Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

View Poll Results: Have you called-in-sick in order to roleplay?

Voters
194. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've called-in-sick to work (or school) because of a RPG.

76 39.18%
  • Not me, I've never called in on account of a RPG.

91 46.91%
  • I'm a bastion of honesty, I've never called in untruthfully.

27 13.92%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling-in-Sick?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulsiphix View Post
    Saltines remind me of a crash diet I did that only involved eating rice cakes. Now even the smell of them invokes nausea
    They do that to me and I never did the diet. The things remains me of packing peanuts, but without the yummy plastic flavor.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    The Dean of Old School
    The Olde Phoenix Inn
    Metro Detroit Linux Users Group

Downloads
    Uploads
    Those rice cakes are like eating styrofoam or cardboard, yuk!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would rather chew on an old shoe before one of those rice cakes. I don't think that the shoe would be as chewy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a girlfriend who was really into the rice cakes. Even bizarre flavored ones that tasted nothing like what they claimed. Then again, compared to her cooking, even rice cakes seemed edible. I guess I would rather die fat and happy if rice cakes were my only option for losing weight.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Amen brother, amen!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I second that! Praise rabkala! Thou speaketh the truth!!

I literally cannot eat them anymore. Funny how something, not rice cakes though, can taste so good but after you eat it over and over again you start to hate it. I can still drink orange soda and feel like I'm drinking watered down Flintstones vitamins

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the ones made in japan are actually better. they fry them in soy sause and add (very light) flavoring. they actually have taste. ^^ not the ideal diet, but better than the versions over here in america. a couple of them are actually good, but you have to find just the right ones. out of the 50,000 varieties that are in the stores over there. ^^; besides, you know the girls that eat those rice cakes are slathering them with mayo or dressing or other stuff. especially when noone else is looking.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've heard of fried rice but never fried rice cakes . I wonder how one of those tastes. Even more interested to learn if I can find them here in the states. Sounds delicious with the added flavor and crunch.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    do yourself a f(l)avor. ;D go find an asian grocery store, and try those. or better yet, try both for comparision.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    do yourself a f(l)avor. ;D go find an asian grocery store, and try those. or better yet, try both for comparision.

Was wondering if the price of "western" food in specialty stores in asia is as expensive as the asian food is in specialty stores here? Or is it because it is considered to be healthier for you?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cplmac View Post
    Was wondering if the price of "western" food in specialty stores in asia is as expensive as the asian food is in specialty stores here? Or is it because it is considered to be healthier for you?
    Seriously ? They charge a lot on asian food where you are ? When I go to asian supermarkets I usually find very inexpensive treats there. For instance I stock on various frozen dumplings/pot stickers, easy to prepare and tasty to eat. Candy and dry fruits are really a bargain too. And should I even mention how affordable are the tea, noodles and rice in general ?
    Au gibet noir, manchot aimable, dansent, dansent les paladins
    Les maigres paladins du diable les squelettes de Saladins.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by boulet View Post
    Seriously ? They charge a lot on asian food where you are ? When I go to asian supermarkets I usually find very inexpensive treats there. For instance I stock on various frozen dumplings/pot stickers, easy to prepare and tasty to eat. Candy and dry fruits are really a bargain too. And should I even mention how affordable are the tea, noodles and rice in general ?

Yes, if you are in a store that only sells that food. In regular grocery stores, it's not that expensive, but the brands names are different and seem to be "americanized" versions of that item. Maybe the local market isn't as large here and the laws of supply and demand are coming into play here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe the local market isn't as large here and the laws of supply and demand are coming into play here.
    I would expect that the size of your local Asian community is of importance indeed... Just like with any cultural group, where they are in number you can expect to find a good supply (in price and authenticity) of foreign food/products.
    Au gibet noir, manchot aimable, dansent, dansent les paladins
    Les maigres paladins du diable les squelettes de Saladins.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Specialty store prices are usually rape here in the states. If you can manage to find international goodies, like Pocky at Walmart, at big chain stores then your good to go. Otherwise you better be ready to pay. I used to import Pocky at $2 a box and paid shipping. Now I can get it for $0.97 cents at my local Walmart.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When I lived in Japan (for 3 years)- McDonald's was touted as health food .

But yes, the two "Foreign Food" stores I frequented (before going native so as not to squander my meagre pay packet) were quite expensive - but everything has to be shipped or flown in. Although, curiously, the cheapest place to get a decent hot dog in Fukushima was at the movie theater,

Melefresh

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast