Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

View Poll Results: What Age Range do you fit into?

Voters
286. You may not vote on this poll
  • 14 or Younger

2 0.70%
  • 15 - 20

23 8.04%
  • 21 - 26

58 20.28%
  • 27 - 32

63 22.03%
  • 33 - 38

62 21.68%
  • 39 - 44

49 17.13%
  • 45 - 50

23 8.04%
  • 51 - 56

5 1.75%
  • 57 - 62

0 0%
  • 63 - 68

1 0.35%
  • 69 or Older

0 0%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Age of Members

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Are you having a Senior Moment?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by PhishStyx View Post
    If members dislike the idea of this thread, then they should feel free to use the report button at the top of my initial post to complain about it.
    The thread has not broken any rules, why would I report it?

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Arcanist
    If they don't like the thread then don't read it or respond to it. I know, its a revolutionary idea in America today. This philosophy also works on radio, TV, and literature. Pioneers in this field of study have even invented a system of labels to aid people in the decision making process.
    I never said anyone had to respond, the sarcasm is just insulting.

Another revolutionary idea is to contribute to threads instead of posting random gibberish to get a higher post count, but some mods don't get that.

I thought the meaning of my post was clear, but apparently not. Perhaps my attempt at humor confused some, because they have an irrational fear of ninjas. What I was saying is, most people that would respond have already put this information out there. Those that don't have it in their profile, probably will not respond. To get good information we would do something along the lines of Moritz's idea.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rabkala View Post
    The thread has not broken any rules, why would I report it?
    You seemed to dislike the thread. I was simply offering you the opportunity to say so in the forum's official manner.

Downloads
    Uploads
    While I don't see any great merit in the thread, I neither like nor dislike it. It might get better.

What I don't like: Mayonnaise, cancer, heart disease, diabetes, the smell of rotten eggs, the sound of finger nails on a chalkboard, the feel of old dry newspaper, the color purple (the color, not the movie), rule without representation, war, the sight of a child crying, people who let a little power go to their head, and those who think they are superior for no good reason. There are a few other things, but for the sake of brevity I have omitted them. For a more complete listing, feel free to PM me.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah, you don't know how happy I am to see that I'm not the only old fart on here.

Thank you to whomever ponied up the vote for the fogies!! WOOT!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am 44.
    I tell my children all the time, I know why old male bears eat there young.
    I don't look back at the "good" old days much. There were good days and bad days just like now.
    No blood pressue pills, but I should get that checked.
    Vision is still good, hearing was never that good and I have been a smart ass my whole life, so no great changes there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Physically I hit 40 this year, but mentally I'm still about 23-years-old.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So far 60% or more people responding at 33 or older (I am, WHERE'S MY WALKER!).

Remember the joy if being an old gamer is the right to day, "I've been playing the game for 30 years, give or take a year." Ammusing to see reactions when that number is greater than the age of some players.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm in the most popular range...

33, at least I haven't racked up any age penalties yet; although I'm ready for that Int increase, maybe I'll get paid more...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Malruhn View Post
    Well, thus far I'm the old man of the crew. Not that I'm surprised.

What were we talking about again?
    I think some other old men have joined you! We have to get our sleep you know and we're much slower to respond to things as well!

Oh yeah and as far as blood presure pills are concerned, my doctor kept resisting putting me on the pills, even though I told him my parents both had high blood presure. Kept telling me, cut out salt, which I finally got across to him that I was eating 50% or less of the daily requirement.

Then he wanted me to loose weight, so I dropped weight to the weight he wanted me to be at. Guess what my blood pressure still wouldn't go down. So he finally put me on the pills, and ama-za-zing, my blood pressure went down. Imagine, someone other than the doctor actually knowing what's good for them!
    Last edited by Skunkape; 12-06-2007 at 06:57 AM.
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Downloads
    Uploads
    We are having a good time talking about all of this, but I am afraid it brings us to a darker point. Most pen and paper rpg players are older. The new generation play computer games instead.

I remember when I started the whole thing was so great it was overhelming. I have tried to gently introduce my children to all of this, but there experience with video games has taken a bit of the wow factor away.

I think the demise of dragon magazine and dungeon magazine in hand held form points to the trend.
    Gaming has stopped being a home grown thing, and started to be a new system every 5 years to sell new books, but very little content to support those books once they arrive.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To add to what Dormcook noted;

I recently started up a new D&D game and my girlfriend has been inducted into the gaming fun. She and I normally play WoW together and she reported that D&D was fun, just really slow. Since she's used to running into an area and laying the smack-down on the monsters of WoW, she sees that it takes far longer to resolve conflict in D&D.
    "And then you wake up."

Downloads
    Uploads
    One of the new members to our group has made similar referrences to how online gaming is much faster. He's fairly recent to playing pen & paper style games, so I know where you're at with your girlfriend Moritz.
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool 30 Years of D&D

I'm 39 today and I have been playing D&D for around 30 years off and on. I tried WoW for a couple of months, but the luster wore off quickly and I was lucky to have been invited to play in a real D&D game locally. Cheers to the FOG's of D&D, and long live 3.5 Ruleset.
    Check for traps always. Move silently all the time and know when to run regardless of what the rest of the party is doing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Happy Birthday Xaels! You're way past the worst B-days. 25 and 30 are milstones for some reason. After that, it's all downhill as they say

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast