Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

View Poll Results: What horror games do you enjoy playing most?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • World of Darkness

13 28.26%
  • Call of Cthulhu

19 41.30%
  • Witchcraft

1 2.17%
  • All Flesh Must Be Eaten

4 8.70%
  • Beyond the Supernatural

1 2.17%
  • Don't Rest Your Head

0 0%
  • Unknown Armies

1 2.17%
  • Other (please explain below)

7 15.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: Favorite Horror Games: The Runoff

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    What clunkiness? I find that the CoC rules are simple and to the point, easy for anyone to pick up, and quite effective.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They are pretty simple to understand, the only one I'm confused on when to use is the Martial Arts skill. The main problem we run into is the small number of Hit Points you have. I realize that its part of the design, you have only a few HP so that your characters are fragile. The group I'm playing with is more into cinematic/pulpy combat, so it takes away their fun. Adding additional HP to the characters alleviates this, but then the game balance is off since the injuries don't have any impact so long as your health is greater than 0.

That's where the Savage Worlds type combat has some appeal to me. They have it built in that your wounds all incur penalties, so your characters still seem fragile. However, they also have the ability to pull off some crazy stunts without the concern that doing so will get them killed immediately after.

What Savage Worlds doesn't have, that I'll definitely miss, is a few of the investigative skills (such as Luck and Idea) that have been a huge help in getting all of the information across to the PC's.

The bottom line is that its not a problem with the CoC rules, its an issue with how we choose to play the game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I voted for (New) World of Darkness but Beyond the supernatural is my second pick as I love the Palladium Multiversal system.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would love to play SLA Industries, sadly it's an almost dead system where updates get released with glacial slowness

Whilst not technically a horror setting itself, an old friend used to run a SR 2ed campaign that was a subtle blend of SR, CoC, the Books of Magic, The Sandman & Dark Conspiracy .. I have never had so much gaming enjoyment due to the amazing creative imagination of a small handful of people.
    Moving house sucks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, Trail of Cthulhu, but it's not there so I said Call since it is the same setting. The Delta Green setting's great, if the milieu is perhaps a bit dated.
    Monster? We're British, you know!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I voted for World of Darkness, although it's been years since I was able to assemble a group to play it. It's all about D&D now, but there was a time where it was V:tM FtW.
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence, then success is assured." -Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12