Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

View Poll Results: How many RPG related forums do you actively visit?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • None. You're lucky I even answered this poll...

2 1.46%
  • Just this one.

28 20.44%
  • One other.

41 29.93%
  • 2-3 others.

43 31.39%
  • 4-5 others. Some might say I am a forum addict.

19 13.87%
  • More than 5. Who needs sleep anyway?

4 2.92%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How many RPG forums do you typically frequent?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Let's see - here and TangledWeb (an OpenRPG server) forums are the two I check most actively, but I also visit the WotC occasionally and a local board as well (but it's mainly Warhammer 40k, so I go there rather irregularly).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I Play in the Wold (another PBP site), I also frequent Pen and Paper alot, as well as Dragons landing forums, and a Warhammer Forum (Go Skaven and Empire)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I pretty much just visit this one. Sometimes wandering different sites. But this is pretty mcuh what I call home.

Quote Originally Posted by D'argos View Post
    I pretty much just visit this one. Sometimes wandering different sites. But this is pretty mcuh what I call home.
    Just read the post on visiting WOTC sites, I visit them but I dont post really, more resource hunting than anything.
    Last edited by Farcaster; 04-22-2008 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Merged posts.
    [r oll=Dice]Action Description[/ roll]
    [h ide]Some stuff[/ hide]
    (no spaces)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Still, this is the only one - when I actually drag myself to log in.
    "And then you wake up."

Downloads
    Uploads

Just This One

I used to belong to one other from which my current DM recruited me and brought me over here. I think that one is closed now. I haven't logged on over there in months.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i read a few post on two, very rarely though, mostly i just like to read what people are discussing in rpg land.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reading (though not posting) on wizards, enworld and just checked out MeetUp.com to see what's in my area for gaming.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Drohem View Post
    I used to frequent WotC for both D&D and d20 Modern, but I found that it is very confrontational on those boards.
    My sentiments exactly. I have been a member of the WotC forums since 2005, but I have posted perhaps four times, total. There are simply too many trolls/flamers/generally irritating postings there for my taste, and so I find myself coming here more often.

I really enjoy the forums here. While things have gotten a bit heated in the D&D forums with the release of 4th edition, people have maintained their respect for one another, despite differing opinions on the subject. That alone makes it worthwhile to come here with my questions and (rather limited) game knowledge.

If there was only one thing I could ask for, it would be more members coming here. After all, forums live and die by their members.
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence, then success is assured." -Mark Twain

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Talmek View Post
    My sentiments exactly. I have been a member of the WotC forums since 2005, but I have posted perhaps four times, total. There are simply too many trolls/flamers/generally irritating postings there for my taste, and so I find myself coming here more often.

I really enjoy the forums here. While things have gotten a bit heated in the D&D forums with the release of 4th edition, people have maintained their respect for one another, despite differing opinions on the subject. That alone makes it worthwhile to come here with my questions and (rather limited) game knowledge.

If there was only one thing I could ask for, it would be more members coming here. After all, forums live and die by their members.
    yep. farcaster runs a nice board, and i feel like everyone i've discussed anything with here is a nice, reasonable, SERIOUS gamer, not someone who enjooys anonymously being a difficult *person*
    "well, g'night! dont let the flesh eating demon bed babies bite!!"
    facebook.com/houstonderek

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, thank you, sir.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farcaster View Post
    Well, thank you, sir.
    no, thank YOU

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, people tend to be more friendly here, I've been on WotC since 06 and I concur with Talmek, most people on there are not looking for information or civil discussions, but rather flame anyone that does not think like they do.

I visit between 4 or 5 RPG forums, and this has to be the friendliest. I've never been flamed or trolled here, but about half of the time I've spent on WotC has been in defense against a flamer.

Thanks Farcaster
    "If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming. If you want to experience the element, then get out of the vehicle...SKYDIVE!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've said this on another forum topic already but I agree. I only joined prior to 4th edition so I'm pretty new but the atmosphere is relaxing. I think this site has something that the wizards board lacks which is the fact that here it just seems like players from all sides of the map hanging out and talking about the games they enjoy to play and experiences they have had. It feels more like a social gathering than other sites I've been to. I've had some debates on here (mostly reguarding 4th edition) but I will agree with what has already been said..they've been debates and I haven't seen a single post yet that has disrespected a fellow gamer. I agree...this is a great place to be Farcaster

Downloads
    Uploads
    i just finished looking around on some of the other boards out there. man, im glad i picked this one. some people out there are just downright rude and snarky. for the most part, in here, even in a heated debate, civility isnt thrown out the window. its nice to be a part of a mature forum, instead of a troll and flame farm...

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe the friendly and civil attitude on here is what keeps most people here. It's like a breath of fresh air.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast