Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Big Book of Bots

Downloads
    Uploads

Big Book of Bots

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    <table><tr><td valign="top"></td><td>Big Book of Bots [Mongoose Publishing]
    by Gareth Hanrahan
    Release Date: 2008-04-25
    Amazon Price: <strike>$27.95</strike> $18.45 as of 03/07/2008 09:44:06 AM PST
    Quote Originally Posted by Book Description
    Bots are fun. Bots are great. Bots are invaluable. Friend Computer says so. The Big Book of Bots details these tireless servants of Alpha Complex. Now you too can have these marvellous, mechanical marvels with their often completely inappropriate programming more heavily involved in your campaign. And remember that they are valuable Computer property - just because the assigned warbot has gone dangerously beserk does not mean it can be just blasted to pieces as someone will responsible for the damage caused. Remember: Bots are fun!
    </td/</tr></table>

<HR>Price is accurate as of the date/time indicated. Prices and product availability are subject to change. Any price displayed on the Amazon website at the time of purchase will govern the sale of this product. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT SOME OF THE CONTENT THAT WE MAKE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS APPLICATION COMES FROM AMAZON WEB SERVICES. ALL SUCH CONTENT IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS." THIS CONTENT AND YOUR USE OF IT ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND/OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.<HR>

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bots are cool! I wonder how compatible it is with d20 future and Star Wars droids.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rabkala View Post
    Bots are cool! I wonder how compatible it is with d20 future and Star Wars droids.
    Doesn't Paranoia use a non-d20-based game system?
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, as far as I know they are not d20 products. I have never seen the fifth edition books, which was supposed to be lighter faster and overhauled. Some systems are easier to convert. I am interested in new ideas. I do not want rehashed things they borrowed from elsewhere to populate their game or things so steeped in setting that the ideas are useless elsewhere.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rabkala View Post
    Yes, as far as I know they are not d20 products. I have never seen the fifth edition books, which was supposed to be lighter faster and overhauled. Some systems are easier to convert. I am interested in new ideas. I do not want rehashed things they borrowed from elsewhere to populate their game or things so steeped in setting that the ideas are useless elsewhere.
    I can imply from your post you don't own Paranoia XP. This is a mistake. I have a relative from Pittsburgh who has never played an RPG in his life. He came to visit, noticed my Paranoia book sitting on a shelf, picked it up and read the introduction and in particular the disclaimer. He was nearly in tears.

I own all of the Paranoia XP books. They are not d20 products. They use their own bent little system. That said, most of the supplements are almost mechanics free as the Paranoia system is incredibly light (and perverse ... no really ... perversity is a stat.). Some of the most readable and hilarious RPG supplements ever have been published under the Paranoia banner.

Even though they are being published by Mongoose, not known for their high quality books, this line is edited and managed by Allen Varney. So far so good. I particularly recommend the main rulebook, the Traitor's Manual and the first Flashbacks book. Those are particularly brilliant. I eager await the bots book.

Happiness is mandatory.

Gary