Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

nijineko waves.
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nijineko waves.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

nijineko waves.

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    greetings. just thought i'd introduce myself briefly. i function mainly as a consultant for rpg plots, characters, and various other ideas for when you lack ideas. many is the character (and player!) who has unknowingly suffered at my hands. likewise, many are those who have tasted the fruits of victory and found them all the sweeter for the challenges they overcame. i guarantee quantity of ideas, quality will have to be determined on a case-by-case. i look forward to working with everyone.

yoku aimashita. o-aisatsu shio to omoimashita. marude, teburu-takku no koto ga kuwashi kara, shiriai no mina ga boku ni tasuke wo tazunemasu. dozo don-don enryo shinaide. eigo no hou ga kakiyasui kara, koko de tomarimasu. yoroshiku onegaishimasu!
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Greetings nijineko sahn. Do you search for a game or the sound of one hand waving?

Welcome aboard
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to the boards. Its always nice to have add another thinker to the PNP ranks.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    yoku aimashita. o-aisatsu shio to omoimashita. marude, teburu-takku no koto ga kuwashi kara, shiriai no mina ga boku ni tasuke wo tazunemasu. dozo don-don enryo shinaide. eigo no hou ga kakiyasui kara, koko de tomarimasu. yoroshiku onegaishimasu!
    Huh? What? Is this Japanese?
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That it is

Downloads
    Uploads
    It does appear to be some sort of improper Japanese (romaji I think it's called) message. Some things look more familiar like eigo which mostly means English.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just finished watching Shogun and a few subbed Anime's. I swore I recognized some of those words. I tried to translate them using several online services and not a single one recognized it as Japanese.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post

You do and you clean it up off the floor!
    How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?
    If 'pro' is the opposite of 'con' what is the opposite of 'progress'?

Downloads
    Uploads
    vic do you know what that actually says or are you just joking around? I'm seriously dying to know what it says.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure that whatever it says, it involves tentacles, virgins, and a kamehameha wave....

Downloads
    Uploads
    A kamehameha wave?! Surely it involves a huge interstellar monkey as well then right

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i'm tempted to leave you hanging just to keep the outrageous guesses coming! ^^ however, that would be just a mite cruel, so i'll explain. yes that is japanese, and yes it is written using romaji. hmmm, perhaps i should test the japanese font a bit and see if the forum will handle displaying it....

これ わ どう かな?

(checking post...)

sweet! well, i can see it, hopefully most of you can too! (it'll depend on whether you have japanese fonts installed (windows update), or have a mac (no problem!).

here is what i said above in kana:
    よく あいました。 おあいさつしよ と 思いました。 テーブルタァク の こと が くわしく知る か ら、 知り合い の みな が たすけ を 訪ねます。 どうぞ、 どんどん 遠慮しないで。 英語 の  ほう が 書きやすい から、 ここ で とまります。 よろしく お願いします!

i just checked it on a translator widget, and i have to laugh. a japanese person will understand what i'm talking about, but i tend to use really oddball phrasing. that's what you get for living over there and getting a mix of high-class and low-class speech patterns!

and one thing that no translator program is likely to get (or many japanese for that matter), is that the original phrase for roleplaying games is "table talk". this phrase does not apply to the computer games, only to pen-and-paper versions. it lasted for about 5 years of popularity in japan some 20-25 years ago. or at least basic dnd was popular. when they released advanced, the interest died off as it became too complicated. besides, nintendo came out. i actually found some 1st ed dnd stuff in japanese, but sadly could not buy it at that time. =( it was quite nostalgic to see the artwork, however.

some recent interest has resurged as there are a fair number of gaijin that actively game over there.
    Last edited by nijineko; 12-29-2007 at 02:27 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Mulsiphix View Post
    vic do you know what that actually says or are you just joking around? I'm seriously dying to know what it says.

I was just joking around. It was something that my father said when he heard a language that he didn't understand.
    How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?
    If 'pro' is the opposite of 'con' what is the opposite of 'progress'?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I must be slow tonight because I can't figure out what part of your post nijineko is the translation. Could somebody quote it for me?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you're not slow. it is a partial translation of my first intro post starting off this thread. ^^ as i say in japanese, i'm better at writing in english, so i stopped duplicating what i already said in english. =D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast