Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Your Favorite D&D Character - Page 4
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite D&D Character

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    This char is from an Evil Gestalt campaign.
    Drider Psion/Thrall Herd/Monk

Between the uber ability bonuses and extra feats my Psion could do ungodly damage with spells and with a few levels of Monk still be viable at melee range early on. Having the ability to cast Drider HD equivalent Cleric Spells I could heal and buff myself.

In later levels, I had myself a small army with Thrall Herd. My party had taken over a medium coastal township. My Wife had a Master Vampire/Dirge Singer/Bard, (One of her spawn was a MegaRaptor) so between us we had about 100 minions just from our classes. We had some epic battles and rounds took a long time, but it was really fun.
    Last edited by soulphantom; 03-06-2008 at 05:48 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had waaaaay to many over almost 30 years of gaming to pick one, but...

Ott. He has had a few different character sheets over the years, jumped up and down in levels depending on the game, but the core always remained the same. He was born the youngest of 7 boys to a drunken dirt farmer. Mom died giving birth to him, father had no use for another mouth to feed, older brothers took turns beating him up. One night he prayed to the gods that he be "Big and strong". Someone heard, because the next morning a neighbor's proze bull broke out of his pen, kicked Ott in the head and then trampled him. He was taken in by a hermit priest. He healed his woulnds, and fed him. Ott ate and ate, and grew and grew. By the time the old priest died, Ott was 17 years old, stood 7 feet tall, weighed 355lbs. He had a 20 Str, 18 Con, 16 Dex, 10 wis, and 6's in int, and charisma. He doesn't speak very clearly, because his jaw never healed corectly, and the fact that he's dumb as soup. He took up with a traveling side show, where he boxed/wrestled all comers. He was treated like an animal by his masters, but did learn how to fight. He beat his masters to death one night when they tried to rape a pretty young Seer who read fortunes in the show.
    He is fiercely loyal to his friends, and you do not want him as an enemy. He wields a Great Axe, "Big Chopper". Most of his feats go to being a better fighter. "It's all about the axe" is the motto. His current incarnation is a 15th level fighter. Improved Grapple, Sunder, Overrun, and Unarmed Attack are some feats. Currently following a pretty elven sorceress around.

He's just alot of fun to play.
    Last edited by upidstay; 03-06-2008 at 07:31 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another fave was one I only played once, in a one shot, high level adventure.
    His name was Yeckim Esoum, halfling thief, I think 19th level, maybe 20th. He had a SICK Tumble ability, and a crossbow that automatically reloaded every round. He would tumble by his opponents into Backstab zone, shoot them for all that extra damage, then tumble away. He had the Shot on the run feat, plus every other missle weapon feat, I believe. The thief ended up dropping way more enemies than the fighters did.
    I remember he was turned invisible by the mage, then took a keg of some sort of explosive into a room filled hordes of baddies, then dropping a Potion of Explosions (5d6 fire, 20' radius) onto it. The resulting earth shattering kaboom killled many evil critters, while I made my reflex save, thus Evading most of the explosion. He was 3', 45lbs of death.

Downloads
    Uploads
    my favorites are

Nethosak Bloodaxe,minotuar fighter/ cleric
    Elrik Darkstorm,Half elven Ranger/mage
    Quindevlin-elven thief
    Gellorn -human bard
    Arrack Ironbender-Dwarven Fighter.

Those are my favorite charcters that i have played so far,i had so much fun with all of them i dont know if i can ever top playing with them with another character.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One of my best Characters was a Gnome TH/ILL Named (yes this is his name) Baldernsnatchgqilindlthorpnstring The Mighty Copper Dragon Concocter, The Great Army creator and Fast runner, Sole Sorvivor of the skeleton attack, Elemental Creator and Tumbler, Orge Sticker, Great cat Scarrier, Pit Faller, Sleeper, The Great Entertainer and Zapper of the Theif who stole from me,Inn Burner, Keg Owner, Taddpoler,OrcKiller, Worg Bait, Orc Entertainer, Long Runner, Gate Climber, Head Bumper, Wall Climber, Cannon Foder, Night Floater, Monster Squisher, Zap Zap all Dead, Conquer of the 9' Hook Thingy, Lucky13, and Eagle Rider.... and he's only 4/3lv. Some extra skills he has it Juggling,Tumbling and Tighrope Walking. He has a Wand of Lighting,Rg. Feather Fall and Pro +1, Bracers Ac2 and (Pieces) of 3 Tomes. Ali is NG and his best friend is a Ranger, 5th Lv they were the only 2 to survive these dungeons.......
    Life is Hard.. But it's Harder if your Stupidd.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I loved long titles for my characters. I will have to look for my old notebook.
    My longest title was for a Cleric called AMFM, which ran two pages. I remember the start...

A.M.F.M. , Baron of the beat.
    All muscle and fabulous meat.

On second thought, I am sure it sounded better when I was twelve.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    * trying the imagine a twelve year old lich *
    Au gibet noir, manchot aimable, dansent, dansent les paladins
    Les maigres paladins du diable les squelettes de Saladins.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hmmmm, i would have to say that my current "favorites", which to me means the ones i'd currently play first if given my choice of any of my wide array of favorite characters, are either Meo of Golden Valley, or Path of Ursailia and Prii the Twice-Forsaken.

Meo is a druidicly-trained lad who through streneous application of himself, learned how to shapechange without becoming a druid or learning any magic at all, arcane or divine. (and legally to boot!) He and his mentor had many philosophical discussions about the nature of power and freedom and responsibility... many of their disagreements boiled down to a variant of, "why should i subject myself to another power, and take up the druidic oaths-even to one as grand and glorious as nature obviously is-when i have the power to be free within myself?"

He still favors his druidic training, even to this day, and is even widely known as a healer, shapeshifter, and druid, despite his choices in life. He even managed to maintain friendly relations with the druidic circles of his mentor's association after his mentor passed on. He is actually a native to the Golden Valley region, although few know that he was the misshapen warped and half-melted looking child that they cast out for his physical differences and uncanny appearence.

He has an uneasy relationship with the villagers, tolerated because of his long association with the druid, he still gets pleasure from freaking them out about his in-depth knowledge of them and their doings. A minor revenge that he can't seem to bring himself to stop taking. After all, who suspects the dog that steals sausage from the floor in the tavern, or the cat lounging on the haystack, or the bird nesting in the tree?

Path of Ursailia and Prii the Twice-Forsaken travel together, and are pretty much a two-for-one arrangement. Path hails from a lost and almost completely forgotten legendary city of yore. And the grey elven community who built and maintain and live there, likes to keep it that way. Grey elves are noted for being reclusive and exclusive even for elves, barely tolerating other elves, let alone the lesser races of mortals. Of course, not all are like that, but unfortunately, his particular grove of elves is extremely so.

Unfortunately for him, because his great-grandfather commited the heinious and unforgivable faux pau of not only siring a child on a grugach-practically worse than siring a half-elf, at least the lesser mortals play at civilization, unlike grugach-but then keeping the child and finally marrying the grugach-wife!! His grandfather lives with the grugach, never spoken of in polite society, and his father, the spitting image of his great-grandfather, returned to proper society to redeem his family's honor. Alas and woe, his child (Path) bore the stigma his heritage... in all ways but one, a proper looking grey elf: violet eyes like a gem of the rarest amethyst, well formed, comely, straight, strong and tall, long and shining golden waves of hair... and with a tell-tale ravenlock that betrays his heritage. In shame, his father changed his name-abandoning his family name-and became a reclusive researcher and scholar.

Growing up alone and socially ostracized, even by those who would take pity on the poor (effective) orphan child, lest his socail stigma attach to them as well; Path rapidly learned to be quick and self-sufficent. He also learned to avoid the torments of all the other children, few as they were. His dream was to become an Arcane Archer, the highest and most honorable of the various castes in his world. These elite warriors defend the city walls and stand in glorious review before the entire city come the times of festivals. (Not that anything has gotten close enough to the city for it to need defending in hundreds of years....)

To his dismay and turmoil, he was completely unable to learn magic the way it was taught. The wizardly training simply did not take with him, and of course, there is only one proper way to learn or practice magic in a rigid grey elf society. The teasing and subtle torment only became worse as his fellow aged became proficient with magic and used it to further torment him while not revealing themselves. The ceremony of graduation where all were called upon to show their skills and be judged for what caste they would enter was an exercise in sheer torture and humilation. At first, cautiously praised for his skill in bow, he was then called upon to dislpay his magical abilities. A mean-minded fellow graduate used a minor cantrip to pull away his hair restraint revealling his ravenlock. Pubilically derided before all, he was finally judged a failure, and commanded to enter the Outliers Caste-the lowest and least honorable of all Castes. In his public disgrace, he vowed that he would never utter another word, unless it was to successfully cast a spell, qualifying him for the High Archer Caste.

There as an Outlier he learned the ways of the forest, and the ways of nature, honing his skills in keeping any from ever finding the city, and trading with the privledged few who were aware that elves lived somewhere in these mountains, even if they knew not who or what they were. The Outliers, he discovered, are the ones who do the actual grunt work of sullying their swords in the flesh and blood of the lesser races who incroach upon the mountain stronghold. In this fashion, he finally met with his grandfather, as the "primative" grugach were the majority of the source of the trade the city needs. His grandfather began training him in the physical arts of the High Archers, having been one himself. The unique calligraphy pens that teach the hand the shape of the bow being among one of the secrets of the High Archers, Path also became an accomplished calligrapher and scribe. His grandfather kindly did not discuss magic with him.

While he kept his vow of silence, through writing and listening he learned much more of the world, and different ways of seeing and thinking about things, eventually taking up posts to the outmost regions of their territories, watching the other races, and learning. His grandfather became well pleased with him, and a sorce of comfort and solace in his life, where before he had had none. Still he stubbornly held to his vow. He received from his grandfather, and ancient knife, long used by elves to carve wondorous bows, said to contain much magic for any who were skilled in the arts of the boyer.

Path focused on honing his skills as an archer. He became a master boyer, and a master archer. Eventually he took up the least desired position in the Outliers Caste. He actively interacted with the other races, often far from home, seeking new arrangements of trade needed by the city. He used the opportunity and studied anywhere and with anyone who could increase his skill and knowledge of the bow. He adventures now, seeking any way to increase his skill. He claims to be the second best archer in all the world. When he is asked whom is the best, he writes in beautiful script this reply: I don't know, I have yet to find one. But, I can always hope.

Prii's story began long before Path was born. She was a warrior in the great wars that tore apart the various nations, completely erasing many, centuries ago. The love of her life was an elf with whom a torrid and passionate relationship was born among the ashes of war. She was utterly faithful to him and longed for the fleeting times they were able to share together. She was devastated when he cut off their relationship, claiming that she was infringing on his freedom, and that life was too long to be tied down to one person, no matter how passionate. A bit of her heart died that day. She threw herself into the war effort, streching her powers to the limit, taking insane chances, frankly hoping to die.

Yet the fateful day came when once again they met, and the passion had not died any, if anything, it was stronger than ever before. She railed against her self, but could not overcome that she had given her heart, and herself to him completely. Once again the romance between them was such that the bards sought to follow them, on the chance that they would meet. Even on the battlefield, they would call to one another of their love, inspiring each other and those around them.

Until the day that she found him in the arms of another, unfaithful to the last. In rage, she vented all the emotions of her spurned heart at him, and left for the battle. There she would not fight near him, but turned away and sought to breach the enemies lines headlong. And in that fateful battle, she broke through the enemy lines, and won a brief respite for her beleagered land, and found that he had died in battle that day. Desperately and bitterly regreting her harsh words being the last he had heard from her, and despite his unfaithfulness, she sought one to catch his spirit before it passed too far beyond and to bring it back.

His spirit did return... if only long enough to tell her that there were too many grand adventures in the afterlife to be bound down to just one woman. Weeping and utterly desolate, she fled. The tide of the war inexorably turned against her people, and she found herself one of a very few survivors fleeing for their very lives. Long she wandered the lands in disguise, unable to end her life-not only was such against her beliefs, but she could not stand the possibility of meeting him again in some afterlife-she sought out any other means that could meet her beliefs, and yet provide relief. She took the name Twice-Forsaken during this time. The ominous sound of it tended to ward off the casually curious.

At long last her quest brought her to the attention of a most unusual dragon... and upon earning his trust, found her answer in the ancient repository of the dragons wisdome and store of knowledge. Through a difficult and complicated ritual involving very careful timing and the acquisition and usage of very specific powers, she successfully abandonded her body-transforming, hiding, and protecting it-and learned how to inhabit the metal of blades.

The blade she chose and still inhabits is a certain blade which does in fact enhance the skills of a boyer. A blade originally owned by none other than her twice-loved, and by whom she was twice forsaken. She has hibernated the centuries away, subconsciously maintaining the powers which preserve her, briefly awakening now and again-mistaken for an intelligent magic dagger-an error of perception that she appathetically doesn't care enough about to correct.

One day she was woken by an outburst of pain and tragic loss, sufficently like her own to stir her curiosity, to awaken and stir, and join in the tribulations of her mute grey-elf holder, curiously with a most-un-grey-elf-like ravenlock, his pain as deep and turbulent as her own, if different; and the party with which he silently strives to overcome a tomb filled with horrors. Left without even corpses to bury or remove from the tomb, they press on determined to make the sacrifices of their companions meaningful.
    Last edited by nijineko; 03-23-2008 at 06:04 AM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads

Lloric

My favorite character was a CN Rogue named Lloric.

He survived a long campaign, the return to the Temple of Elemental Evil expanded considerably, and presumably lived to be an old man.

However, he was also controlled by a young and clueless gamer and did some dumb things.

Most notably:

When the other players were arguing/going to bed and not checking out the tip we had just received, young Lloric decided to go to the moat house alone, in the dark, without telling anyone. There he met a very young blue dragon who immediatly used his breath weapon. Being a rogue, he narrowly made the save with evasion and hid eventually making it home, collapsing at the feet of the Dwarven fighter, Ulfgar, with the exclamation, "dragon!"

One more, during the adventure, we encountered a deck of many things. Feeling lucky he drew a card, after which the DM simply spread a map out and said pick a place. Lloric did so, and the DM replied. You're keep is there. In the middle of a sheep field. We spent much of the adventure carting the entire temple of elemental evil's furnishings via teleport spells off to that keep, from the carpets, to the wall hangings, and benches, even a crazy coral throne that was strangley out of place.

He retired there, insinuating himself into the Cormyrian nobility, and building a large trading town around his keep.

Downloads
    Uploads

Grethek Gartooth

Grethek Gartooth for sure,3.5ed Chaotic Neutral 8th lvl (6th lvl Barbarian,2nd lvl Fighter) Goliath,I always pushing the limit with him. In the party I consider him the meat shield. So much has tried to been done to him, he almost was permantly into a dwarf, then he was turned evil for a short period of time but he was saved, he almost got rended in half by a rage drake, and he destroyed a whole bunch of flaming skeletons, man I don't think he'll ever die.
    Last edited by Azar; 07-28-2009 at 11:29 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some definetly great stories here... my fav. char was Kronk, the half-orc barbarian i actually adopted as a secondary char.... Through diff. means, his str. (his only real ability) grew to a 25 by level 9, and was known by the party to be the one to tackle foes on his own, doing so on many occasions, a white dragon at level 5, and a fire giant at level 8 were two of the most memorable, i will never forget those battle, and they may be what keeps me coming back to the table

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I don't yet have a lot of PnP experience, but I can tell you about my favorite NeverWinter Nights characters. Some of these may make their way into PnP someday, or at least elements of them. Most of them started out as stereotypes, but grew into much deeper characters. I rarely write deep backgrounds in advance, and when I do the characters seem forced. Instead I tend to wait until I find out what the character's personality is going to be like, and retcon the background to suit. As far as favorite levels, that's hard to say, as computer game levels are so much faster than PnP levels. I don't remember what happened at what level, and the roleplay was so much more important than levels anyway.

Madeline Starkraven - Human fighter/rogue. Classic "crazy" type. She was once a member of an all-female pirate crew, nicknamed "Starkraven Mad" for her frenzied fighting style. She eventually turned against her captain (Merea Scorne) and they dueled to the death. Madeline won the fight, but was swept overboard and lost her mind. She heared voices, specifically Merea's voice. Madeline believed that Merea's spirit was living inside her and talking to her. Sometimes the Merea personality would completely take over. She became a heavy drinker, because alcohol kept the voices away. She also had a facial tic and a lot of funny catch phrases. All those shortcut buttons NWN has, I filled with text macros for her emotes and sayings. She was a lot of fun to play.

Dervish - Human fighter from Cormyr. She was the youngest of her siblings, and the only girl. Her mother died during childbirth, and so she was raised by her father and six brothers, all of whom eventually became soldiers. She grew up to despise all things feminine, which is why she went by "Dervish" (her real name was Priscilla, and her brothers called her "Prissy"). When she became a teen, her father remarried. Dervish's new stepmother did not approve of tomboyism, and kept trying to push Dervish into the ways of grace and beauty. Dervish got fed up and left home, so she could be herself.

