Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

View Poll Results: Have you called-in-sick in order to roleplay?

Voters
194. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've called-in-sick to work (or school) because of a RPG.

76 39.18%
  • Not me, I've never called in on account of a RPG.

91 46.91%
  • I'm a bastion of honesty, I've never called in untruthfully.

27 13.92%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling-in-Sick?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Last time I went to the DMV was six years ago. They told me I had to call some number because my license was locked. I called and they said I owed somebody $6,000 for a car accident I had four years earlier. I didn't have the money to get a lawyer to work it out for me so I just didn't go back. Been hitching a ride ever since. Thank god I don't leave the house that often and I'm married

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    eventually it'll either be sent to collections, or it'll be dropped. the problem is knowing how long to wait till that'll happen. the collections is easy, you'll get phone calls. the other won't happen if you keep showing your face and reminding them of your existance. ^^ seems like you're on the right track so far. you could always get a scooter. if they are under 15-30cc in size, they are legal to drive without a license.

or you could always stand upon your constitutional rights. according to the law, you cannot be required to have a license to drive. they never TELL you that, of course, but it's true. you are guarenteed in the constitution the right to free and uninhibited travel "by the means of the day".

back then, that meant horses and buggys and wagons and coaches. nowadays, that means cars. but the law has not changed. so you can legally drive without a license, if you are an american citizen. ^^ i have a friend who did this. after about 4 months he got pulled over and taken in cause he had no license. he cited his constitutional rights, and that took the officer back.

well, they held him downtown for a while, but had to let him go, because they could not legally charge him with anything, as he had techinically not broken the law!! the judge said, that it was a personal first, that she'd run into this situation, but she wasn't going to open the can of worms by trying to rule one way or the other on it. so they had to let him go.

strange but true! =D
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Details Of The Story For Those Interested

I was in a car accident in 1999. My car was demolished by a very large truck which the driver himself admitted to police only had a scratch on the bumper. Two weeks later I got a bill from Farmers Insurance for the paint bill for said bumper. I didn't pay it, as I now had no job and was already being evicted from my apartment. I never heard anything about it again. Two years later I went into the DMV to renew my license and they said I had to call a number. When I called the number they couldn't tell me why I owed $6,000. They gave me his name (which I remembered) and an address. They said I had to resolve the matter which him and that no futher information was available, not even a phone number.

I called that same DMV given number several times and nobody would transfer me to a supervisor and the information given to me was always the same. I did a little research and found that under Texas law you could not be sued for anything if you were not informed (served papers) of a lawsuit within two years of the date the incident occurred.

I never heard from Farmers Insurance, I never received a letter in the mail, I was not served papers in any fashion for a lawsuit; I was never contacted or made aware of any lawsuit. I owe $6,000 to this guy but have no direct way to contact him, his attorney, or reference the court case in which he was awarded this sum of money. Basically I should be able to get out of this if I can hire an attorney to look at my case. I've already tried looking up pro-bono lawyers and couldn't find anybody that would take my case. I don't think it would cost more than a couple thousands to resolve this matter but have been "hardly making it by" for the last eight years. Not to mention my wife drives and we don't even actually own a car (we share one with my mom who lives five miles away).

I'm certain I could fix this if I had the funds but it has never really been something I "needed" to do, not that I could afford it. If it was more pressing I'm sure I could find a way to come up with the money but so far it hasn't been worth my trouble. For all I know it has worked itself out by now. I haven't been back to the DMV in eight years

Downloads
    Uploads
    $6k for a paint job? Something smells fishy. Did you have insurance when the accident happened and were you given a copy of the accident report?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    very fishy. and your car should have been paid for if you had insurance.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't even have liability. If I had a copy of the accident report, as I don't recall now, it is long gone. I've moved about nine times since that apartment, one was a breakup where I lost just about everything to my name. I'm sure I could find it if I dig though.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    wow, you could make a country western-ish rpg about you life, mul! call it "vagabond:i ain't got no luck, and then it goes downhill!" the rpg of chaotic misery. well, it'd make an interesting ccg, at the very least. ^^

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats a great idea. So far I've only created a custom MTG card set for my life and the car accident troubles were one of the expansions. Maybe I should turn my misery into gold! I know a fellow sufferer who made the jump and got picked up by White Wolf.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In the 16 years since getting out of the military, I have only called of twice for being sick. Unfortunately for me, both times involved puking my guts out due to some stomach virus. Would not wish that illness on anyone. The second time was this past December. To make matters worse, my wife and youngest daughter had it at the same time.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    that happened to us once too. all three (at the time) of us caught something nasty and spent a week or so hovering over the toilet or trashcan.... little boy got paranoid and started crying if he saw us pick up and move the trashcan. =( poor guy!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fortunately, I don't think my daughter will remember it since she was only 10 months old at the time. Also, ours was only a 24 hour ordeal. I would hate to have to deal with that for a whole week.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As a teenager somebody convinced me it would be a good idea, for "fun", to grind up these plant seeds (wont say what). I got the "fun" but before it hit I had the worst puking session of my entire life. Turns out the human stomach cannot digest the husks of these particular seeds. My stomach rejected every last teeny tiny bit over a thirty minute period. I used to hate throwing up so bad. I hated the gut wrenching and abdominal pain. I never touched the stuff again and whenever I get sick I'm always thankful it is never even close to what I went through when I was a teen

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulsiphix View Post
    As a teenager somebody convinced me it would be a good idea, for "fun", to grind up these plant seeds (wont say what). I got the "fun" but before it hit I had the worst puking session of my entire life. Turns out the human stomach cannot digest the husks of these particular seeds. My stomach rejected every last teeny tiny bit over a thirty minute period. I used to hate throwing up so bad. I hated the gut wrenching and abdominal pain. I never touched the stuff again and whenever I get sick I'm always thankful it is never even close to what I went through when I was a teen
    Nature's way of telling you not to do that. I'm with y'all on not liking to puke. I had the stomach virus thing last year. Ugh. I felt fine as long as nothing but clear liquids touched my stomach.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    The Dean of Old School
    The Olde Phoenix Inn
    Metro Detroit Linux Users Group

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    9 days. 9 days of nothing but saltines and liquids. and for the first three, i couldn't even take the saltines.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Saltines remind me of a crash diet I did that only involved eating rice cakes. Now even the smell of them invokes nausea

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast