Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: favorite campaign

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

favorite campaign

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    what is your favortie campaign that you have been in?

Downloads
    Uploads

Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

We played an all Cleric party, it was silly ridiculous.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My favorite campaign was a round robin. There were about 10 players, around 6 of which took turns running in order. It went on this way for about a year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My favorite was run by a D&D Master way back in the day. He's where I learned what D&D really was about and how when done well it can be an amazing thing.

He got in from the very get-go, an engineer from HP (yeah, the big printer company) that has a portion of the Greyhawk world mapped out with incredible detail. He must have been working on it from the early days of D&D, since he had binders full of information.

Anyways, many of the ideas I have posted here have come initially from him. He was a master of creating interesting opponents and keeping you on your feet. One wizard kept coming back, and we found out he had an invisible ring of regeneration on one finger after we killed him for the 3rd time.

The campaign was in a far reach of Greyhawk, where the players were trapped on land by a dangerous fey-fill wood and by sea by a Dragon Turtle which terrorized the lake. There was a single villiage, and with their general distrust of magic and quite a few eccentric NPCs, it was always an interesting place. I very much liked the dynamic of having a small isolated town as a home base, with very memorable NPCs who you constantly have to deal with, so I still use it to this day.

The adventurers were varied, ranging from a easily accesible extra-dimensional path with many random doors (including a spectator, 2nd edition beholder relation) to a race through a mine on carts. We went into wells, attacked and defended a fortress, and I remember one time particularly hanging out behind an iron golem I aquired as a pet with a magical candle to keep healing him as he defended the gatehouse.

This was D&D at its finest, and I have been striving for that ideal ever since.

Developer for Darkage Warlord, a Pen & Paper Games exclusive Medieval Wargame.

If you are in the DC metro area and like to trade D&D minis (1.0 or 2.0), please send me a PM!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In all my years of gaming, I still think that my favorite was with the first real DM that I had. Hutch actually thought out the WHY's behind what he put in the campaign. He created villains that were believable, recurring, and SHOULD be hated.

I use him as a litmus test on what I do nowadays - after a session, I always ask if Hutch would have been pleased with what I did.