Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Pen & Paper Games - Newsletter - Dec 2007

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pen & Paper Games - Newsletter - Dec 2007

Season's Greetings, my fellow PnPG'rs!

It has been a great year here at Pen and Paper Games. Since this time last year, the player registry has swelled by an additional two thousand profiles! And in the past few months, the forums have been popping with all kinds of activity. So much so, that I personally can barely keep up with it all. So once again, you all have my thanks for making the Pen and Paper Games community an awesome place to be.

I have just a few announcements to close out the year:

* Campaign Invitations Upgrades - Phase 1 *
    First, I'm excited to announce that the Campaign Invitations section has undergone a much needed transformation. Since the inception of the Player Registry, there has been something missing. While the registry does an excellent job for player profiles, it doesn't really do well for advertising campaigns. So, the CI forum has served that purpose, albeit not very well, as it had the same pitfalls of many of the game-search forums out there.

Well, no more. The Campaign Invitations section is now fully searchable much like the Player Registry: by distance, genre, days, frequency, and more... You can read more about the changes here: http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...ead.php?t=4587

Important Note: Currently, there are many campaigns that were posted prior to the upgrade that do not have this information. If you posted a campaign previously and have not updated it since the CI enhancements were put in place, please update your campaign as soon as possible. Old campaigns that have not been updated with the new required campaign information will be archived in the coming weeks.

* Community Supporter Accounts *
    Would you like to help support the Pen & Paper Games website AND get a few extra forum goodies, like custom avatars, signatures, and attachment space? For what amounts to $1 per month, you can now make a direct contribution to the success of our community, and at the same time get a few extra perks on the forums. Your donations go directly to the upkeep of the Pen & Paper Games servers, and help us expand by having a war-chest, as it were, for advertising and event sponsorships. So, please, consider becoming a sponsor today. T'is the season, as they say

* Contributing to Pen & Paper Games' Success *
    There are also a lot of other ways you can become personally involved in helping build our community. Simply getting the word out at other online forums, game shops and local meet-up groups you visit is a tremendous help. Our number one goal has always been to help players connect, and the more people that know about and join our player database, the better we'll be able to do just that! We have several different ways to help you get the word out to places you visit:
    • If you have a website and you'd like to help promote the site, here are a couple of banners you can use:

• We also have a userbar that you can use at other forums and links back to your profile. You can find out more about that here: http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...ead.php?t=1623

• If you will be visiting a convention or local meet and want to bring some fliers with you, contact me by email or PM on the forums and I will be glad to create a custom flier you can print and hand out.
    * New Play by Post Game: Frontier Zone *
    For you play by posters out there, a new play by post game is opening up and is looking for players.
    In the 22nd Century, a new frontier begs to be explored. But life in the United Systems Alliance Frontier Zone is dangerous. The United Systems Navy patrols the Zone as best as is possible, but the Seven Fleets are spread way too thinly. What's more, there are the Mordum Hegemony and the Shardon Empire to worry about. Danger and excitement go hand-in-hand in The Frontier Zone.
    The game is being run by Stuart Sexton, author of the Frontier Zone RPG. For more details, visit: http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...ead.php?t=4554
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quick note on Community Supporter Accounts. As a community supporter, I have the following perks already lined up for you:
    • Upload your own custom avatar (animations are allowed). Your avatar may be up to 120x120 pixels, and 50kb in a variety of formats (gif, jpg, png, etc)
    • You may also upload a signature image of up to 500x100 pixels, and up to 50kb in size.
    • Your Private Message mailbox size will be increased to 500.
    • Your attachment limit on the forums will be raised from 1 MB to 10 MB.
    • You may also upload up to 25 MB of files in the articles/blogs section.
    You may also see some future features that are designed specifically for our community supporters.

Thanks!
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farcaster View Post
    Your avatar may be up to 80x80 pixels, and 50kb in a variety of formats (gif, jpg, png, etc)
    Sorry, that should have been 120x120. I have updated it.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games