Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: D+d+d

Downloads
    Uploads

D+d+d

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    We used to have a game we called D+D+D, Dungeons and Dragons and Drinking. We turned D+D into a drinking game. No beer pong, up the river down the river, etc. for us.
    Here were the rules:

Bring simple characters, fighters are the best. Was a simple hack and slash event.

Get hit by a monster, drink.

Roll a natural 20, do a shot of something. We typically bought a killer bottle of tequila or maybe some 100 proof schnapps.

Hit on a callled shot, drink. (I allowed these, -4 to hit, eyes or head were -8). This typically devolved into endless called shots to the crotch.

Natural 20 on a called shot, everybody does a shot.

We never got much accomplished, little to no role playing, no puzzles solved. We did have ALOT of fun, though. Never saved the world, but there were always plenty of grateful women to be saved. For some reason the girls schools and cat houses always seemed to get attacked by the forces of evil...

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am remined how many Darwian Award nominations start "They were drinking and...."

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've always found the idea of alcohol disturbing at an RP game. Well at least once that tried to maintain and level of serious atmosphere. Drinking seems like it would greatly slow a games progress down. Then again if you get together more for the sake of getting together than advancing the game, I would think it would be ideal. For me though, definitely not something I'd allow at one of my games.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It depends on what you want from a game. In most instances drinking is not conducive to high role play, but I have met quite a few who could use a couple drinks to relax,lighten up, and actually get into character. When you are just getting together with friends, anything can be a good drinking game. Why not D&D?
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The object of the exercise was not serious role playing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rabkala View Post
    When you are just getting together with friends, anything can be a good drinking game. Why not D&D?
    As long as you know everybody is good with alcohol then I've got no problem. Serving it to a bunch of strangers is what scares me

Downloads
    Uploads
    These were all very good friends of mine. I'm italian, so everything is sort of a big social event to me. I'd cook a meal. Usually a big pot of soup or stew, maybe roast a chicken, loaf of fresh homemade bread. I got sick of the steady gamers diet of doritos, pizza, and soda. My players loved it.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by upidstay View Post
    These were all very good friends of mine. I'm italian, so everything is sort of a big social event to me. I'd cook a meal. Usually a big pot of soup or stew, maybe roast a chicken, loaf of fresh homemade bread. I got sick of the steady gamers diet of doritos, pizza, and soda. My players loved it.
    Can I come play at you house?

We pass snacks around, but my players tend to eat before they come, or have rapid repast. Once in a while I fix a meal.

It is however a social event and that is the main reason we come.

The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    never made a game of it, but we do more often than not, get some craft ales, a bottle of mead, and other drinks that have a "D&D feel" to them, and drink from tankards & goblets bought over the years at local reniassance fairs

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RealmsDM View Post
    never made a game of it, but we do more often than not, get some craft ales, a bottle of mead, and other drinks that have a "D&D feel" to them, and drink from tankards & goblets bought over the years at local reniassance fairs
    I did work food into the game once. Sue and I had bought a package of Kumquats. I worked it in that the PCs had to consume the "holy fruit" to get the desired end, and brought out the kumquats in a nice bowl. It was fun.

The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by upidstay View Post
    Seriously WOW . You must have some seriously long gaming sessions. I don't think I would play as well if I was stuffed right before we started. A real meal is a great way to take time to get to know each other in a non-gaming and non-"everybody go around the table and state your name one of your favorite things about roleplaying" setting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All that really come to mind is Wow....