Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 82 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1217

Thread: Game Thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Emmitsburg
    Posts
    796
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Game Thread

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Alright every one, I hope you enjoy. Parts of this adventure will be sections from the book I am writting at the moment, I hope you enjoy.


    {CHAPTER 1}

    The sounds of the drums blasted towards the hastily assembled soldier, spread out into the sections The left flank consisted of most of the Town guard, and local militia, and supported by the lightly armored lances, and archers that were hired by the constable. The Center flank, was made up of the soldiers for hire, from the assortment of troops stood a large banner, with a field of stars, and a large golden dragon emblazed upon it, the command retinue standing at the center of the mass. The right flank was composed of soldiers clad in an array of armors, all carrying a spear, and a smaller weapon, most of the men carried swords, a few had axes, or maces. Some of the soldiers comprised of other races besides humans carried weapons they had learned to use in their childhood.
    “We should be having da farmers fighten closer to da center ranks, they be vulnerable holding the left flank. Not a wise choice.” Grumbled a voice that held the likeness of rocks grading down a mountain side.
    “Nay good Dwarf, they are best place to the left, scouts report that the horde is filling in from the right, you know as well as I that the more of the militia and guard, as well as the farmers we can keep alive the better our pay shall be in the end.” A melodious voice responded, its sing-song like quality muffled by the helmet the man wore, its likeness of a eagle, or as he had told the others brave enough to ask, like the crown of a phoenix a bird seen rarely, but was the basis for many a legend.
    “Aye guess you be having a point thar. Be that why the others choose you as the captain, not heard o’ many companies with a command, most mercs, me heard of travel alone or in small companies and follow who ever be paying.”
    “Maybe, I prefer to think its because I have the experience. But no need to argue, I think we have survived trials that would have broke most companies because of our structure.”
    The Conversation was broken by a sharp voice, A man in forest colors, holding a Long bow made of Yew wood raises his hand in a gesture of respect to the two.
    “Captain, scouts report that the horde will be entering the valley soon, the estimates on numbers are overwhelming, Hundreds sir, It might be best to pull out now, say those we can.”
    “Nay Gaylin, we stay and fight, If we need to we can pull out, we have the village ready to move, and we have had a few days to prepare for this. We are outnumbered but we have the element of surprise, we shall see what happens.” The tall slender man replied looking at the ranger through his silver and gold helmet.
    “We can take da bastards, dem green skinned sons of rock moss, be tasting their own blood this day.” With a roar the dwarf raises his axe in the air, its glittering blade catching the light. The roar was taken up by nearly all of the troops that we on the field.
    “Ha, see it looks like the spirits are high, you were right Vordin, drinking a toast and enjoying the village, did much to raise the moral, I owe you that.”
    “Aye, no thanks needed Captain, you be knowing I just be wanting the party for meself that be all, da others was just in the area.” The dwarf blushed in the praise, never taking compliments easily.
    THUNK. Arrow slammed into the ground feet in front of the group, another quickly followed.
    “They be here, sound da horn.” The gruff dwarf screamed, humor gone from his voice in an instant a look of joy, and anticipation on his bearded face.
    The horns blasted calling the troops into formation at the base of the hills, where the army had chosen to make its stand. The flanks of troops filed in, spears were readied and bows strung and fitted. The sound of the drums in the distance growing louder with each passing moment. A noise that sounded like the gargling of a waterfall, soon accompanied the drum beat. It took those listening a few moments to realize that it was singing. The voices of what sounded like thousands of people singing, but in a language that only a few understood.
    The armor man looked down to the dwarf at his side, once again marveling at the dwarfs strength. The dwarf was fitted in stone armor, it must have weighted an incredible amount but the man didn’t show any sign of exertion. The armor looked like granite, black streaked with gray and silver lines, its plates locked together by thick metal rings. The helmet was carved from the same material. It in itself weighed he guessed twenty pounds. The dwarf carried a large metal shield pained to look like the armor, and a sparkling battle axe, that as the Captain watched its head started to glow like a fire, its metal blade shining and than glowing fiery orange.
    “Yep dem be goblins and the like, Meself would guess by da looks to be about a thousand strong.”
    “can you understand this dialect? What are they saying?” asked the man in the silver armor.
    “To the towns we go, heads gonna roll, Me axes bite, swim in blood tonight, we feast and play dem burn in da flame, to the towns we go tonight.” An eerie silence followed the dwarfs revelation “there singing, my guess be to keep a marching pace” In the distance the light of thousands of torches being lit, caused the horizon to seem as though the sky was ablaze.

    The Man in the elegant Armor looks over the Assembled party there are ten people of various races gathered around the Commander.

    I am Ves Commander of this assembly. I have been hired by the town to aid in the defense and protection of Netherdir. You have meet my second in command. Eurbreck, and I assure you that he is one of the best fighters here. Ah I see we have more Dwarves amoung our ranks greetings to you gentlemen. To my right are the towns leaders Liam and Casine. Liam is the head merchant, he has earned his many scars in battles along the trade routes. He will and Casine will be leading the towns militia and Guard. Casine is the Guard Captain he once served various military expeditions and is well versed in the arts of war.

    Nathian is the man you see behind me, Though he is young he is one of the most experianced wizards in the ranks, he also is in charge of the arcane defenses. He is a Warmage his companion is Indihar one of the only leopards in the area I know personally that few things are as stealthy as that cat.

    Kadion Bain (suprise ) is our local bard, he has not been here long having recently joined us from Summerset Isle. He will be standing guard with us over the standards and assisting us where aid is needed. I doubt you will meet him here but where ever the bard goes, his ferret goes. Spherius is trouble incarnate, but good for a laugh.

    Aesar is a cleric of Illion, He is readying the hospital but he should arrive soon, you can't miss him. unlike many priests I know Aesar love combat, his twin hammers dowl out his Gods wrath.

    There are two others who have found there way here but we have them else where, we think them to young for this. Ibn and Emphe'i both are orphans that found their way to Kadion. They have traveled together for a while. Ibn is a cutpurse turning his talents else where know, and Emphe'i or Imp as we call her....well she has magical powers, Nathian has been working with her buthe can't understand her powers, Kadions powers are closer to her own.

    I ask you to stand with me and protect the center line. The Goblinoids will strike the hardest here. If they press to hard we will fall back. our job is to hold the hordes back until the town can evacuate then we fall back.

    Take a moment to get to know each other as you will soon be fighting for your live and the lives of those around you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    north bend
    Posts
    198
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Hello fellow companions my name is Barravas Whistlethorn And as you can see i'm a dwarven warrior willing to bring the fight to whom so ever cares to engage my fury......

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax
    Age
    34
    Posts
    605
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Seryl, standing to the left of Barravas, looks as though she feels obligated to introduce herself next, though her forced introduction betrays a more taciturn temperament. Her gaze shifts from downward to looking out at the group around her as she introduces herself.

    Seryl: "Seryl Andar, a..."

    A small breeze catches a few strands of her bright orange hair and the sun peeks out from behind a cloud. This seems to relax and embolden her.

    Seryl: "A cleric of Ehlonna. Nice to meet all of you."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Stroudsburg
    Age
    30
    Posts
    903
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    "Nice to meet both of you, I am Ellyjobelle Woodsoul or more commonly known as Sparkle,one of the many bards and explorers from good Gnome Queen Azmara's court."

    OOC:I had a question on this:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wandering Bard View Post
    Aesar is a cleric of Illion
    Is there somewhere I can find something on this Illion? I can't find anything on WOTC (or on Wiki) on Illion--or am I missing something?
    Last edited by Anaesthesia; 10-27-2007 at 07:57 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Emmitsburg
    Posts
    796
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    ha, good question. As I am writting the novel and I don't have permission to use WOTC gods I have created a few gods of my own. Illion is Helm the Watcher from Forgotten Realms. Illion is the God of Protection and defense. he watches over the mortals and guards Therivar or the Portal to the Plains of the Gods
    Last edited by The Wandering Bard; 10-28-2007 at 01:14 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Stroudsburg
    Age
    30
    Posts
    903
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wandering Bard View Post
    ha, good question. As I am writting the novel and I don't have permission to use WOTC gods I have created a few gods of my own. Illion is Helm the Watcher from Forgotten Realms. Illion is the God of Protection and defense. he watches over the mortals and guards Therivar or the Portal to the Plains of the Gods
    Ok. I do recognize the name from somewhere. Moving on..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Emmitsburg
    Posts
    796
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The man in the shining armor nods as every one introduces themselves. Reaching up the man removes the helmet from his head and looks to the companions. Every one notes the mans pointed chin and pointed ears the moment the helmet clears the mans head. His emerald eyes glitter with a keen intelligence that would mirror the eyes of the hawk that his helmet resembled. Reaching up with a gauntleted hand the man strokes a the few strand of hair that had escaped from behind his ears, and brushes them back into place.

    “As I have said, I am Ves Mercenary Captain of this Blazoned Dragons. I have also been hired to lead this rag-tag assortment of people in a strategic defense of this town. I am sorry if my men were a little rough when they came to summon you here. We have had several attempt to flee. Not that I would blame them. I have heard the estimates of what we face and I know we cannot win. But we must hold until the town is cleared of those who cannot fight. The Draft I have put in place was for the good of every one in the area. I ask you know as a commander and as A Paladin of Illion (Helm for you Anaestesia ) will you stand with me or will you Flee into the night with the knowledge that you could have helped save the lives of others."

    "Ye'll be paid for each of dem moss brained troll lovers that ye kills" The dwarf beside the Elven Paladin says, mirth evident in his voice.
    Last edited by The Wandering Bard; 10-28-2007 at 06:52 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Emmitsburg
    Posts
    796
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    As the group talks, a large band or Wargs and Goblin riders appear riding hard towards the center line. as the group turns to face them arrows fly from the flanks killing several of the riders and the wargs.

    Initiative.
    Worg1=19
    goblin5=17
    Sparkle=16
    Seryl=16
    worg2=15
    goblin1=15
    goblin3=8
    Barravas=6
    Goblin8=4
    Last edited by The Wandering Bard; 10-29-2007 at 03:45 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Emmitsburg
    Posts
    796
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The wargs and goblins are 60ft away. from the center line.

    Warg1 moves 60ft. than attacks sparkle.

    Attack 1 misses.

    Goblin5 moves 40ft. towards Seryl

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax
    Age
    34
    Posts
    605
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Seryl readies her bow and fires at Goblin5, and then takes a 5-foot step backwards.

    (Attack bonus = 5, Damage = 1d8 + 1)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Stroudsburg
    Age
    30
    Posts
    903
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    DM-do I have pipes of sewers or of Haunting? I can't check my sheet until I get home. If I have either--I would like to use it. Or just do inspire courage.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    north bend
    Posts
    198
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Question ....

    Which Goblin5 are you shooting at? In the above info there is Goblin1,Goblin3 and two goblin5's ?
    Last edited by headeast76; 10-29-2007 at 03:20 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fairfax
    Age
    34
    Posts
    605
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by headeast76 View Post
    Which Goblin5 are you shooting at? In the above info there is Goblin1,Goblin3 and two goblin5's ?
    OOC: The one that's running at me! ("It's coming right for us!")

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Emmitsburg
    Posts
    796
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Ha, sorry my bad, I changed the number of the last goblin. Yes Seryl Go ahead and roll the attack with your modifier, and roll the damage. I will take your word on the rolls

    Also I got your message. All players will be responsible for their characters spells, and uses per day. I trust each of you so I should not have a problem.


    Sparkle has the Pipes of the sewers. She will need to roll a 1d3 to determine the number of swarms are summoned. or use a 1d6 and 1-2 are one swarm, 3-4 is two swarms, 5-6 are three swarms.

    Also you will need to roll a perform roll (DC 10) and continue playing as long as the swarms are summoned.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Emmitsburg
    Posts
    796
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mursharr would you be so kind as to roll a listen, and spot check please?

Page 1 of 82 123451151 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. D&D Nostalgia
    By Moritz in forum Dungeons & Dragons
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 10:55 PM
  2. Looking for Shadowrun 4e game to join in Seattle WA
    By ryanstone in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 06:32 PM
  3. [D&D] Save My Game: In Search of a Game
    By PnP News Bot in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2006, 11:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •