Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: 800

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Yeah, figured I'd share. 800 posts so far. Too much time on my hands. Oh, and make sure to read my campaign invitation in the invitations section.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wouldn't it be cool if you could get the "You've got mail" voice to say "Mo likes pie" every time you post? I think with a little work you could catch Farcaster who is sitting at 1,326 at this moment. At least, the recent Vermont patrol banning has definitely helped your ranking.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Mo,
    I was perusing your house rules and noticed you don't allow Spellcasting Prodigy. Is that the basic version (stat counts as one higher for save dc and bonus spells) or the errata'd version (stat counts as one higher only for bonus spells) or both?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Starfalconkd,

To my knowledge, it is one of those feats that came after the fact of the base rules. And my belief of anything after the fact is just a means to further unbalance the game. In the case of the Warlock, it would help out the character (because it needs major help), but I doubt anyone would take Warlock because in my opinion it's a total waste of time to create one. They're cool in concept, but they are seriously weak.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Weak? Are you serious? We have a warlock in our party and the guy kills more monsters than the rest of us.

Linking your eldritch blasts together is powerful as well as the awesome might of Darkspeech.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Arcanist View Post
    Weak? Are you serious? We have a warlock in our party and the guy kills more monsters than the rest of us.

Linking your eldritch blasts together is powerful as well as the awesome might of Darkspeech.
    Yeah, Warlocks can seriously kick butt if played properly!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Guess I never figured all that out then. Though, I normally tend to shy away from all the 'extras' of the game. That whole 'unbalance' part. But sweet, if they can kick butt better, more power to them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well they are a standard class now in 4.0 so any arguments people may have about them being inherently unbalanced will go out the window.

They have a poor BAB but since their eldritch blast is a ray-type attack you can specialize in it to increase your attack modifiers.

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Moritz View Post
    Starfalconkd,

To my knowledge, it is one of those feats that came after the fact of the base rules. And my belief of anything after the fact is just a means to further unbalance the game. In the case of the Warlock, it would help out the character (because it needs major help), but I doubt anyone would take Warlock because in my opinion it's a total waste of time to create one. They're cool in concept, but they are seriously weak.
    Lol, my Warlock character(3.5) was the last man standing, so to speak, after a near TPK. I killed the BBEG by throwing a chair at him. Gotta love crits! (though it was a mid-level campaign and he was a winged drow...)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thread Necromancer!!!

"If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming. If you want to experience the element, then get out of the vehicle...SKYDIVE!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    2 years later. More skeletal than zombieish.
    "And then you wake up."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgamer View Post
    Thread Necromancer!!!

Classic