Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Ask Wizards: 01/16/2008 (4e Core Classes)

Downloads
    Uploads

Post [AD&D] Ask Wizards: 01/16/2008 (4e Core Classes)

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.

Check out this new article Wizards of the Coast posted recently:

Ask Wizards: 01/16/2008

Many women seem to enjoy classes like the Druid and Bard, and there is some concern about these classes not being available as core 4E classes. Can you explain how some of the features that made those two classes popular are being included in the core classes?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Huh?? What? Druids and Bards aren't core in 4e? WTH?
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Digital Arcanist you bought that races and classes book didn't you? Does it mention what the core classes will be?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah....

Fighter, Warlock, Wizard, Cleric, and Rogue look like they will be in the PHB. The druid, paladin, monk, and ranger were given tiny little blurbs and so my guess is that they won't be in the PHB but in the first supplement published.

They've made serious changes to all the classes which in my opinion are awesome. The druid is now more of a Nature's Fury class with additional use of Wild Shape and some other things.

I didn't actually buy the book but just borrowed the store copy from my friend's game shop after reading it at Borders.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mmm... Did they speak to their philosophy for putting out an (incomplete) game with a limited class selection?
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If the additional classes are coming in the first supplement does that mean they aren't considered CORE classes like the Fighter, Warlock, Wizard, Cleric, and Rouge?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know....I pretty much skimmed through the book and I'll have to read it again to really answer the question. The warlock has replaced the sorcerer class and with them I guess bards aren't really needed.

I doubt the PHB will include only 5 core classes. Chances are the other traditional core classes will be in the PHB as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe the PC Corporate translation of that little video blurb is "Probably not=no" and "They are classes that as of now no longer fit our target audience so they got the axe." If they are going to be considered "Core Classes" in later supplements, are all the classes in the current supplements "Core Classes?" I like that idea, but once again, whether or not they are in the PH, the DM is the ultimate decision maker as to what is "Core" and what is not. So, with 4E, we will now have to wait an unspecified amount of time to be able to get the mechanics of a so called "Core Class." That bites large green bannannas. For me, just another reason to stick with 3.5 till the bitter, bleeding, scratching, clawing, bloody end.

Xaels
    Check for traps always. Move silently all the time and know when to run regardless of what the rest of the party is doing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Weren't you just posting the other day saying you were about to or had just preordered the 4E books? You remind me of myself, always flip flopping back and forth on D&D. I prefer to think of it as living on the fence though