Brynwyn Elswyth - Elf archer. I got tired of seeing the way other players always played their elves, all serious and Vulcan-like. I've always preferred the carefree type, the ones who dance in the moonlight and celebrate nature. So Brynwyn was my first elf, and she had a low Wisdom score, so I played her naive. She was a fun-loving free spirit, but she was also very gullible and tended to trust the wrong people.

Sillia Aylomen - Human bard. Sillia was a young music student, with a goofy sense of humor, including a love of bad puns. Sillia was a performer through and through, and was completely useless in a fight. But while she may have had poor battle skills, she was fun to play at all levels. (Computer RPGs are only kind to powergaming min-maxers, so it's a good thing that so many roleplay servers exist for NeverWinter Nights.)

Tao Xiang - Human red dragon disciple from Kara-Tur. My spouse collects Tarot decks. One of our decks is a sort of a trainer deck, and has descriptions on each card. I know some of the basic Tarot spreads, so using that deck it's really easy to give Tarot readings. So I created this character as an exotic fortune teller. It was a lot of fun giving in-character readings to other characters. (I didn't actually call it "Tarot" in game.) I would flip the cards in real life, and tell the fortune through her mouth. Her readings weren't particularly accurate, but that just added to the fun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't remember his level, or even his race now, but one of my favorites was my mutant neanderthal or half ogre (or perhaps half ogre neanderthal, which would explain why I can't remember which...) duskblade named Thak. He bled fire, and even though he had a decent int mod he liked to play dumb. It made some things easier, and it's what people expected. The reason he's one of my favorites was because he was just a character I threw together really quickly to play a "between games game" while we waited for the DM to get more plot together. I got to the session with him all rolled up and outfitted, but I'm terrible at coming up with names, so he didn't have one until after we started. I got into an altercation with a local, and wound up b***h slapping him, and the sound it made was "thak!" I then decided that was his name. His warcry later became "Thak thuk!" because that was the sound his axe made when he was pulling it out of your chest. He was also fond of the warning "Don't make me thuk you up."

This other one I haven't gotten to play yet, but he has many possibilities. His name is Baskal Kobara, and he's a 15th level (9th level Witch with a LA of 6) 3.5 character I made cuz I got bored one day. He's a two-headed-six-armed Goliath who was mostly raised by a Storm Giant. Because of a couple of feats and some abilities of his own he doesn't have an off hand, and he's one feat away from being able to hang from a tree branch while loading a crossbow and casting a spell.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, I sure wish someone had dug up this thread before I posted my favorite D&D character a couple of weeks ago...not realizing that it was in the SUPER HERO category! DO"H!

Oh well. Long story short (Don't feel like repeating everything I said there), my favorite character was a mage that went from being a 0 level slave to a 25th level total badass that could give Elminster a run for his money. His name, coincidentally was Arkhemedes.
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

Downloads
    Uploads
    My favorite character comes from the single Best D&D Game Ever I ever played. It was not only one of the first that played through to completion, but was also my introduction to DMing D&D 3.0 games. To set it up, imagine a party of five players who start a game at level 4 and work their way up from meager adventurers looking for work, discovery, wealth and fame to level 18 heroes of the realm, backed by a king and recognized by a whole nation.

The following is a massive wall of text. Read only at your own discretion. Pardon my storytelling, I'm still a big noob. :P

The four PCs are Keira Boughstrider, a human ranger who was adopted and raised by wood elves; Brigon Dell (I think this name was supposed to be a pun?), a human fighter with a rugged cut, mecenary outlook, and a penchant for swinging around a huge battleaxe; Grigni Battlestout, a dwarven cleric of Moradin in practically every sense of the phrase; and my character, Rhaznodil Winterchill, a high elven wizard who was timid, soft-spoken, and all-around nerdy. We started out for various reasons in a small township that was plagued by small threats, the classic "you're all in an inn with a job posting board" that turned into epic adventure as laid out by one of the best DMs I've ever had the pleasure of gaming with.

Throughout the course of the game, the party developed as characters and as friends, since we all knew each other outside of the game. Being between 16 and 18 years old, we were all pretty heavy on the dork side and talked about our next D&D game at length, including the DM. At one point, I pulled the DM aside and talked to him about what I had in mind for Rhaz's future. Though largely lawful neutral, the poor elf had a close encounter with the wrong end of a poisoned arrow during a scuff with the Big Bad Evil Dictator in a very major plot point. This led to a very real fear for his mortality, despite living practically forever as an elf, and after he had acquired a necromancer's tome of forbidden spells he had been reading about a possibility for escape from most of those nasty death-inflicting things like arrows-to-the-face. He wanted to become a lich.

At this point, the DM confessed that stresses with RL and a general lack of plot devices meant he was probably going to be ending the campaign at the then-tender level 11. I really liked the direction the game was going, though, and thought ending it at that point would be a real bummer. So I made a suggestion.

Rhaz would become a lich, and in doing so, he would usurp the Big Bad Evil Dictator. See, Rhaz knew that the party was all Good aligned and pretty against this big evil force consuming the civilized world, but he also knew that the Dictator's forces were not just mindless hordes. The Dictator wanted to watch the world burn, but if such a potent weapon as his mighty armies could be harnessed, they could do great things - if in a much darker shade of black.

So, I tell you that story to tell you this one. I started writing material for the campaign, designing encounters, and running it by the DM. He continued to DM, and I continued to play, but every week I'd submit to him a packet of encounters, story, and suggestions that we would both run with when we got to talk together privately.

Rhaz and the party eventually took down the Big Bad Evil Dictator. The party was unaware, however, that their resident wizard had become a lich, thanks to several magic spells and their innate trust for their "sweet, nerdy elf." They literally would not suspect me, no matter what I did. Rhaz even gave Keira a favor, a shy proposal of his affection for her in the form of a heavily-bejeweled pendant (his phylactery). Story-wise, Rhaz had been in contact with the Dictator's evil second-in-command and had learned a valuable secret; the massive invading army was headed by demons and the Dictator was a figurehead, a zealous cleric of something much larger, and using supposed "divined" information, Rhaz led the party - the only force on the planet that could defeat the demonic Overlord - to the Abyss where they would confront the true evil. They triumphed and destroyed the gate the evil outsiders had been using to bring in reinforcements, leaving only a corrupt human nation that was once enslaved to cruel demon masters behind. The party could then return to the king of the "good" nation to tell him the enemy leaders had been defeated and a decisive strike could shatter the remaining military resistance and free its citizens.

Then Rhaz revealed himself to be the true mastermind of the last major story arc. After having manipulated the party into defeating the evil Dictator and using them to uncover the demon gate as well as destroy it, Rhaz was now in charge of the greatest military power ever known. The nation was not smashed on the rocks or thrown into anarchy by the demons' defeat; the Dictator's second-in-command had organized the opposition to the demonic presence and, after Rhaz freed them, swore fealty to the lich.

The final battle was a mix of epic Big Bad Evil Guy litanies about how "evil" was merely a different path of life refuted by Heroic Good speeches about how good men could not simply stand by while evil took place, and the party fighting Rhaz. He won out, but as he was telling them he would not kill them (because he wasn't, in the end, a soulless monster, he was merely a monster) the fighter rose and used his last staggered action to flay off Rhaz's remaining hit points and dusted him. They hastily returned a message to the king and the two nations sparked a bloody conflict that would last several years after that epic battle, but the game ended on a kind of "Epilogue" note and we never did pick back up (including Rhaz's resurrection and displacement of the good king utilizing his unsurpassed mastery of spells and magic), even though we talked about it after the release of the Epic Level Handbook.

Everyone was very surprised to find out that from about level 15 to 18 (which was almost 6 months of playtime), I was writing the whole thing, and they were even more shocked to see Rhaz play such a part. They all agreed that it was pretty epic, and enjoyed that final twist.

Rhaz is probably still my favorite character of all the D&D characters I have ever had the chance to play or create. He became a pretty big DMPC, yes, but in the end he had nothing more than what I had earned for him over the course of our adventures. But it wasn't just him that made him my favorite - it was all of us, and the experience itself that made it all memorable.
    Last edited by Takatchi; 07-27-2009 at 05:14 PM.
    But, for a certainty, back then we loved so many, yet hated so much; we hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind, whilst our laughter echoed under cerulean skies...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast