Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The TPK: Players Perspective

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Yeah, that's totally lame. What a bunch cry-babies! So what that you picked up a few extra magic items? What's even lamer is that he took them back because of the cry-babies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rabkala View Post
    After one quick battle upon their return, they found a room of portals. Without any experimentation or investigation, they walked into a portal. One by one they followed the leader into the vacuum of space. Since it was time to end for the night, I decided to leave them hanging as I tried to decide on how to rescue the game. One of the two newest players, both brothers in their 20's, started to cry and quickly left. They never returned...
    Why did they start to cry? The way this sounds the game was just ending normally. Did they think the game was over or that they're characters were dead?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Arcanist View Post
    Everything You Said
    I can't believe that he took the items back, decided to change the ring to cursed because he felt like it, and killed everybody because he was bored. TPK isn't necessarily to blame here. DM's that are out to "win" or are only concerned with them having fun have no business being DM's at all. What a jerk.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have played with guys who weren't very good at 'winging it'. They don't really have anything prepared, but think they can handle flying by the seat of their pants for a session or two. They then run into problems because they lack a good foundation in the rules or can't see how far fetched things are getting.

This one did seem to be planning on screwing everyone over, which makes it that much worse. He could have at least made a short power scenario in which the PC's become super powerful and ride off into the sunset or at least die valiantly changing the world for the better.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seriously. If he was bored with a setting he could have shaken things up or ended it on a high note. Who uses a TPK because they're bored? I would think anybody could say such a choice wouldn't go over well. Either he didn't care about DM'ing that much or the guy was seriously dense.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234