Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Campaign Invitations: New Feature - Potential Players!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Campaign Invitations: New Feature - Potential Players!

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    The Campaign Invitations section now has an enhanced view for game masters who post campaigns. Whenever you view your campaign posting, you will now be presented with a list of of potential players. The players will show up on the google map and in a list just below the campaign summary. Only the GM who posted the campaign can see this list.

Potential players are displayed and ranked by how closely their profiles match up with the campaign on seven different points: Distance, Availability, LFG status, Preferred Genres, Style, Preferred Group Size, and Frequency the game is played. On the map, players who are very closely matched are highlighted in yellow. Players who may be candidates, but there are three or fewer matching points, are are dimmed. The list is sorted by players with the most matching points and then distance.

In order for your list of potential players to be most accurate, it is important that you fill out as many fields as are applicable. Also note, there are two points that MUST match in order for the player to be listed at all:
    • The player MUST be willing to travel at least the distance between their location and the game.
    • The player MUST be available for ALL the days the campaign is listed as being played on. Therefore, it is critical that you only list days that the game will actually be played on. If it is undecided, leave it blank.
    Of course, this is no substitute for reading the player's bio on their profile, and the ratings are only a guestimate. But, it will hopefully be a good starting point to identifying the most likely potential players.

Enjoy! And as always, your comments and suggestions are welcome.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Forgot to include that only players who are marked as LFG or LFP will be included in the potential players list. LFP (Looking for Players) gamers are included as they may still be interested in attending another game.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome! What a great addition. The only possible flaw is that new members may not realize just how important it is to keep their profile updated. In the two months I've been here my profile already needs a drastic update. If there was some kind of way to stress the importance to players that would make this feature even more powerful. Great work Farcaster. I look forward to future goodies

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I found this site while looking for a way to find local players, hopefully most users have come here for the same reason and will keep their profile information updated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was thinking you could include a reminder in the next newsletter you send out, like the one sent out around this Christmas, and possibly a mass PM to all current members? A friendly reminder could go a very long way.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not a bad suggestion. I'll be sending out another newsletter in the next couple of days, so I will be sure to add that.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Great job!

Thanks, Farcaster! Another great upgrade. These new features are a real plus!!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    wow. what a sweet update. that rocks! i will have to mention it to all the gamers i know.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive