Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Seryl casts Barkskin on herself and readies her dagger.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mursharr runs quickly to the voices he heard and with a glance, is pleased that he made the right decision. As he gets near the gathering of voices, those in the area (presumably at least), take notice of the stranger coming in from the fields. Realizing that these individuals might think he is an enemy, Mursharr holds up his left hand with the palm open. A quick glance tells few details about this individual; however, he is on the shorter side - just over 4 1/2 feet tall - but not really built like a dwarf would be. As he moves, his dark forest green cloak moves aside enough to note the studded leathers beneath it, but the cowl remains drawn forward, hiding his face. And even his hands, the right one of which currently holds a shortbow, but no arrow, are covered in tight gloves.

"No hurt, Mursharr friend," he says. His voice is decidedly masculine, but still rather soft. "More, goblins and hobs behind Mursharr," he warns everyone, before turning himself to face the direction he came, his shortbow raising up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The soldiers spin on there heels, caught off guard by the sudden appearance of the straange and short man.

"There are Goblins and Hobs behind you? how do you know?" one of the men in a white Tabard with a green stags head on the chest.

"Listen, I can hear them now.....the...that guy is right. there behind him. Ready the arrows. Spearmen and lancers take front sheild the bowmen."

"you stranger, seems you have little choice, stand with us or die."

OOC: the Goblins will be in the clearing where Your at on the next round, you still have 50 ft. to go to reach the line of militia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Concentration check: 21=1d20+6

But really, can someone that's more adept at fighting get in front of me?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sparkle you easily manage to ignore the pain, and the rat swarms remain on the material plane.

(We just waiting for Barravas to continue.)

Downloads
    Uploads
    OOC: A small request: can we get a quick sketch of where everyone is at this point during the turn summary? It wouldn't have to be every turn summary, but I'm having a difficult time keeping track of everyone's distance/orientation from everyone else.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No Problem.

Terrain= The City with the ten foot walls is one half mile behind the hastily assembled army. the ground it self is slopeing down for that half mile. the army is assembled on a small peice of flat land, the flat area is 1/4 a mile wide and 800 ft. deep. the army is assembled at the base of the hill at around the 750ft. deep mark.

the army is in wing formation, which looks like a C. the center is of course in the center. The southern flank which is mainly composed of professional soldiers, and town Guard. the Northern Flank, (the One Mursharr has just encountered.) Is composed of a few mounted warriors, Town Guards, and the Militia.

the Wings each hold roughly 125 warriors. the center holds about 100 people. The center holds the command retinue, and of course the rest of the companions.

As the battle begins, the companions battle the goblins and worgs, the battle rages around the companions as well, as the center battles the many goblins that accompanied the ones fighting the companions.

The companions are fighting within 15ft. of each other, and in a triangle formation, ( > ) Seryl is in the top corner, Barravas stepped out to face the first worg, in the center, And Sparkle is in the bottom corner. the Rat swarms are out front battling the now long goblin. Barravas is battling his worg(1) and Seryl is preparing to battle Worg(2) which is 40ft. in front of her. the last goblin (Javalin armed) is 25ft. in front of each Sparkle.

The Northern flank by Mursharr is now spearmen, and lancers forming a three man deep wall of mail and spears. the archers and crossbowmen are behind them with there ranged weapons ready. Mursharr is 50ft. in front of them, at the edge of the forest which rings the flat area.

Beyond the flat area, are thick woods. the woods are much thinner the further out one goes. the Forest is on very hilly, if one looks hard you can see the shapes of hundereds of goblinoids and larger shapes moving through the thinner woods.

( I hope this helps, I am trying to find out how to post a picture on the post. I have great pictures but need to post them. )

We are waiting for Barravas's actions. before we continue

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wandering Bard View Post
    The Northern flank by Mursharr is now spearmen, and lancers forming a three man deep wall of mail and spears. the archers and crossbowmen are behind them with there ranged weapons ready. Mursharr is 50ft. in front of them, at the edge of the forest which rings the flat area.

( I hope this helps, I am trying to find out how to post a picture on the post. I have great pictures but need to post them. )
    ((OOC: If you sign up for a website like photobucket or webshots, you can upload your pics to their server, and then click the "Insert Image" button above where you type replies and put in the URL to the image.))

So, the three man deep wall of mail and spears before Mursharr would be a wall about what, 15 feet deep, 6 feet high? And how wide?

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

Barravas smiles as the worg screams and takes a 5 foot step twards the beast swinging his great axe with what appears to be glee in his eyes (1D20+5=23) Dmg(1D12+6=16)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Barravas's swing slams into the Lupine Creature nearly cleaving the beast in half.

Mursharr the formation would be 25 men wide or roughly 100ft. wide. there are three rows each with 25 men the archers and Crossbowmen are behind them on a slight rise at the base of the hill.

Downloads
    Uploads
    sparkle=22
    Barravas=18
    Worg1=17
    goblin8=13
    goblin3=7
    Seryl=5
    worg2=5

With the final axe swing the Worg(1) goes down in a heap.

As the battle continues the goblin(8) with the morning start continues battling the rat swarm.

Attack 1d20+1=13
    Damage 1d8+1=4

With a squeek several more of the tiny vermin die. behind the embattled goblin with the morningstar, the goblin armed with the Javalin readies his second javalin for another throw at the bard.

attack 1d20+3=13

the poorly crafted weapon, barely more than a sharpened stick soars past the diminuative bard.

with an evil gleen in its eye the last worg(2) charges in to battle the cleric of Ehloona.

attack 1d20+6=17

with a howl of frustration the worg backs off 5ft. and paces looking for an opening in the clerics strenghtened defenses.

(Well looks like every one made it out of this round free of damage, Seryl that was a smart choice with the barkskin, it was just enough to prevent damage from the worg.)
    Last edited by The Wandering Bard; 11-05-2007 at 05:42 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Barravas Observes his surroundings in a glance to asertain the threat level and sees the second Worg, Shouting a war charge to let the cleric know the worg is coming (both free actions) then if not threatened he will attack Worg2
    (1d20+9
    9+9 = 18 Attk) (Dmg 1d12+6
    3+6 = 9)

OOPS:Sorry I thought I was before sparkle this happenes after whatever Sparkle does on his turn
    Last edited by headeast76; 11-05-2007 at 06:19 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OOC: headeast, don't worry about it. That chart at the top was last turns init. roll so that every one could see the turn order for the rest of that combat sequence. the next turn is starting now.

TURN 3

Seryl=14
    Goblin3=10
    Barravas=9
    Worg2=7
    Sparkle=6

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK before i join the fray i would like to make some prior moves to set my character up i would like to sleight of hand my six daggers prior to entering the whole mess {OOC}(should i roll that seeing as to how i would have done this well in advanced {im always ready to go hehhe}) i have 2 daggers hidden in my sleeves, 1 in each boot and the last two are hidden in my waist band behind my back....

I take my first combat action and move 5 feet just around Seryl so i dont give any possiblity of my dagger impacting friendlies, I shout loudly "I am here to help introductions can occur later!!!" I immediately sleight my sleeve daggers (i rolled an 11 on my d20 plus my 12 attribute points makes it 23) i immediately toss the first dagger right at the worg about to attack Seryl.....

attack roll i rolled 18 +4 {OOC}(dex as i am using a light weapon and i have weapon finesse) +2 my base attack bonus that makes 24 do i hit? if so please roll my damage Wandering... {OOC}(if anything is wrong in this post im sure you will fix it Wandering)

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Northern flank by Mursharr is now spearmen, and lancers forming a three man deep wall of mail and spears. Mursharr is 50ft. in front of them, at the edge of the forest which rings the flat area.
    the next turn is starting now.
    ((OOC: Ok, here we go. Let's see if this pays off.))

Mursharr realizes how far away he is from the infantry, and how it's not a place for him. So, he turns away from the advancing hobs and gobs and runs toward the Northern Flank, ignoring the wide eyes he likely receives from a few of them. When he is about 3/4 of the way to them, he launches himself into the air, leaping over the ranks of soldiers to get to the relative safety behind them.

((Now, let's see if that worked before I go too far. Jump check: (d20=14) + 20 = 34))

Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast