Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Fireborn anyone?

Downloads
    Uploads

Fireborn anyone?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hey there guys, has anyone ever played the Fireborn system by Fantasy Flight Games? They're discontinuing it and thus I was able to pick up a copy on the cheap. I'm usually a d20 player, but I was really grabbed by the premise of this game, so I decided to check it out. Now, I'm totally jazzed about it.

For those of you who don't know about it, it's half dark future and half fantasy. (thus I really debated with myself on where to post this... hehe) It's like World of Darkness meets Forgotten Realms. You run two concurrent game settings: one is modern London where magic has just come back to the world and freaky supernatural creatures are wreaking some havoc (including the PCs), the other setting is the mythic age before our time where players are huge dragons interacting with people and places such as Atlantis. The two are tied together by the fact that your modern PC is the reincarnation of your dragon... stuck in the unknowing body of a human and having flashbacks to his mythic past. So, part of the gag is that the PCs must learn about what they really are and take on the supernatural baddies invading London.

Now, I'm making my players play this. And I really want to know if anyone else out there has played or run this game and how it went. Specifically, the dynamic d6 dice system made for Fireborn, on first read, is confusing (perhaps that is just 'cause it's so different from what I'm used to), but I'd like to know the thoughts of those who have played. Anyone?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately, I've never played it though I'd kind of like to. The dual setting seems an odd thing for a game. The group playing would need to be extremely practiced and together (almost like a professional theatre company, imo).

Conan McKegg on rpg.net is a big Fireborn fan.