Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post-Apocalypse on the East Coast

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Arcanist View Post
    Apparently punctuation has yet to make it to Florida schools.
    Why do you think we had such a problem voting?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape View Post
    Quite a bit depends on what the apocalypse was...

If it was due to a meteor hitting the center of the Pacific, most of the land of Florida would be there, but the tidal wave that hit after the impact has been theorized at pretty much erasing everything else, including all of the vegetation from coast to coast. We don't have high enough land to stop it at any point as it travels across the state.
    Did you mean Atlantic? The tidal wave resulting from a meteor impact in the center of the Pacific would not wash over the Sierras leaving the center of the country relatively safe as well as the Eastern Seaboard. A meteor on the size that would create such a tidal wave to wash over the country would be on the scale needed to wipe out all life on the planet. Within 6 months all vegetation would be dead as well as the onslaught of an early ice age.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you mean Atlantic? The tidal wave resulting from a meteor impact in the center of the Pacific would not wash over the Sierras leaving the center of the country relatively safe as well as the Eastern Seaboard. A meteor on the size that would create such a tidal wave to wash over the country would be on the scale needed to wipe out all life on the planet. Within 6 months all vegetation would be dead as well as the onslaught of an early ice age.

but its fiction as such physics is ignored.. he dreams therefore he is

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fiction does not equal fantasy!!!!!!!......especially when you are playing in a realistic setting like America.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you mean Atlantic?
    It seemed a mistype to me also.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by PhishStyx View Post
    It seemed a mistype to me also.

Pssfff, Atlantic/Pacific, what's the difference!

Yes, I meant the Atlantic, since I wrote that what 2 weeks ago, I have no idea why I even put Pacific in there! Must have been thinking about tsunamis or something along those lines, but I did mean Atlantic!

At least when Yellowstone goes, we have somewhat of a chance of surviving in Florida, like a .00001 %, but it's better than nothing!

As I write this, I'm still trying to think why I put Pacific in there, but nothing comes to mind!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Downloads
    Uploads

Pssfff, Atlantic/Pacific, what's the difference!

Yes, I meant the Atlantic, since I wrote that what 2 weeks ago, I have no idea why I even put Pacific in there! Must have been thinking about tsunamis or something along those lines, but I did mean Atlantic!

At least when Yellowstone goes, we have somewhat of a chance of surviving in Florida, like a .00001 %, but it's better than nothing!

As I write this, I'm still trying to think why I put Pacific in there, but nothing comes to mind!
    Being a gator fan kills brain cells take [1d20] Intelligence damage

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For some inspiration on other ways to end the world, consider watching "Mega Disasters" on the History channel. They're always presenting dooms day scenarios like massive tidal waves, earth quakes, ice ages, or even just plain ole' running out of oil.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The last one is most probable and to me at least the most frightening. Imagine Dark Angel but instead of no records, think no plastics, fuels, industrial lubricants, commercial lubricants, solvents, and other non-gas related things we take for granted. It will be like be thrown back to the dark ages again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The last one is most probable and to me at least the most frightening. Imagine Dark Angel but instead of no records, think no plastics, fuels, industrial lubricants, commercial lubricants, solvents, and other non-gas related things we take for granted. It will be like be thrown back to the dark ages again.

I think once oil becomes sooo expensive as it dwindles away we will find alternatives i mean lets look....

plastics- every day people are discovering polymers that are completely synthetic im sure that eventually scientists will eb able to develop a plastic alternative....

fuels- considering the current prices of fuel its already evident some of the future ideas e-85 ethanol, biodiesel, grease diesel engines... etc

industrial lubricants- similar to plastics synthetic lubricants are being brought abotu in laboratories and once the need is present im certain scientists will devlop and manufacture them...

commercial lubricants- same as above

solvents- this will be one of the areas that would take time as solvents are a tough and tricky thing to just manufacture or produce through synthesis...

but over all i believe that when the world runs out of oil society will crumble but then come back up as there will be a need for technology and history shows that when there is a need humanity finds a way

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately no one is looking for alternatives for petroleum fuels. Although E-85 is a great idea in my opinion, it is not feasible due to the demand and the amount of corn/soy needed to meet it.

Most of the "synthetic" polymers you speak of are sooooo expensive and many of the companies researching them are actually dropping the research because its no longer feasible.

Alas, we spend so much money on futile police actions, bureaucracy, and welfare of all sorts. We should be focusing on preventive medicine, HomeLan security, and education.

When I rule the world I will set things right...believe you me!!!!!!

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.....

Phish, Jazz, and I were discussing more apocalyptic causes. I came up with ancient diseases released while clear-cutting the Amazon, laboratory diseases that affect the DNA of different groups of people (the victims might become monsters for your PC's), changes in the dynamic of our planet like magnetic fields flipping, atmospheric changes brought on naturally, and changes in the radiation of our sun. I also added having current bad guys loosing control of their super-weapons and causing catastrophic changes in the Earth's crust, oceans, and air. Apparently Star Trek had an episode about this and I thought I came up with the idea all on my own.

The rest are from the X-files, Outer Limits, and the Twilight Zone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I forgot to mention the new X Prize competition slated to go in the next year. If anything will save us the X Prize will....

Downloads
    Uploads
    introduce a virus if something is goin to kill off the majority of the population ag virus is it it mutates to any attempts at cures or inoculations and you can make it do whatever you want cuz its a big bad virus..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsuphilosophy09 View Post
    Being a gator fan kills brain cells take [1d20] Intelligence damage
    Being a Seminole fan must have a similar effect! I'm a Hurricane fan!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Downloads
    Uploads
    Being a Seminole fan must have a similar effect! I'm a Hurricane fan!
    o lawdy being a hurricane fan is the worst!!! it deals [1d20+10] intelligence damage j.k all friendly jest here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast