Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Advice On An Image Uploading Script For My Website

Downloads
    Uploads

Need Advice On An Image Uploading Script For My Website

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I upload files on a regular basis to different image websites. I hate that my images are only up for X amount of days or as long as they are regularly accessed. Considering I have two web hosting accounts that are generally going unused, I was hoping I could find a script that would allow some tailoring; one that would allow me to upload these images to my own webhosting space. Any recommendations on such scripts? I've never looked for anything like this before.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm confused. What do you want the script to do? Just upload files? Can you give an underpants gnome example?

Step 1: Collect underpants
    Step 2: Run script
    Step 3: Profit!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Currently I use allyoucanupload.com. When a picture is uploaded it gives you some tags that you can copy and paste. If I go the route of selecting their thumbnail option, the thumbnail is too small and links to a page with another resized (albeit bigger than the thumbnail) version of the image. You must then click on that image to see the original unaltered image.

The only other option is to link to the original image directly. I would like to find a script that I can install on my web host. When I go to this page it looks very much like the allyoucanupload.com form. When I click submit the image is uploaded to my web server and a thumbnail is generated (to a size I specified previously in the scripts configuration options). I copy this link, paste it here in my post, and it results in a thumbnail that you can click that links directly to the original unaltered image.

Basically exactly what you see at allyoucanupload.com except the thumbnail is the size I want, the file is uploaded to my web host, and the link provided links directly to the original unaltered image.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you could host your own webserver, or try a one (or several) of the free webpage sites.

www.110mb.com is one possibility.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All the pictures I show here are first uploaded to my webhost via FTP.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tesral View Post
    All the pictures I show here are first uploaded to my webhost via FTP.
    Ditto.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I usually just don't take the time to upload my pics to my webhosts. I own two webhosts already nijineko. Just trying to find an easy way to mass upload photos and get quick copy and paste links for posting the images here.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulsiphix View Post
    I usually just don't take the time to upload my pics to my webhosts. I own two webhosts already nijineko. Just trying to find an easy way to mass upload photos and get quick copy and paste links for posting the images here.
    FTP, Konqueror opens my webhost like any other window on the computer, I grab however many pictures, files, chocolate rabbits I want, drag and drop, done.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use FlashFXP to do the same. What I need is something that will create a thumbnail and provide the code for me to copy and paste. If it doesn't do that, then it isn't a solution. FTP's I've got. Even services that provide a thumbnail I've got. Something that is quick and easy and gives me the size of thumbnail I want, along with the link just as I need it; that I do not have.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    then host it on your computer.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    It would be pretty easy to write a script to do all of that.

It also might make a nice GIMP plug-in.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i thought fireworks and/or dreamweaver could do that already....

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a pretty big, expensive hammer to hit this fairly small nail with.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh. there are trial versions that can be found pretty easily... i've owned a copy for so long, i'd forgotten the hefty price tag. (though you can be sure my school loan company hasn't. ^^)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not a programmer though. I've yet to find anything I can work with or that doesn't cost a ridiculous amount of cash.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast