineteen different gamers between them. The youngest is in his late twenties. The oldest is in his forties. Most are in there thirties.

Older gamers are not rare, at least where I live.

Gary

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    Quote Originally Posted by gdmcbride View Post
    Older gamers are not rare, at least where I live.
    Perhaps in the next 20 to 30 years retirement communities will pop up, where the old people do nothing but play D&D and other games instead of shuffle board.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Right On!! Starfalconkd. The first gaming I ever did, (near 35 years ago) was with my best freind, later to be my best man. It was with a game we made up as we went along. My characters were of a made up 'superrace', and his were the Timelords. No, mine was not a superman race, just a highly evovled and high teck race. AHH, those were the days. And I still make up new rules for old games.
    Oh I did that for years with my best friend. There were only the two of us, so the rules were very flexible. It was a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Zachary View Post
    Perhaps in the next 20 to 30 years retirement communities will pop up, where the old people do nothing but play D&D and other games instead of shuffle board.

sounds like a plan..

At the very least our mental capabilities will remain strong..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Arcanist View Post
    It makes me very sad Starfalconkd that you have to play with just one person....there has got to be some way for you to meet at least two more people to play with
    *sigh* I would need at least four people to play with, yet I lack even one.

Hello all, Im new to the boards,
    but definately not new to rpg.

So thats my story.. lol,

Ezrandi

Huh. Ya know, I don't think my parents would've said anything, but I imagine that's partially because I grew up in a small town. Now, if it were a teenage girl going to a middle-aged man's house... Well, yeah, people would say things.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There hasnt been anyone to play with

Wow, I feel pretty pathetic...lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast