Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Minnions.
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Minnions.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Minnions.

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    This was too good to not share, done by a friend of mine.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice! Definitely sinister.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awww, it's so cute and all alone.... Can we keep him?
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farcaster View Post
    Awww, it's so cute and all alone.... Can we keep him?
    Evil Overlords never ask permission.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awww how fuzzy. Who's a little minion? You are . Who's a fuzzy little furball with claws? You are .

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't let Mulsiphix get too close, if I were you. He has a suspicious look in his eye, and he has a nasty penchant for wanting to eat summoned dire rats, so...
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farcaster View Post
    I wouldn't let Mulsiphix get too close, if I were you. He has a suspicious look in his eye, and he has a nasty penchant for wanting to eat summoned dire rats, so...
    I told you I was sorry . I didn't mean to hurt Mr. Fuzzykins last week. He was in the snack bowl and I just wasn't paying attention. YOUR MAGNIFICENT STORY SKILLS ARE TO BLAME!! If I wasn't so enthralled his squeaks of horror would have registered in my mind much sooner. How is he doing by the way?

Downloads
    Uploads
    A frequent saying from my last evil campaign:

"There are only two kinds of minion: competent or loyal."

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads
    While on the subject of Minions I wanted to recommend a product (I'll do more thorough reviews in the proper section when I have more time). This came in a Horror RPG lot I bought on eBay and it has quickly become one of my favorites. I haven't had the chance to play it yet but the book itself was a pleasure to read. Here are a few passages from My Life With Master from the first few pages.

So I find it to be a law (rule of action of my being) that when I want to do what is right and good, evil is ever present with me and I am subject to its insistent demands.
    Dear Reader take warning...go not incautiously forward into these pages, for they describe a roleplaying game about the horrific and dysfunctional ties that bind a monstrous Master
    and his or her minions. It is a game with a not-so-traditional style of play that could well give you the creeps...though other games may have not.
    Now having weighed this caution, should you proceed with these rules I think you'll find the most chilling events of your games arenít so much inflicted by the GM upon the players, but rather, produced by them to the horror of all. Will you laugh?...If you like that sort of thing.
    The Master to whom the minion characters of the players are bound has no traits, per se. Fear is a representation of the whole of the Masterís presence and its penetration as a threatening force into the environment. Minions are in some respects empowered by Fear, and also victimized by it. Reason is a representation of the influence of the Townspeople within the environment.
    I love the way this book is written and hope that the author decides to create more in this product line. Definitely worth checking out
    Last edited by Mulsiphix; 01-12-2008 at 04:03 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Minions rock im now creating one as i post.
    A true warrior flexes like water, burns like fire, endures like earth, and floats like the wind. With Honor, Compassion, and Loyalty A true Warrior will Prevail over all that stands in his way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Even if they serve no purpose other than a purly aesthetic one, I plan to give all my players in any long term campaign the ability to have familiar or minion. They're just soooo cute

Downloads
    Uploads
    So is the horrible XP loss when they die...oh wait...its not!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love adopting strange followers/cohorts/minions ! It is so cool to say adopt the runt kobold hatching and raise it to be your loyal monk follower, as I did in my last game. In a game I am playing in now, I rescued a lizardfolk from captivity who is now a 'cohort' swashbuckler.
    When I DM, I always allow for such oddness. It is great fun.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rabkala View Post
    I love adopting strange followers/cohorts/minions ! It is so cool to say adopt the runt kobold hatching and raise it to be your loyal monk follower, as I did in my last game.

When I DM, I always allow for such oddness. It is great fun.
    I agree. Minions and familiars add a dash of oddity to the setting in the most pleasant of ways. I also really like the idea of dying a valiant death (not purposefully of course) so that I could have a chance to come back as somebody from the monster manual (a DM or two mentioned they allowed this). It would be so much fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Right on. I have had such a lack of players in the last few years that i have to encourage cohorts and minions just so the group is full.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast