Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Rpg In Making

Downloads
    Uploads

New Rpg In Making

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hello Everyone I Am Currently Developing A Rpg Loosly Based on D&D Its Much Simpler And 50% Roleplay and 50% Combat If You Have Any Suggestions On Items, Monsters, Npcs, Town Names, etc... Just Post Or Email me At asawn@email.itt-tech.edu and ill email you a copy of the book when its done thanks for your time and input.
    A true warrior flexes like water, burns like fire, endures like earth, and floats like the wind. With Honor, Compassion, and Loyalty A true Warrior will Prevail over all that stands in his way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got suggestions up the ying yang for just about anything. A little more info about your project would be most helpful and appreciated

Downloads
    Uploads

Project

The Basic Idea Of This Project is The World is Made Of Forgotten Realms And My Own World Ideas. The Math Is More In Depth But Simplified. Fantasy Based Game But May Have GunPowder Weapons Not Sure On That. Basic Monsters From The Monster Manuals Are in Game But Exp System Will Be Revamped. Dc System Also Will Be Revamped(simpler) Basically to sum it all up its D & D But With A Serious Makeover. Making this game A Lot Easier to understand than D & D (to the normies). I Have Tested A Demo I Made Of IT With My Group And They Love It. I Need Ideas For Weaponry And Ideas For Monsters. i Also Need Ideas For Titles Of Land Masses and Possibly a new class or 2. I Also Need Some Ideas on Possible Npc Names. Maybe A Few Ideas on Races. I Basically Have Figured A Good Math System For All the dice rolls and such but if anyone wants to come up with a simpler suggestion feel free to post input. The Chance roll system i have come up with is as follows. A Character will get a certain percentage based on the skill needed. he/she then rolls 2 d10 of different colors 1 color being 10's and 1 being 1's if percentage is lower than % of skill+ % of object against than Sucess. other math is basic hp being 4 hp per vit point. and 3mp per int point. lvling stats is done by rolling stat die according to class than points distributed afterwards. (if anyone has any simpler math or wants to suggest a good math style then post)
    Thanx.
    A true warrior flexes like water, burns like fire, endures like earth, and floats like the wind. With Honor, Compassion, and Loyalty A true Warrior will Prevail over all that stands in his way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe it is just me but I don't quite understand what changes you have made. So far all you've said is that several things have been changed and you might want to add a little of this or that. Do you have all of your changes compiled somewhere? Do you have a world map we could look at so we might be inspired when naming land masses? What kinds of monsters do you need? Simple little sheep or epic dragons? Without specific details it is hard to suggest anything. At this point I am compelled to whip out some of my books and start naming things from them, with a small change here or there so it isn't exactly what is in the original book.

As far as additional races, classes, feats, spells, abilities, etc... I highly recommend you give the following books a look: Field Folio (series), Monster Manual (series), Tome Of Horrors (series), The Complete Book Of Eldritch Might, Unearthed Arcana, Arcana Evolved, The Book Of Iron Might, and Ptolus. Just making a few small changes to items/creatures in those books would give you something unique without having to go all the way back to drawing board, so to speak.

Downloads
    Uploads

ok

Ok I Do Have Some Of The Changes On My Game compiled up in various notebooks. As For Ideas for Monsters i am looking for boss type monsters i Have All the lowly monsters done. as soon as i can get my map scanned on the computer ill give you a link to it. The Change i Forgot to Add Was i Made An Entirely New Character Sheet. And I Am In The Process Of Designing A Core Rulebook So Once Im Finished Ill Post It Up So There is a clearer Image Of My Project. Sorry For The Inconvienience...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwyrm View Post
    Sorry For The Inconvienience...
    Hey no worries. I just want to make sure I understand what your looking for and I personally enjoy looking at a map and deriving names that "come to me" based on what I see. I wouldn't label Louisiana "Boot" but its shape itself is somewhat inspiring you know? I look forward to you posting the information

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwyrm View Post
    And I Am In The Process Of Designing A Core Rulebook So Once Im Finished Ill Post It Up So There is a clearer Image Of My Project. Sorry For The Inconvienience...

Not to pick nits, but do you buy capital letters in box car lots? Truly if you are looking to write an RPG you need to improve your English usage. It's a serious matter. If I opened a book in a hobby shop and saw your current writing style I would put it back unread. Likewise even PDF books, I would look at your introduction and look elsewhere.

Presentation is second only to content. Great content poorly presented remains unread.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    The Dean of Old School
    The Olde Phoenix Inn
    Metro Detroit Linux Users Group

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anybody who doesn't speak the language, a product is being created in, perfectly would surely pass the work by somebody who does for corrections. Such things are of little importance at this stage of creation.

Downloads
    Uploads

lol

I am usually a capital freak but i am getting better. I usually put a lot of capitals in my posts but not in the book so have no worries lol.

Downloads
    Uploads

HalfWay Point

Iv'e Reached The Halfway Point In My Rpg I May Begin Testing On The OnRpg Server Sometime Soon Ill Keep Ya'll Posted..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds good. To try it out I'd have to know how to play D&D 3.X right?

Downloads
    Uploads
    nope you could be inexperieced at any roleplaying and learn it real quick basically no xp necessary.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like I might be a perfect candidate then. I've read a little from WOD, D&D 3.X, GURPS, Exalted, and a few other systems. Been racking my brain lately trying to commit to one. So while I have no solid knowledge of any major system, I'm a quick learner and would love to take part. I'm an avid BattleTech wargamer as well. Let me know when you start recruiting

Downloads
    Uploads
    just post up available times your able to do it and ill work with you into getting you a character sheet and rules packet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I work from home as an eBay reseller. I'm pretty much available all day. Anytime between 10am - 10pm CST would be just fine any day Sunday through Saturday . I've never played on OnRPG though. What kind of interface is that? Play by post, chat client, java, or?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast