Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
nijineko waves. - Page 2
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: nijineko waves.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    LOL I give up

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    here's what my translator widget made of my japanese:

To be good. You greeted and with you thought. Thing of テーブルタァク knows in detail or, and others, everyone of the acquaintance visits help. Please, without being modest steadily. Because English one is easy to write, it stops here. We ask may!
    heheheh. japanese has a nasty habit of simply dropping the subject of a sentence entirely, especially if it refers to oneself. social humility as a virtue or something like that. for us poor foreigners, it means we have to guess what the heck they are referring a comment to. on the other hand, they have no skill at understanding mispronounced or miswritten language, like english speakers do, so i guess it evens out. =D

for comparison purposes, here is what i was basically trying to say, only in english:

greetings. just thought i'd introduce myself briefly. i function mainly as a consultant for rpg plots, characters, and various other ideas for when you lack ideas. please, go ahead and ask me anything. i'm better at writing in english, so i'll stop here. ((literally untranslatable)-but it means something like looking forward to working with you so please be nice to me.)
    wild, ne? shows how you can't entirely trust a computer-based translator yet. oh, while you're at it, feel free to ask me japan or japanese questions as well as rpg related stuff.
    Last edited by nijineko; 12-31-2007 at 11:59 AM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you very much for the direct translation . I happen to have a japanese language question for you. What is the difference between Domo and Domo Arigato? Is it like Your Welcome and Your Very Welcome? I see it used a lot in subbed anime and even in Shogun (mini-series on TV) but never quite understood why Domo isn't enough.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that is a question that the band Styx is most suited to answer....

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the difference between 'domo' and 'domoarigatou' is pretty much the same as the difference between "thanks" and "thank you". 'domo arigatou gozaimashita' would be the equivalent of "thank you very much".

just so you know, "your welcome" is 'douitashimashite'.

=D
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    okay...you are confusing me...in Japanese you say every vowel right? Is it all one word?

doh-yu-ee-ta-she-mah-she-tay?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_kidd View Post
    You do and you clean it up off the floor!

I'll have to remember that one.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes you say every vowel. and yes it's all one word.

it's said: dough-ee-tah-shee-mah-shee-tay

the funny thing with that one is that if you just mumble "don't touch the mustache" really fast, they'll think that you are just mispronouncing it slightly and think you are saying 'you're welcome'! ^^

if you want a challenge try saying 'arawareru' and getting it right! ^^ (hint: japanese vowels are pronounced the same no matter where in a word they show up. and each vowel has only one way to pronounce it, unlike english.)
    Last edited by nijineko; 01-04-2008 at 09:58 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ara-wa-re-ru sounds like arah-wah-ree-rue? If not what does it sound like? I hope to one day be able to watch raw japanese anime without having to find fansubs or wait for some american corporation to pick it up and dub it.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    =D heheheh. so i thought too. be prepared for an intensive study of the japanese language then. they use all manner of slang and local dialects in anime. but if you become fluent in spoken, you'll get the general gist of everything, if not all the details.

try this phonetic spelling: ah-wah-rah-rey-roo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One day the understanding of RAW anime dialect will be MINE! Until then... fansubs are my friend

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i can be convinced to teach japanese in exchange for product or transferable units of current and valid exchange.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish they had language learning in game format. Something fun. I remember back in the day when Mario Typing was the pinnacle of video game meets education. I think typing was never more exiting than in the Dreamcast release of The Typing Of The Dead. I want something that awesome for learning japanese.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hmmm. there was this flash game once where you had to switch between two worlds and one of the worlds was in japanese....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12