Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

View Poll Results: What Age Range do you fit into?

Voters
286. You may not vote on this poll
  • 14 or Younger

2 0.70%
  • 15 - 20

23 8.04%
  • 21 - 26

58 20.28%
  • 27 - 32

63 22.03%
  • 33 - 38

62 21.68%
  • 39 - 44

49 17.13%
  • 45 - 50

23 8.04%
  • 51 - 56

5 1.75%
  • 57 - 62

0 0%
  • 63 - 68

1 0.35%
  • 69 or Older

0 0%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Age of Members

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    im 36 years young. I game when i can. I always will.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by underdarkshark View Post
    im 36 years young. I game when i can. I always will.
    Good attitude to have! I figure even after I have lost my mind (although this may have already happened) and my body fails me, I will find enjoyment in the game.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A sign of a true gamer is that gaming is on their mind even when gaming is no longer an option. I hope to be so lucky when that times comes. I hope bearing that curse will be my honor

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be 42 in a few months. As I see the age ranges of the people who have responded, I now know why there are so many well informed people on this site. What a wealth of knowledge to learn from.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well well, a group that actually wants to grow up to be fatbeards. ^^ game on!
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you kidding me? Fatbeards teh rock

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    well well, a group that actually wants to grow up to be fatbeards. ^^ game on!
    What do you mean, "want to"? Here's a nickle kid, go buy a real game.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    We've seen your impressive beard tesral. I wonder what somebody wants to be once they grow up to successfully become a fatbeard?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fatbeard is a slang term meant to be an insult. I am surprised any would so willingly embrace it. While I may be a gamer, I am far from the stereotypical fat old loser nerd who lives in his parents basement.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hey, no offense to those honorable forebearers who've actually acheived fatbeard status. ^^ i would have a beard, but work makes me shave it off.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rabkala View Post
    Fatbeard is a slang term meant to be an insult. I am surprised any would so willingly embrace it. While I may be a gamer, I am far from the stereotypical fat old loser nerd who lives in his parents basement.
    You want to know something pretty funny, or at least I think it's funny, my parents live with me! They're in their 80s, so I moved them into my house. Course, since we live in Florida, I don't have a basement to stick them in but, it's still pretty funny!

Oh and I look more like a 30 year old biker than either a fat bear geek looser or even a fat biker! Course, I don't have tatoos, but I do own a Harley that I ride about 4 times a week!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Geek" used to be an insult too. The best way to blunt an insult is to own the term. So I'm a fatbeard. Yes, I have a beard, unrelated to gaming. Forced inactivity has left me on the rontude side. But I'm a homeowner, married (wife games too) Anything but the stereotypical "loser". Fatbeard, grognard, geek, they all fit. The geeks are running the world and the jocks are running the carwash.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just checked with google what "grognard" means to you guys... Funny how English speakers twist French words into new meanings
    Au gibet noir, manchot aimable, dansent, dansent les paladins
    Les maigres paladins du diable les squelettes de Saladins.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well said tesral. rabkala I was shocked to see you thought so low of fat beards. Being fat, having a beard, and/or living with your parents doesn't make you a loser. Being socially awkward, annoying to be around, never knowing when to shut up or when your embarrassing those around you because of your behavior... these are things stereotypically related to nerds in general. When these traits are present I am as "ewww go away" as the next guy. Generally though, most nerds do not fit this profile.

Thus ends my response to rabkala. The following is my opinion on Stereotypes. Stereotypes are dangerous in my opinion. When embraced as fact or acceptable ideology they are a contagious poison which spreads through ignorant masses resulting in foolish actions; unfounded fear and loathing are never acceptable but seem to be all too common these days. I wear my beard on a fat body proudly. I don't live with my parents but I have in the past. I don't think doing so made me a loser. People should be judged on who they are as a person, not how they appear to those who do not know them. The Holocaust was founded upon stereotypes.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by boulet View Post
    Just checked with google what "grognard" means to you guys... Funny how English speakers twist French words into new meanings
    that's all "english" is. words from other languages, frequently twisted into new meanings, grammatical uses, and conjugations and stuck together with spit, gum, bailing wire, duct tape, and hot glue. real english doesn't resemble anything like what the british, austrailians or americans speak. especially the americans. ^^

don't get me wrong. i like our language. it's flexibility and sheer breadth is a wonderful thing to play with. if rough to learn.

and i've been fat, have had a beard, have lived with both sets of parents (at different times, but not currently! yea!), and am still a pretty allright guy despite it all. fatbeard is losing it's negitive connotations rapidly. much like dork has. try looking up what that originally meant. ;p ^^ yesterdays insult is todays compliment. there's a book at the bookstore i work at that specifically explores that. it's shocking to see how many things that now mean 'cool' or 'acceptable' used to be dire, mortal insults. each generation thinks it's gonna be a rebel.
    Last edited by nijineko; 02-10-2008 at 01:32 AM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast