Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Funniest Pen & Paper Games moments...

Downloads
    Uploads

Your Funniest Pen & Paper Games moments...

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    So.. everyone has had to have had them a moment in a game where everyone just had to stop and laugh hysterically.. whether it was really funny or just mildly funny post it up i will start

The game: DnD3.5e
    The situation: My rogue in a dungeon finds a rod of wonder... interestingly No one in the party can identify it and my rogue was literally to broke to get it identified for him (much to proud as well) so i did what any self respecting rogue does when theres a magic item that cannot be identified use it often and try to guess what it must be... antics ensued.. First use in the dungeon casted darkness the party had to feel their way out of the room we were in. Second use while picking someones pocket in an in i attempt to cast darkness and instead grow grass in the inn and get caught pick pocketing. Third use point it at a party member and turn myself green. Fourth and inevitably final use I was used it again and launched a fireball at 2 of my group members.

Downloads
    Uploads

Shadowrun

My Shadowrun group at the time was pretty large (about 20 players), and this one night we had a new guy. I don't remember why, but the GM decided he didn't like the guy, who was sitting literally next to him.

So 20 of us are prowling around the mid-section of this skyscraper in Hawaii (some of you may remember the name of the adventure), and naturally, we didn't stay under the business' security for long. So we're on this one floor, and the elevator opens with a ding. The GM asks, "Who was left guarding the elevator?" and the GM said later it was one of the funniest things he'd ever seen 19 heads turn in unison toward the back wall, leaving the newbie shouting, "Oh OH Me! ME!"

5 minutes later, the new guy's character was dead and he was going home. We never saw him again.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    D&D3.5, 4 years ago.

The party of adventurers were wandering through a series of caverns when they came upon a bivouac of orcs in an expansive cave. To get out of the caverns, they would have to pass through the encampment. One of the party yelled, "BEHOLDER!" and further intoned that there was a beholder pursuing them from the caverns. The orcs panicked and ran out of the cave in fear of a beholder attack. Thus allowing the party to escape.

Downloads
    Uploads
    HAHA those are both rather great... was the person screaming beholder forced to do a bluff check?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nah, they were a bunch of moronic orcs and there were like 4 of the party members screaming it. So if anything, it would have /supported/ the original roll. Plus, I wasn't going to ruin the humor in it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    hmm awesome i love it when GM's allow for creative solutions to problems other than the traditional kill everything move...

Downloads
    Uploads
    i would have to say it was when i played one of the NPC parts for the GM in shadowrun. The character was a young coyote shaman, about 16, who had no manners, needed Ritalin, and had a perverted mind. he was hitting on one of the female player character (who was played by a guy). the NPC just couldn't get a clue that the character didn't like him or want sex with him. the scene got so bad that the player had to leave the table from laughing and even the GM had to stop to get himself under control..

Downloads
    Uploads
    hehe flawed npc's almost always lead to hilarity

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm...so many, but...

1st AD&D and a Deck of Many Things, and I was the DM

Several interesting and funny things came out of this encounter:

1. A 1st level PC drew the Death card. We used the Good Hits and Bad Fumbles chart back then, and he scored a critical instant death on Death.

2. One player was running two PCs. One PC was an evil wizard and the other was a good ranger. There was a history between the two, and so the wizard was in disguise. The wizard drew the Eminity card and Donjon, I believe, it was the one where you were stripped of all possessions. The wizard was brought back with a wish, but was stark naked. Hence, his disguise was removed. To the player's credit, he roleplayed the senario well. His ranger immediately recognized the evil wizard and killed him. At the gates of hell, the devil (from the Eminity card) was waiting for the wizard and made a pact which returned him to life to wreck havoc and further the devil's plans. I decided that the devil had recently been slain and could not yet return the material plane, and thus needed the evil wizard's assistance for his machiations and revenge.

3. One player had a gnome thief who also drew the Donjon card. A wish was used to return him as well. However, he was naked as well. In the very next room, there was a pit trap which the gnomish thief failed to identify.

Gnome player: "No problem, Masked Marvel (his name) has a ring of Feather Fall."

Me (GM): "Umm...he's naked remember?"

Player: "Ayieeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    lol those are rather interesting in deed

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another interesting one...

1st AD&D- Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh

The party confronted the evil wizard and his men escaping in the undersea caverns below via boat.

The battle was joined!

The evil wizard cast Color Spray which knocked out the PC wizard and one or two others.

Several of the PCs fought the evil wizard and killed all his henchmen. The evil wizard casted his last spell (another Color Spray) which knocked out the last standing PC.

The next round the PC wizard awakes with no spells memorized and 1 hit point left. The evil wizard was out of spells as well. There was a tense moment where the two wizards looked at each other.

They tied on initiative (yeah, we kept ties) and both picked up discarded scimitars from their fallen comrades. They charged each other and a fierce wizard sword fight ensued!

They exchanged blows for several rounds (missing each other), and finally the PC wizard scored a critical and killed the evil PC wizard.

The party awakes to find the PC wizard holding a bloody scimitar and standing over the evil wizards huffing and puffing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    both funny and epic bonus points indeed

Downloads
    Uploads
    ok, this one just came to me and is funny...

RuneQuest III....homebrew campaign setting

Azereus Bearshoulders was a bear of a man (natural 18 on 3d6) and stout (he had a high CON and SIZ, don't remember exactly).

He had found a female lover that could match his stature. We were all kicking it in the local pub.

The female NPC was going to retire for the evening, but Azereus wanted her to stay up and drink with us. She refused and made some witty remark. Of course, the rest of us started talking smack to Azereus about not being able to control his woman, being whipped, etc. in a joval mood.

Azereus' player was young back then, and started talking macho nonsense to his NPC lover. She responded and it seemed that a lover's spat had errupted.

Azereus' player tried to manhandle his lover, and so she punched him in the head and knocked him unconscious.

Azereus was razzed by his companions for the rest of his adventuring career over this situation.

The mighty and great Azereus Bearshoulder's was B-slaped by his lover and knocked out cold.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I created a NWN module based on my D&D world. Most of my D&D players played with us.

I had created a tower that had a sign in front of it. The sign read, "DO NOT ENTER, PORTAL TO PLANE OF FIRE, YOU WILL DIE."

What did the party do?

And yeah, everyone died.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Three events come to mind, one was between players, the other was in game.

1. My Wife (then girlfriend) has join the game for the first time, and brought in her new character I had helped her make. Mike, a long time gamer asked her, "what race are you?" to which she promptly responded, "White." The dumbstruck look on his face completely cracked everyone up.

2. Playing Alternity, Living Verge. I was GM'ing at Gencon and as the game was in it's second year, wasn't huge and We remembered many of the fellow gamers. One was a hyperactive T'sa who had an obsessive love for alien artifacts. They were playing a mission and in the final room of the ship they were defending from pirates they found an alien artifact. He rolls his jump check to LEAP over three other people twice his height to get to the artifact so he could start getting PG13 with it. People from the two neighboring tables looked through the walls to see why everyone was laughing when he rolled played getting dragged away from it by ships security.

3. The first year Alternity came out, None of the players really realized the difference between metric and English mesurements. Some really big bag guys appeared from a ruined buildings some 5 meters away so two of is threw the grenades we had, not realizing that they were 20 meter radious blasts. The GM had fun spacing is out in real life to let us know how bad he had fragged ourselves.
    Last edited by InfoStorm; 11-28-2007 at 09:28 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast