Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Your Favorite D&D Character
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite D&D Character

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your Favorite D&D Character

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    We've danced all around this subject. Favorite Class, favorite version, favorite race. But I don't know that we've ever touched upon our Favorite Character.

So, from a personal point of view, please share with the rest of us your favorite D&D character you (or someone else) may have played or are still playing. Tell us the good and bad points of the character, their faults, strengths, etc. Oh, and don't forget the level (or particular favorite level range).

Downloads
    Uploads

Can't Narrow down beyond these 4

I cannot narrow a selection of favorite characters down beyond these four... well a trio and the a loner.

The Trio is from the Beginner/Expert/etc version of D&D where I had:
    Serin Matif an elf
    Sepa(somethng long I can't remember) an level elf
    and Ceranitalla a Cleric

Yes, there were fro the realm where an elf was a class. I was the DM and these three had a great adventure with lots of memories that all started when Sepa said, "I'm on a quest" to Serin and later, when I asked her out of character what her quest was she said, "oh just make one up for me." Talk about open license to the DM.

The other, where I was again DM was played by the same person who played Serin above. This time it was Gemini, an 2nd edition elvin swordsman with two swords. high dex and low str, he still managed to hold back an entire orc army at a whoke point and later stood in front of a line of charging calvary and survived unscathed. This was at a mere 3rd level with no magic defences.

I've never been able to play characters of my own long enough to get to build piles of memories on them. Kept becoming the DM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have several.
    The first was an unnamed fighter who's highest stat was his STR - a monstrous 12. At 3rd level, he traded EVERYTHING he owned for a +1 longsword, and continued adventuring with a loincloth. At 7th level, he traded it all in again for a +2 longsword. On his first adventure after that, armed with a +2 longsword and girded with a loincloth, he was felled by a SINGLE orc that rolled three critical attacks in a row.

The second was Malruhn (my namesake), the Ranger. He dressed in a golden cloak that he used as a blanket at night. He was quite strong, but very heavy (think Orson Wells). Sleeping on the military crest of hills (just below the actual crest, so he could see over), his companion Elves would go to wake him up in the morning, and see this great golden bulk as they crested the hill - earning him the title, "Malruhn of the Golden Sunrise."
    Later, an adventuring companion was seduced by a demon, and eventually possessed. It was Malruhn's sad duty to track down his dear friend and kill her to rid the world of the demon. This earned him the title of "Slayer of the Avenging Demon." He stopped laughing after that adventure... (I stopped playing him at 9th level)

Most recently was Marcus Timon d'Cannith, the 11th level Artificer. He started at 6th level as a student and couch-potato that was more into research than adventuring. Eventually, he found out that his family was just raising him as a courtesy to House d'Cannith due to assassin problems. The crew did some amazing things, before we moved to X'endrik and the entire party, other than Marcus, was slain by shadows. He now is an NPC that hires adventuring parties to go try to find a lost Warforged (almost) Jaugernaut named Omega, a dear friend that was captured by and is being experimented on by evil factions of House d'Cannith.

There are many, many more, but these three are the ones that spring to mind easiest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So many characters, I can't pick one. Some that jump to mind...

Forçons du Camion or truck for short. He was a mountain of a man with little tact. Truck was a cleric of Heimdal who died defending his fallen companions. He was the first character in advanced D&D to reach 8th level.

Elithandrial Thiloqual was a half elven fighter/magic-user. He soon became known as 'Lampshade' after a long night of drinking with his newfound human compatriots. The easily overshadowed Lampshade was a shy young man. After dieing twice in the tomb of horrors and being brought back by his older brother, a flamboyant Paladin, I retired the character (near tenth level I think). I identified too deeply with the character and just couldn't take it for some reason.

Vasoline was a second edition minotaur gladiator. He fought many vicious battles in the arenas and eventually became a mighty warlord, but never came to terms with humanity's lack of acceptance. He was a four armed monster with the artifact the arm of Arnd. He lead his armies through many huge wars using the battle system rules. The easy to anger Minotaur retired around 16th level.

The Phantom Fulcrum was the first character without a real name. He was a Saurial preist/evoker who's name started as an untranslatable smell of citrus peels and aluminum followed by a slight squinting. He was given the name "The Phantom Fulcrum" by a king after devising a plan and succeeding in defending the country. Having outlived all his friends, he sought more understanding in the vast space of spelljammer where he faded away into glory.

Rabkala was an evil priest of the Realms. He found redemption (in an updated desert of desolation). He was a very likable man who was loved by the masses. He started an island empire near the Sword Coast (I think) and became the most powerful character I ever played.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Charirvorastrixmalsvir, Burning Lord of the Flame

My favorite character is Charirvorastrixmalsvir. He is an evil cleric of Io. The most fascinating part of the character is that he is a red dragon Dra 14/Clr 6 from Toril.

Having fallen in with many of the dragons who fought with/for Sammaster during the Rage, Char discovered that Sammaster wished to make the dragons his undead servants. Char rose up against Sammaster and was cast from Toril into an alternate Material Plane embroiled in intrigues and wars. As part of his punishment, Char was transfigured into a silver dragon and given false memories. He believed he was a champion of good in service to the Platinum Father.

Taking up arms in a war, Char was struck repeatedly with magics. The resulting effects began to unravel the powerful magic Sammater used to punish Char and he realized who he truly was. The facade of the silver dragon literally melted away and the true glory of Char was finally revealed.

Being neutral in the conflicts of his new home, he amassed a large fortune selling his services to all. He then turned this fortune into an empire through clever business endeavors.

Currently, Char and his current allies sit in his mountainous citadel plotting to destroy the Black Tower, a group of vile people not unlike the Zentarim and their Dark Network. Char cares only because they threaten his interests which is an attack on his horde.

I used the Dragon class featured in Dragon Magazine #332 and the draconic deity descriptions from the Draconomicon.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Morton Stromgal - Started out as my first character in Baldur's Gate CRPG. He was a Dwarf Fighter then. Made a few jaunts into pen & paper AD&D 2nd as a Fighter and Fighter/Cleric before being put on the shelf for a few years. He then made a comeback in Everquest II this time choosing to go with the Dwarf Cleric motif. Love of him and his healing ways would once again have him make a trip to pen & paper land, this time as a Cleric. Hes now become a well known name around the table with his bad scottish accent and drunken preaching ways

So why is he my favorite? Well before Morty I had an irrational hatred of dwarves. I don't know why I picked to be a dwarf in Baldur's Gate, its very unlike me, but I did it and I had a lot of fun with that game, thus making dwarves tolerable. I also hated being the healer but we needed one for Everquest II so I thought about what kinda Cleric should I be. I came up with a dwarf because I figured it would be silly and I had no plans of enjoying the character. Well what dwarf name to give this guy, of course I had to bring back Morton. To my surprise I loved being the party healer. I got to buff my friends and I only had to turn on LFG to get bombarded by people looking for a healer. Now I start playing 3.5 again and the group I'm in has no healer so I say I'll do it. At this point I'm not excited about it but after Everquest II it may be ok. Of course I again make Morton and I loved it. Casting Doom, Bull's Strength, & others I was a valued asset for more than just healing. My insane AC and concentration score made the DM blink more than once. Since then Morton shows up from time to time whenever a healer is needed.
    Last edited by MortonStromgal; 10-22-2007 at 12:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In 1980 I needed a DM voice. So I created an NPC named '(the) Warlock, Voyce Xanadu'. (I'm sure Olivia Newton John had something to do with the naming of him. - And you can totally see the play on his first name "Voyce", as in the DM's voice).

Anyway, the character was some really old wizard that lived in a tower far away upon an island. For some reason, he really didn't do much speaking to the player characters, but there was a lot of scrying and sending of messages through spells or events. Somewhat guiding the players.

By 1984, I had basically written Voyce into a corner he no longer became involved in the player character's actions. Voyce then started moving through dimensions and doing his own thing. Though he left a son and his Tower behind.

The son was Sting Xanadu (a player's character who happened to love the Police). Sting wasn't favored or really given anything. He was an illegitimate child that Voyce knew nothing of (until much later). However, Sting knew his destiny and mounted a quest (party of player characters) to locate the island by which his 'inheritance' stood. He intended to claim the tower for his own.

The quest didn't go so well. Half the party was wiped out by the towers defenses and the evil that had set up shop within the upper levels of the tower (evil got in through an interdimensional portal left open by the careless wizard (or was it intentional?)).

Ultimately, the quest was given up and Sting never claimed the tower or the more precious items within it. Though they did get loot, just not the 'most powerful magic item' that Sting 'called'.

In 1987, Voyce Xanadu returned to the prime material plane and excised the evil from his tower. He learned of Sting (the son) and made contact. It was another plot hook, 'The 10 challenges of the Xanadu'. Basically, 10 quests that Sting (and the party) had to complete to prove he was worthy to be claimed as the rightful heir to the Xanadu legacy.

Before the 10 quests could be completed, the party broke up and things changed. It was high school, constant flux. Other games happened, and then Marvel Super Heroes came about.

It wasn't until 2001 that Voyce was again officially pulled from the metaphorical closet for a 3.0 game that eventually became a 3.5 game.

However, he was really never used. Just his tower. Historically the world went through upheaval and instead of an island where his tower once was, it was 1200 years later and the tower was inverted into a mountain and was being explored by a legion of Lawful Neutral Drow that the new player characters encountered.

The tower then was the focus of many sessions of adventure as the party painstakingly made their way through trying to learn its history and find the owner.

They only learned that Voyce Xanadu had become a Greater Lich and long since left the plane.

The game lasted about 3 years and this was only a segment of it. However, in my next game, '(the) Lich Voyce Xanadu' will return to his tower and find someone's been sleeping in his bed. Thus the new player characters will ultimately face a new evil.

Downloads
    Uploads

Shilar Tilan

Shilar was a lawful good 2nd ed thief. Somehow the party never believed me about the lawful part despite not having any evidence to the contrary. We were on a quest to recover 13 divine artifact swords. Basically the set from the book of swords series plus one more called storm bringer. The party never trusted me with the pocket book but when it came to liberating the swords from dark masters where stealth rather than force was called for they always went with my plans. Heck the other characters were just as fun. Especially after the visit to the garden of elemental chaos. Still don't know where the DM found 2 D1000 charts, one for random monster encounters and one for the effect of touching liquid chaos. We had our fighter pick up a third arm, and later a mechanical magically bonded 4th(darn tinker gnomes). The human ninja turn into an elven wizard(well, kind of, multiple personalities she shifted between the 2 forms). After my accidental dip, nothing, thats right one of the options was nothing. Oh and the dwarven cleric had his beard burnt off AGAIN, 4th time I think. We eventually gave him flame resistance as a ability.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This thread is fun to read.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As many of the others stated, there are so many characters played to choose just one.

Ethilothan Ne'Vorin, Elven Druid. This character was the first to unlease my cruel streaks. I played this character for a while, he started out at level 1. He was also the first character I gave a flaw to. He was paralized with fear by the undead for a few until he passed a will save. I found the joy of casting heat metal on people in metal armor if I felt more cruel i would cast it on the helmet (WHAT you did it to admit it )

Nathian Blade A warmage started out as an Evocker class wizard but with the supplement he changed a little. He waited until he gained a few levels than summoned a familiar, Indihar a leopard. Nathian had the ability to suprise all the party members when he slayed a bandit leader with one hit. Nathian and Indihar flanked the leader, than managed to strike the man rolled a critical hit with his spell-storing warhammer unleashing a lightningbolt, plus the critical damage. haha the DM's face was pricless.

oh I feel a credit card commercial coming on

Mithril chainmail shirt 1100g.
    Spell-storing warhammer 3231g.
    mithril buckler +1 3101g.

the look on the DM's face when his NPC character kisses cold steel than dirt PRICELESS!!! (insert evil laugh here)

Than Kadion Bain known as The Wandering Bard, I put a lot of myself in this character, His flaw was a fear of losing his friends (may not sound like much but added much conversation in the game) His weapons may change but attitude and wit was always present. I found out why they call bards the utility character after playing the bard. I have to many stories to share with this character but he was one of the most fun to play.

well thats enough talking for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish I could remember the particulars of this character, but I came up with a human female bard who was a recovering prostitute. I developed a sort of progressive saving throw to reflect recovering from addictive behavior. About the time she got to 3rd level my buddies all switched over to playing Magic, so I didn't get to really develop her as much as I had hoped. This was following a 7th level paladin, a 9th level cleric, and a 17th level ranger, so you can see that she was quite a departure for me.

Unfortunately I can't remember names for any of them, and I think I threw out the character sheets when I thought I was never going to play D&D again.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Downloads
    Uploads

Favorite

Aust Nailo, Elvish Wizard/palemaster

Chaotic-neutral
    Level 15

No, this wasn't an evil campaign. I played a necromancer of light. He was the very essence of anti-hero. Besides being the leader of the group, he was the leader of a city. The party's goal? Defeat the evil necromancers. Aust's brother joined the necromancers; to get his revenge, he decided to beat them at their own game. Because Aust's allegiance was not set-in-stone, he had a yin-yang system to keep track of his evil/good. The campaign died after the DM lost his character sheet.

One interesting tidbit is that I thought of this character while playing GTA: Vice City. I was listening to the talk-show and one of the speakers was a goth-type.

As for personality, Aust was ruthless. He didn't believe in letting weak foes live. He was unfriendly and sometime rude. However, he did have a good-side. He was excellent at getting along with people who opposed him. When the paladin in the group expressed his discontent with making Aust the leader, the two of us had the best in-character conversation I'd ever heard. (The useless DM was inside with his g/f and missed the whole thing)

Since our DM had each of our characters need a life goal, Aust's was: Remove the stereotype of necromancy being a dark magic - it can be used for good too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm...

Toss up between three:

Aramil Nailo: Elf scout/warlock. We had a DM who liked to knock us out and strip us of weapons. He didn't much care for this build. The party sure did... Took him from lvl 3 to lvl 15. Had a blast. He survived TPK three times. The DM eventually retired the game...

Core: Warforged monk. Lvl 2 to lvl 10. Not the best min/maxed character (many of his monk abilities became obsolete compared to his WF racial abilities), but way too fun to play. Ultimately, he was killed by a pair of druids who took offense to him. Well, not killed, really - one druid stone shaped the rock under his feet to create a pit, which a bad save let him fall into. Before my next round, the other druid cast the same spell, and closed up the pit - imprisoning poor Core in solid stone. Only one survivor from that near TPK, who then became an NPC, and just assumed Core was dead - never realizing the poor WF would remain alive forever, encased in rock.

Brig Halfbane: Half-orc barbarian/fighter. Lvl 2-3. Short lived character, but so fun to play. Lasted 2 sessions with an Int of 6, a Wis of 7, and a Cha of 6. He liked to hit things with a club. On the second adventure, he was attacked by a vargouille and failed his save (horribly). Over the next few days, his facial features grew more and more mishapen and evil - until his head popped off and flew around, killing another party memeber before it was vanquished. Good times.
    "Spooky gestures and hokey incantations are no match for a good sword at your side, kid..."
    - San 'Bolo, campaign confused half-elf rogue speaking to the party's young wizard, before an angry fireball taught him to believe in the force.

Downloads
    Uploads
    my favorite character is Grim the Half-orc barbarian who dies alot

Vulture the Great

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulture View Post
    my favorite character is Grim the Half-orc barbarian who dies alot
    Does he wear an orange parka with the hood up all the time and answer to "Kenny"?
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast