Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My campaighn world

Downloads
    Uploads

My campaighn world

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    the world i created for my players is the world of Immerfrost currently in its third ice age. ancient ruins and frozen keeps scatter the land. They've already explored a dwarven ruin. any suggestions?
    Last edited by Vulture; 11-02-2007 at 05:17 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have the book Frostburn? It's got lot of interesting ideas and rules for playing in cold places.

Downloads
    Uploads
    no but i do have the issue of Dungeon (or is it Dragon?) that hase the "Feinds Embrace" adventure in it and i am using some ideas i got from reading that adventure and i will probaly modify it to fit in my campaign setting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I suggest that your storyline should focus on the characters' survival needs.

A wizard who can create fire would be an incredible asset for example. An encounter with a community whose fire wizard has been kidnapped by another community (or maybe bandits) would be worthwhile way to spend a game session or two.

Come to think of it, you could convert just about ANY Wild West movie plot (see: Eastwood, Clint for a list thereof) to work in your setting.

Although I don't know anything about your setting beyond it being cold, I would suggest you take a look at George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series for some inspiration. What I'm thinking of is the legends that persist throughout the books concerning the evil creatures, spirits, and such beyond the Northern Wall.

From the Wikipedia pageThe second storyline is set on the extreme northern border of Westeros. Here, eight thousand years ago, a huge wall of ice and gravel was constructed by both magic and labor to defend Westeros from the threat of 'The Others', a semi-mythical race of ice creatures living in the uttermost north. The 300-mile-long, 700-foot-tall Wall is defended by the Sworn Brotherhood of the Night's Watch, which by the time of the novels is badly under-strength and threatened by the human 'wildlings' or 'free folk' who live to the north. This storyline follows Jon Snow, bastard son of Lord Eddard Stark, as he rises through the ranks of the Watch and learns the true nature of the threat from the north. By the end of the third volume, this storyline has become entangled with the civil war to the south as well.
    Just a thought.

Downloads
    Uploads
    right nowi have my players chasing the trail of a white dragon who is attempting to take over the land and prevent the ice age from ending

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would recommend picking up Frostburn. Its got everything in there you need. Plus its just a good solid book to add to any collection.

Heres something I did to my PC's that worked really well. This takes place in a snow field during the day (clear skies). As the PC's are traveling have them make the standard checks vs cold weather. After a few checks the PC's come to an area where some goblins (or some other more appropriate marauding race) have dug trenches with boards slid over the top and snow placed on top (the PC's can make checks to see when they get between 60-75 ft) there should be about 3-5 holes each big enough for 2 goblins.

One goblin will reflect the suns light off of mirrors (and the snow) while the others all charge in and attack the disoriented players. There should be a shaman (adept) a level or two above the others who provides healing and is just straight up annoying to the PC's. If any of the goblins fall the ones with the mirrors will start firing there bows. If the shaman falls the others flee as best they can.
    They told me I was supposed to write something REALLY nifty right here

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does the white dragon have minions?

How is he trying to prevent the Ice Age from ending?

Is it up to the PC's to end the Ice Age or is it coming to an end anyway?

Is the Ice Age natural or the result of some kind of magic?
    They told me I was supposed to write something REALLY nifty right here

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm going to second WPharolin's vote - go blow the money on Frostburn. They're running $11.14 to include shipping on Amazon.com.

There is so much info in there right now that you are missing out, I really strongly recommend getting it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    the ice age is natural, but it is being prolonged through the use of magic, the white dragons minions are mostly ors, goblins, kobolds, and minotaurs, though the dragon is not above bribing others to do its bidding. the players will travel all over Immerfrost in search of the Dragon (after they discovers the dragons plans that is).

Vulture the Great

Downloads
    Uploads

ideas

have you thrown in a snow storm or avalanche? (if they are near mountains).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you thought of the PCs allying with a metallic dragon (from a warmer continent/area) that wants the ice age to end and stop the White dragon? The dragon may have its own minions and a score of metallic dragon shamans that are willing to help out.

Also evil white dragon shamans might be a good NPC for you.

*hehe* This sounds a little similar to Revenge of the Dragon...
    Last edited by Anaesthesia; 12-22-2007 at 01:42 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have thought of making a metallic dragon nemesis for the white dragon so far the players have an ally in the form of a giant barbarian named Bjorn Thunderhand

Vulture the Great

Downloads
    Uploads

the current advanture

the current adventure that my players are going through has the exploring the ancient tomb of a forgotten vampire lord, the tomp is filled with the minions of the white dragon who are using it as a base of operations to pillage the village of Guardsdale, though the deep into the tomb they go the more undead they will come across.

Vulture the Great

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulture View Post
    the current adventure that my players are going through has the exploring the ancient tomb of a forgotten vampire lord, the tomp is filled with the minions of the white dragon who are using it as a base of operations to pillage the village of Guardsdale, though the deep into the tomb they go the more undead they will come across.
    So is the Vampire still extant?

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    The Dean of Old School
    The Olde Phoenix Inn
    Metro Detroit Linux Users Group

Downloads
    Uploads
    yes and no, his body died along time ago but his soul/spirit haunts his cursed sword which is hidden in the tomb.

Vulture the Great

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast