Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

View Poll Results: What Age Range do you fit into?

Voters
286. You may not vote on this poll
  • 14 or Younger

2 0.70%
  • 15 - 20

23 8.04%
  • 21 - 26

58 20.28%
  • 27 - 32

63 22.03%
  • 33 - 38

62 21.68%
  • 39 - 44

49 17.13%
  • 45 - 50

23 8.04%
  • 51 - 56

5 1.75%
  • 57 - 62

0 0%
  • 63 - 68

1 0.35%
  • 69 or Older

0 0%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Age of Members

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Congrats Mr. Greyshadow on making it to 39!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm 35 myself, and been playing since I was 16. Still love every minute of it!

On the WoW note, I've never played myself; I prefer pen and paper games over computer games. However, one of my friends dropped off the face of the earth for almost a year because he started playing WoW. It's practically addictive for some people. I imagine it has to do with the pacing and the stunning visuals those types of games have. I don't see the attraction myself. I much prefer interacting with my friends and using my imagination to "see" the action. Also, I don't have the patience to sit through a computer game. After 30 minutes, I start getting bored.

To be honest, though, if I had cut my teeth on computer games instead, I would probably have the opposite opinion. I tend to be fanatically loyal to my pastimes.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, forgot to note.

Originally, my gaming group went to Neverwinter Nights to get our gaming on, then many of us migrated to WoW. Kept the social thing going cause we played with people we knew. And then when I picked up this girlfriend, she watched us play and wanted to play also. She never video gamed, or even RPG'd. But it's fun to her and also doubles as fun boyfriend/girlfriend stuff to do, plus it's a cheap and entertaining date.

What else can you do all month as much as you like for 15 bucks a head? A single person going to a movie can easily spend 15 bucks for 2 hours of entertainment plus snacks.
    "And then you wake up."

Downloads
    Uploads
    hmmm table top players look like dinosaurs ! and so do I

Maybe the younger generation heard the siren song of MMORPG but personally I never got impressed by any digital RPG whatever the media. And I have no technophobia mind you

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rabkala View Post
    So if not everyone does divulge their age in the public profile, why do you think they will tell you in a poll?
    at least it's anonymous when in a poll thread... or is it ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    anonymous... maybe not. Right now there are probably government agents and right wing conservative groups tracking the movements of this subversive element known as 'gamers'. It is a plot to take over the world. Once they have found all the identities of gamers worldwide, they send e-bombs to them all. The coded messages work into your subconscious and soon they have an army of warriors like the world has never seen. The new age of darkness that follows will pave the way for Cuthulu's arrival...

Okay, maybe it is relatively anonymous.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to add that I am 26 and my wife is 22. We both left video gaming behind us over a year ago and have turned to pen and paper gaming for establishing real memories with real people.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I turn 30 this year, odd time for me on one hand I spend far too much time gaming on the other I spend too little
    Last edited by MortonStromgal; 01-19-2008 at 12:09 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oooo 30. It is all downhill from there. Soon throwing bones will have nothing to do with dice.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rabkala View Post
    Oooo 30. It is all downhill from there. Soon throwing bones will have nothing to do with dice.
    Too late, I already talk about the good old days of gaming where systems were crap and the forge didn't exist. We used blank paper for character sheets because copies were expensive and we needed to save our money for jolt.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MortonStromgal View Post
    Too late, I already talk about the good old days of gaming where systems were crap and the forge didn't exist. We used blank paper for character sheets because copies were expensive and we needed to save our money for jolt.
    And we liked it that way.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    The Dean of Old School
    The Olde Phoenix Inn
    Metro Detroit Linux Users Group

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't help but wonder what kind of "we liked it that way" changes are going to happen in the next 20 years. What right now is going to be awesome and nostalgic twenty years from now. I hope it isn't the internet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulsiphix View Post
    Just wanted to add that I am 26 and my wife is 22. We both left video gaming behind us over a year ago and have turned to pen and paper gaming for establishing real memories with real people.
    I did that a few years ago. In less than half the time I would spend gaming I can now whip up an adventure for a good weekend session. I go out side a lot more too...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seriously! Ever since I stopped playing MMO's, RPG's, and FPS's I find I travel outdoors a great deal more. Before I put video games aside my wife was lucky to get me out of the house more than two or three times a week. Working at home has its perks but such addiction can turn even the most outgoing into agoraphobic hermits

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm 26 right now.....age really don't matter with the game...unless the mentality isn't there.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast