Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Your Favorite D&D Character - Page 6
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Your Favorite D&D Character

Downloads
    Uploads

Favorite character

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    My favorite character is a elven ranger as CN alignment

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let's see. I've had so many it's difficult to narrow them down...

My favorite NPC originated from an inability to get the players into a single party (A problem I'm sure we've all had). He never got a character sheet but he became infamous with forcing the party into unfortunate circumstances where they had little choice but to work together.

His name was "Gary" and he was the "Drunken Mage". If ever I had difficulty uniting the party, I would simply tell them that they awoke in the same room together and the last thing they remembered was an awnry drunk and a bright flash of light. Gary would always teleport the party to the same location when necessary.

This location would usually be in the middle of an Orc camp, a goblin infested dungeon, a corrupted empire's dungeon, a lich's tower, or even an evil dragon's lair. This forced the party into realizing that the only way to survive was to stick together and fight their way out.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It'll take me a bit to think of my favorite player character though...
    "You are as Gygax intended."
    -D20 Xanatos

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't really think of an NPC that has been my favorite, mainly because it has both been so long since I played, and yet too early for me to pick a new NPC for a fav. As for my own characters, my favorite would have to be Zane, my human Paladin.

Downloads
    Uploads

Fav Char

I had a quite a few Characters over the years, but of them my favorite was Manes, a Human Convict Gladiator (Neutral) in the Dark Sun campaign world.
    He thought he was a thief (well he was a thief but not the class thief) and had some thieving skills as per the character kit, but he was a terrible at it and would almost always get caught, which led to him having to fight, (un)fortunately he was a terrific fighter and would kill his enemies quickly, but that would result in legal troubles etc... he also was a compulsive gambler, which usually was why he was broke all the time and trying to steal.
    All in all his constant desperation and low charisma (7) mad him extremely fun to play as he was always trying to stay one step ahead of the law while bungling his way through armed robberies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My favorite character so far is Merloc, a tiefling psion. He was a pretty cool character with a well-fleshed-out backstory and everything, and I was very fond of him, but the reason he was my favorite is that I was ridiculously lucky with him. For some reason, I rolled an unbelievable number of crits while playing him. One night, in one particularly memorable battle, I actually rolled a total of 14 crits in under four hours, a fair number of them strung together in rows. There was even a time when I was forced by an enemy to roll twice and use the lower result, and I rolled two 20s in a row.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 2 favorite characters.

The first was a female noble elf female started out as an Archer and had a DM that bent the rules and let me duel class and become an Archer/Priestess. She worked the whole game on becoming the champion of Solonor Thelandira. Her name was Athyna Krystylis. Well towards the end of the game she was married and became Athyna Gryffindor. Her profile is still on Obsidian Portal.

The second is a character I am currently playing. She is a Drow elf Cavalier named Sabalice Arabund. She is a follower of Corellon Larethian and Henali Celanil. She was very difficult to run at first and it took me awhile to get a feel for the character, but now I love her over both of the other two I am playing now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hands down my favorite character is Brock (Brock of Mount Jarstool). He started as a barbarian, worked his way through fighter and ranger, started to get some ranks in heal (no magic to start in our world). Eventually when he hit level 12 my DM gave me the option to take a level in cleric and after that switch out whatever levels I wanted to for cleric. I switched all 11. After that point Brock stayed divine caster and eventually became the Head Priest of Pelor on the material plane. In the world our DM was running the material plane was cut off from the rest and the religions didn't exist. My character created Pelor's faith on the material plane from the ground up. He eventually got to level 27, mostly cleric a couple of home brew prestige classes having to do with some oaths he swore regarding fortitude and mercy. We played this game for a long time and he is by far my favorite. I have others that I have played and really enjoyed but none so much as Brock Head Priest of Pelor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had a number of favorites over the years, but some have stuck out over the long term.

Lavinia Daysinger was a 3rd edition D&D character arcane trickster. Although highly intelligent, she is wildly emotional, occasionally naive, and exerts very little control over her actions., but not necessarily all the time. Her intelligence makes her far more calculating than her child-like attitude lets on and she had enough dual knife-wielding skill combined with magical firepower and know-how to make her every bit as lethal as she doesn't appear to be. She was an absolute blast as a character.

Later, in 3.5 edition, I also made (more than once) a character by the name of Sai Ket, who was a noble elf born into extreme wealth with the heritage of the angels and celestial beings. Her morals are profoundly good and focused against evil and she often sees herself as a champion of the cause of good, using powerful magics to vanquish the armies of evil that prevade the world and wish to corrupt it. Her exact idea of what's good and evil tends to be whatever seems the most good thing to do at the time (she is chaotic good) and she takes great care to make sure the innocent come to no harm. On a personal level, however, she has no brain-mouth filter and her idea of good versus evil is sometimes just as profound as a rich white kid's idea of life on the streets, only much much worse. She has little actual empathy for those she feels are beneath her, which at best are anyone other than herself. She clearly sees herself as a superior individual. I suppose this could be another example of a racist elf, hating on anyone not an elf but she feels that racism implies intolerance - which is a trait she lacks.

A character idea I've only been able to use on the table once was during a one-shot pathfinder game with a character named "Bork", who admittedly is modeled a lot after a combination of minsc from baldurs' gate and the Tick, from the (very awesome) animated series. (If you don't know what that is, do yourself a favor and do a few youtube searches.) In the one game I used him in, he's a grapple-heavy barbarian that fights with his fists and occasionally a large tome. When he fights, he prefers to wrestle them down and, failing that, resorting to his "spells". He is a barbarian in terms of his character class. Nothing like a giant half-orc screaming SPOON! during a charge, ending with his 'magic missle' attack of a punch to the face.

Another favorite of mine is one I explicitly designed to be the opposite of sai ket - a drow that was a former slave that escaped to the surface after the house that owned her was destroyed. While she was always a priest (but not always a slave) of lolth, she found it to be her divine mission on the surface to do lolth's bidding, so she joined an adventurer's party based entirely around the lies she told them. (She disguised herself as a standard elf and lied about her origins). For most of the time she was with the party, she perfectly seemed as though to be a true corellon's champion of good (to whatever extent) until the final battles, when rough magical combat briefly revealed her a number of times. Behind the scenes, she's ruthless and just as evil as her kin is famed to be. By the end of the game, they may have caught glimpses of her actual body, but never once did they ever learn her real name, even after the final campaign session.

The most recent favorite of mine is Dameon Azraiel in the pathfinder campaign. He grew up in a small town with his twin brother. He's a fey-blooded sorcerer with a quagmire-level sex drive who decided to go adventuring purely to increase his sex appeal and also because his town ran out of new women and he didn't want to be around when the children were discovered to be his. He never wears a shirt and his theme song is "I'm bringing sexy back" by ricky martin (basically, the character's inspiration is heavily of duke devlin from Yu Gi Oh Abridged Series by Littlekuriboh).

I have had other favorites over the years, but these really stand out in my mind.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My favorite has to have been Kanan (yeah.. go figger eh? ;p). He was a 2nd edition drow ranger/mage who started out in a Ravenloft campaign and (we were teens and the evil/dark was kewl at the time) picked up several interesting cursed items (Sword of Arak was one, vampiric type dagger that granted damn near immortality the other.. flaking out on it's name) that we sorta eventually started ignoring the negative aspects of. At one point he was part of a party, but ended up leaving it (group mostly broke up) and doing a bunch of mostly solo adventures (traveling companions were NPCs) escaping Ravenloft once for a while. One thing the DM did that makes me cuss at him to this day is having an NPC that Kanan sorta took under his wing be the villain from a previous campaign at a younger stage in his career. During that particular campaign, we killed him at least 3 times.. I was getting so pissed about seeing him come back again. So when I finally twigged that this young thief I was "adopting" was Bonespur.. omg.. i was sooo laughingly pissed at him. I ended up getting so many toys, many fairly useless, especially to him (Staff of the Woodlands from some 1st ed module where kilt a nutso druid), but it was sorta fun. His death was annoying as hell. He got brought back, but played with a Deck of Many things and got alignment changed over to CE. I ran a short adventure (it was intended to be longer than the single night it ended up being) to redeem him and power him down from the 11/13 that he was at that point back to where he had been a lot of fun to run. I've only gotten to run him a time or two since. I still have like 3 or 4 versions of his character sheets in with the others I keep.

