Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Cimmeria

Downloads
    Uploads

Cimmeria

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    <table><tr><td valign="top"></td><td>Cimmeria [Mongoose Publishing]
    by Lawrence Whitaker
    Release Date: 2008-04-25
    Amazon Price: <strike>$34.95</strike> $23.07 as of 03/07/2008 09:44:06 AM PST
    Quote Originally Posted by Book Description
    Despite its fame as the birthplace of Conan himself, little has been written about the moody hill-country of Cimmeria - until now. In this supplement for Conan the Roleplaying Game, explore the mist-shrouded terrain of this unforgiving land and meet the people - and the creatures - that call it home. Alongside the history, geography and culture of Cimmeria are presented new spells, new combat manoeuvres and new rules to better reflect the atmosphere of the hills and the hardiness of their denizens.
    </td/</tr></table>

<HR>Price is accurate as of the date/time indicated. Prices and product availability are subject to change. Any price displayed on the Amazon website at the time of purchase will govern the sale of this product. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT SOME OF THE CONTENT THAT WE MAKE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS APPLICATION COMES FROM AMAZON WEB SERVICES. ALL SUCH CONTENT IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS." THIS CONTENT AND YOUR USE OF IT ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND/OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.<HR>

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does anyone own any of the Conan setting books? I was wondering how true they are to the early novels.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rabkala View Post
    Does anyone own any of the Conan setting books? I was wondering how true they are to the early novels.
    I own a number. They vary widely in quality. The main rulebook is almost totally free of pastiche, based almost solely on R.E. Howard's writings. But R.E. Howard never fully described many important portions of the world. For example, he never set a story in Shadizar, capital of Zamora. So to make Hyboria a complete world some pastiche is essential.

The thing to purchase is the "The Road of Kings" which is a complete Hyborian gazeteer in one book. Alas, it is out of print. But they are about to print "Return to the Road of Kings", which is the original book with errata and some small amount of additional content.

As always with Mongoose books, check your binding. They have been notorious as of late for reducing poor physical quality books that fall apart and have bent covers. I eagerly await the day when they will cut this crap out and I can once again more hardily recommend some of their products.

Gary