Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: RuneQuest Deluxe: Core Rules Compilation

Downloads
    Uploads

RuneQuest Deluxe: Core Rules Compilation

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    <table><tr><td valign="top"></td><td>RuneQuest Deluxe: Core Rules Compilation [Mongoose Publishing]
    by Matthew Sprange
    Release Date: 2007-09-25
    Amazon Price: $74.95 as of 03/07/2008 09:47:04 AM PST
    Quote Originally Posted by Product Description
    For the first time, you can now collect the RuneQuest main rulebook, the Companion and Monsters as one mighty tome! This book contains all the essential information the RuneQuest Games Master (or dedicated player) needs to adventure in any fantasy setting, be it Glorantha or one of your own devising. With the information within fully integrated into one cohesive book, allowing you to review the Rune Magic, Divine Magic and Sorcery options for your character, side-by-side. With enough creatures to populate an entire continent and all the core rules, RuneQuest Deluxe is your entry to one of the longest running and most loved roleplaying games.
    </td/</tr></table>

<HR>Price is accurate as of the date/time indicated. Prices and product availability are subject to change. Any price displayed on the Amazon website at the time of purchase will govern the sale of this product. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT SOME OF THE CONTENT THAT WE MAKE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THIS APPLICATION COMES FROM AMAZON WEB SERVICES. ALL SUCH CONTENT IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS." THIS CONTENT AND YOUR USE OF IT ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND/OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.<HR>

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought this not too long ago. The updated rules are nice ... but the binding is seriously warped; opening the book makes papery popping sounds, and pages keep wanting to close. I've heard this complaint on other forums, about other Mongoose products.

Methinks their new printing press has some kinks ...
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fmitchell View Post
    I bought this not too long ago. The updated rules are nice ... but the binding is seriously warped; opening the book makes papery popping sounds, and pages keep wanting to close. I've heard this complaint on other forums, about other Mongoose products.

Methinks their new printing press has some kinks ...
    No doubt. In fact, right now its so bad that I won't order any Mongoose products online. I have to physically inspect them. Too high a percentage are seriously messed up.

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is jacked up. I thought Mongoose was a pretty big publisher like Goodman Games or Green Ronin. How can anybody be successful with such shoddy binding? By the way Ptolus has the strongest binding I've ever seen on any book in my whole life. Not to shabby for a 500+ page book

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To be fair, they switched to in-house printing recently, so that's part of their problem. I e-mailed them today about the book (with photos), and they apologized and agreed to send me a replacement.

Still, after repeated instances of shoddy editing, thin content, next to zero playtesting, and pumping books out as fast as they can, RuneQuest Deluxe is the last print book of theirs I'll buy for a while, and Elfs the last PDF (because I was curious about the Aldryami).

If I want more Glorantha stuff I'll look to Issaries; instead of Mongoose RuneQuest I'll buy Chaosium's Basic Roleplaying and anything that follows it. The upcoming Traveller doesn't interest me, Cthulhutech misses the point of Lovecraft as far as I can tell, and I don't care about miniatures or d20 (Original, Modern, or Extra-Crispy). That pretty much takes care of their entire product line.
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fmitchell View Post
    If I want more Glorantha stuff I'll look to Issaries; instead of Mongoose RuneQuest I'll buy Chaosium's Basic Roleplaying and anything that follows it. The upcoming Traveller doesn't interest me, Cthulhutech misses the point of Lovecraft as far as I can tell, and I don't care about miniatures or d20 (Original, Modern, or Extra-Crispy). That pretty much takes care of their entire product line.
    ... After reading this it was almost like watching the verbal beating of Mongoose in real life. If you could convert the words to physical blows and Mongoose was a real person, I think I would have just witnessed a murder. RIP Mongoose Publishing

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulsiphix View Post
    ... After reading this it was almost like watching the verbal beating of Mongoose in real life. If you could convert the words to physical blows and Mongoose was a real person, I think I would have just witnessed a murder. RIP Mongoose Publishing
    Well, no, I forgot about their Paranoia line. So they're on life support.

Wait, they're mainly republishing old supplements, which I can find on Noble Knight Games. There, I've just kicked out the plug.