One that was fun to run, but I was sorta glad when he got kilt (I don't recall exactly how, but I did end up making a new character for that particular campaign) cuz he was a nasty lil booger. A NE elven rogue, he was one I did a pretty job getting into the head of and roleplaying well, but man.. I don't really like being an evil character and thinking like them... yeah.. i try to get into the role and didn't like him or me at points when I played him. The last time I'd used him, we killed some priests of St. Cuthbert bcs they'd pissed off the evil enchantress the rogue was working for. When he found out how petty the offense was, he bugged out.

Downloads
    Uploads

hiro darkblade

my favorite character is (of course) a 2nd edition ranger Drow
    made him back when i was really into Drizzt and stuff but still a fun guy to play
    heres the general character sheet (general start of campaign strength at his strongest he's like a level 15) he was part of my first campaign (an OP campaign in which the DM was extremely tough on everyone) i loved it
    Hiro Darkblade Drow Ranger
    spec. enemies: trolls, terrain: forrest
    STR: 18/66
    DEX: 20
    CON: 17
    INT: 15
    WIS: 16
    CHA: 13
    LV: 4 age: 116
    THAC0: 16 AC: 2
    chaotic good ranger of mieliki
    general equipment: elven chainmail -1 (self crafted years ago as an armature)
    greater pwifwafwi (enchanted to be able to exist above ground)
    2 long swords
    elven longbow
    proficiencies
    long sword (spec.)
    two-weapon fighting (imp.)
    bow
    n. weapon
    light fighting (reverse of blind fighting)
    animal training
    cooking
    direction sense

secondary skill: blacksmith
    traits:
    ambidexterity
    double-jointed

flaw:
    OCD (severe)

as a young drow in a society where only the strong survive, he didn't make the cut. one night in a training excersize some drow were to kidnap him leave him on the surface for three days then retrieve him. they never found him. taken in by a young ranger, who had good experiences with a certain drow ranger we all love, he took in this (like 5 years old in elven years) drow and taught him the trade of being a ranger and a blacksmith. excelling in both of these he became so engrossed in the stories of drizzt Do'Urden that he emulated him and mimic-ed his fighting style, but having no access to scimitars he simply use two long swords instead. But he had a key flaw that always worried his master. whenever he failed to do something to a certain level of perfection or better he felt it necessary to start over and try it again, even in the heat of battle. this resulted in many instances of him chasing a goblin into the woods and almost being devoured by trolls. But after years of him going through the same motions over and over he eventually became a master in the arts of fighting and blacksmithing at an extremely young age.
    Now he makes a quiet living in shadowdale as a blacksmith using his old master's fort as a smithy, but always ready for adventure.
    of course he still suffers of his OCD
    Last edited by hiro darkblade; 02-13-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    AD&D 2ed
    Had a half-elf cleric/mage called Gilyan: Priestess of Mystra, who loved the company of Dwarves and their drinking games, and was excellent at rescuing captured comrades.
    And by excellent ..... I mean 'you know how plans always pan out, right?'
    The 2 most memorable 'rescues' are detailed below.

Rescue 1
    There was 1 player in our party, a human thief (can't remember his name, but that's irrelevant now anyway, as you'll learn later), who was on the "not liked or welcome here" list for several cities, regions and groups.
    Whilst we were on route to a City to answer a call for assistance against a dire un-named threat, we ran into a small band of travelling gypsies who wanted our human thief for some misdemeanour that was never fully explained when we first met them. He ran, they chased and caught him that evening and then chained him to a post in the centre of their camp next to the cooking fire.
    So the rest of us moved into a position overlooking the camp, and considered our 'rescue' options, most favoured a direct frontal assault with someone breaking the chains amidst the confusion.
    As the other 3 party members crept slowly towards the wagons, I had an excellent idea.

"Are their wagons arranged in a circle around the central fire ?" I asked.
    "Yes, yes they are." replied the DM.
    "Is the diameter of that circle bigger than my Fireball radius ?" I asked.
    "You don't think it is." Replied the DM.

"O.k., I will advance into casting range and fireball the camp, centering it on the cooking fire" I said.
    "Oh, as I cast the spell, I call out 'duck' so my friends are warned" I added.
    The DM smiled.

There was a nice big woosh, the wagons caught fire, as planned. there was much confusion in the camp and my 3 friends hurried to our chained thief.
    "You need to roll for damage" the DM said to me.
    "You need to save vs spells" he said to the thief.
    So I picked up my dice and rolled ...
    "Ooops" I said, as I looked at my dice and saw nothing lower than a 5 on any of them.
    "Crap" said our thief, as he rolled a critical .... failure.
    "It's not all bad" I said, "You're only on -2hp, I can fix that, so quit whining. Your hair will grow back anyway!"

The Gypsies were swiftly cowed, and we discovered our thief had used a statement of intent to obtain certain liberties with the granddaughter of an elder in their extended family. We persuaded them that he wasn't really all that desirable as husband material, and we told them they could keep his magical weapons and armour as compensation. Everyone was mostly happy, a satisfactory outcome.

Rescue 2
    Technically it's actually recue #9 or #10 and our thief by this time has an ingrained fear of Fireballs, Burning Hands and several other useful spells.
    We were a days march from a City we were travelling to, when our thief mentioned he was wanted by the Lord of the City for various crimes.
    We told him that was OK, we'd make a camp outside it's walls in the small copse of trees next to the river that we could see in the distance, and he could stay there with the rest of us that didn't need to enter the city.

We made camp, settled in the for the night.
    Then our thief says "I'm climbing over the city wall"
    The DM smiled and said "OK"

In the morning 2 members of our party enter the city to find the merchant we were meant to contact.
    They return a little quicker than expected.
    "They caught our thief" they said "He's going to be beheaded tomorrow morning in the central square"
    Everyone looked at me ... I said "Fireballs won't help here".
    So I grabbed my spell books and got creative, whilst the rest of the party went to say 'goodbye' to their adventuring friend.
    They returned to the camp in the early evening, and were able to explain where our thief was being held.

Invisibility, Spider Climb, Knock and various other 'utility' spells we committed to memory.
    In the pre dawn gloom I approached the Cities Prison.
    Using the various spells I had memorised & prayed for I finally neared the cell where our thief was being held.
    Quietly whispering the incantation for my last knock spell, the door swung slowly open.

I entered the cell, to see our thief held to wall by heavy steel manacles and chains.
    I looked through the list of my few remaining spells, and smiled.
    "I can get you out of here" I whispered.
    Our thief cringed and whimpered.
    "It will be fine" I whispered. "There's nothing to worry about".
    And then I cast Polymorph Other, specifying 'Bat' so that he could quickly fly through the bars and narrow windows.
    "Fly to the campsite" I said .. "I can change you back when you get there"

"Make an Int check" our DM said to the thief.
    Our thief once again, like so many times before, rolls a critical failure at this most important stage.
    "The bat flies away, chasing moths for it's lunch" said the DM

And that was the last we ever saw of our thief.
    Last edited by RodentofDoom; 09-04-2014 at 10:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I suppose I should actually list a character.

Kirt Hellreaver -- He is the green one.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kirt&friend.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	4313  

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456