Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Danged elemental clerics prestige classes...

Downloads
    Uploads

Danged elemental clerics prestige classes...

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Here is my problem: I am downright convinced that many years ago a friend showed me some copy of Dragon Magazine that featured what I assume to be prestige classes for elemental clerics (I think even with the unimaginative names of "Cleric of Fire" etc...). I am unable, however, using several resources to even find a mention that these prestiges classes or class variants were published in Dragon Magazine.

I really only want them because of my burning curiosity. If I remember right, the classes were unremarkable. Then again, I'm not much of a prestige class person and it was some time ago. I wouldn't put them in any issue published after 2004, but I have no idea how far back they can go from there.

Am I losing my mind, or are my Google skills just failing me? The most likely candidate is in issue #314, but judging from the class names I don't think that's what I'm looking for.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was unable to call up anything with google either. The only things that even sounds familiar is dark sun elemental clerics. I don't remember them having prestige classes though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After doing more digging, I have one lead that I think may actually be the answer to my problem. The Flame Steward in #283 looks familiar to me, and looking at it gives me vague flashbacks of wanting to modify it for other elements. Also, I can easily see how I'd simply dub it "cleric of fire."

So I may be able to close this case unless anybody's heard of proper elemental cleric classes. I think I was shown the article in question around the same time I was shown an article about gensai. *shrug*

Downloads
    Uploads
    Genasi are in 293, so maybe that's your article.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aren't there also Elemental Savants that use divine magic? Can't place it...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Go get the Planar Handbook and look at the cleric class and they give new powers for elemental clerics.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Could it have been a class variant from the class acts section?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well there is the Wu Jen class as a base class and the Elemental Master and Elemental Savant prestige classes, are in the Draconomicon and Complete Arcane books respectively.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, given the lack of anybody having anything that rings that bell with me (whatever it was, I know was in Dragon), I'm pretty sure the Flame Steward was what I was thinking of. Much more entertaining class than I remember, actually...

Anyway, I never knew there were so many elemental-type cleric prestige classes and whatnot out there. Not what I was looking for, but a cool find all the same.