Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

View Poll Results: How often do you game?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Everyday! And twice on Sundays!

1 1.23%
  • Two or more times a week.

16 19.75%
  • Once per week.

22 27.16%
  • Twice a month.

21 25.93%
  • Once per month.

1 1.23%
  • Less than once per month.

12 14.81%
  • Never.

8 9.88%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How often do you game?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I game at least once per week, but that's only rpg. I play board games at least 3-4 times per week and computer games quite often as well. Hopefully, I can recruit layers for a Shackled City game I'd like to run every other week!

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy

Well, I don't get to play much, just the occasional at the dallas meet-ups. However, that may be because of my choise of type. As I prefer some sort of four-color supers, instead of the more common fantacy. Just not that many folk available in this area, , for supers, that is. Even my play-by-post section seems to attract very little attention. It won't stop me from trying, though!!!
    Sure, Life IS like a bowl of cherries, but how SWEET they are depends on how much crap your willing to take to fertalize your DREAMS. Michael L. Cross

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm lucky if I get in 1 or 2 games per year, and for the last 3 years, one of those has been at a semi-local (about an hour away in Roanoke) convention.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was a twice a week gamer up until the middle of 2005 when I moved back east.....now getting a group going again, finding gamers here in the area has been a challenge.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I run my home game every other Friday, so twice a month for me. I also run a one-shot at the Seattle Meetup almost every month, but I hardly count it. It's usually with strangers, rarely do we complete the adventure because of the time constraint, and it's usually something I dragged out of Dungeon magazine the night before. But it's a whole lotta fun

Good gaming!
    Seattle Meetup Organizer

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let's see, how often do I play, well that all depends on the situation. Normally I can only get my players once a week. But sometimes they do show up more than once and I throw something together. But now I'm afraid that I won't even get that one break a week to escape since the weather has taken a turn for the worst here. Snow, snow, and more snow on top of snow.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfire757 View Post
    But now I'm afraid that I won't even get that one break a week to escape since the weather has taken a turn for the worst here. Snow, snow, and more snow on top of snow.
    My mother's side of the family lives in Michigan. Although the last time I have been there was when I was but a boy, I hardly have memories of there being anything but snow when I was there. You mean to say that you get other kinds of weather there?

Downloads
    Uploads

Gaming Schedule

Right now I am in three games:

Friday nights (Weekly) -- Shadizar
    An experiment in improvisational and round robin roleplaying set in a Hyborian Age where Conan never lived. Eight players. Seven sessions old. I run this game.

Sunday 2:00 pm till 10:00 pm (Bi-weekly) -- Bow Street Runners
    A Victoriana murder mystery campaign where free-wheeling investigators solve crimes, brush elbows with the supernational upon occassion and act terribly British. Seven players. Eight sessions old. I play in this game.

Sunday 2:00 pm till 8:00 pm (Bi-weekly) -- Midnight: Last Age
    A desperate struggle against the desperation and darkness in an age of shadow and epic adventure. Seven players. Twenty three sessions old. I run this game.

Gary

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice! That must be challenging planning for three games you run every two weeks. My creative meter would definitely get tapped.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farcaster View Post
    Nice! That must be challenging planning for three games you run every two weeks. My creative meter would definitely get tapped.
    I actually run only two of them. In the Bow Street Runners campaign I am a player.

And thankfully I have lots of good source material to steal from... It also helps that the Midnight game I wrote (mostly) some years ago. The Shadizar game is almost entirely improv (by design), so there really is no planning per se.

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads
    gaming every day, once a week, 2 times a month? boy i wish!!!!!!!
    i haven't played i over a year. back in the day (with no wife or kids) we would play everyday for a month strait. or do all nighters from friday night to sunday night with small naps. now i will have to wait for retirment to do that again - 20 more years yeppie.

Downloads
    Uploads
    bigtony, I'm thinking you're looking at 25 more years before you can do that, unless you've figured out a way to retire at 60. If you have, share it, cuz then I'd be able to retire in 15 years instead of 20!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Downloads
    Uploads
    My weekly gaming group (D&D every Sunday eve for, ohhh, 16 years i think?) recently added a Weds Boardgame night. Great fun. Nice diversion from the RPG night. However, a new DM has emerged and started an Eberron campaign. Now everyone is engrossed in both his AND my campaigns, we now sling dice BOTH Weds & Sun, alternating campaigns! haha. Glad we bought all those boardgames over the last year... ahh well.
    " 'He looks at me as if he's Sensing Motive'? What the hell is THAT supposed to mean!?"
    -our party rogue, clarifying a DM comment
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Famous (Rogue) Last Words: "Relax, i've done this a million times..."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I manage to get in at least 3 sessions a week with the spontaneous pick-up session occasionally. Saturdays and Sundays are all-day marathon runs, sometimes reaching 12+ hours. I hate online games so I try to cram as much PnP time as I can into my week.

I just need to figure out how to make role-playing my job and I can game 40 hours a week. I would go for as much over-time as I could though.

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    Quote Originally Posted by mathogre View Post
    The stodgy ol' business card says, "Mathemagician". Yes I sling equations professionally for a living.
    As an engineer I can sympathize with you. I found differential equations and quantum physics easier to pick up than the new rules for grappling and attacks of opportunity.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast