Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: State of the Forums Address

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wink State of the Forums Address

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Itís officially been one year and counting. Pen & Paper Games first opened its proverbial doors to the public on September 24th, 2006 with some three hundred members from the Dallas Roleplayers group. Since then, we have steadily grown, month over month. Today, I glanced down at our member statistics and noticed that weíre just a nickel shy of twenty-five hundred members. What a change!

So, whatís next on the agenda? This is as much a question for you as it is for me. Next up, the Campaign Invitations forum is going to get a small face lift. You will soon be able to post and search for games by geographical area and by matching styles and schedules, in much the same way as you can search the registry. I'm also planning on adding an area for GMs to setup a 'sub-forum,' if you will, that they can add other members to and have a private area to chat with their players and schedule games.

But, you tell me, what tools or features would you most like to see added?

Also, if Pen & Paper Games has helped you find a game or players for your game, Iím very interested to hear about it. Iíd love to post a few of your testimonials. So, send me a PM. Tell me about your experience with finding a game. What worked well about the registry and what didnít? All of your feedback is welcome.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is anyone else having problems accessing their private messages?

I login, click the Private Messages link at the top-right of the main page, but it tells me that I'm not logged in. I try "re-login" but it just keeps reloading the same "you're not logged in" page.

Please help!

-casiel

ronpyatt is offline Dallas Organizer & Admin Golden d20 Award
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, I'm not having a problem staying logged in. Check to see if your cookies are enabled for penandpapergames.com.
    Also, if you have another browser, try logging in with a different browser and see if you have the same problem.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Going the distance

It would be helpful if, in the player search, it did not display the players which may be within the miles you selected, but are beyond the distance they said they were willing to travel.

Incarna; Role-Playing Game System
    www.incarna.net
    Running: 3+ campaigns set in single custom milieu world.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i recall that the wotc site had at one time a mini-mapping set of pages, where one could make custom maps entirely via html. it was also available as a download, might still be, if they haven't gotten around to nixing it off the site yet.

the images in question were maybe 10-20 pixels square, very tiny. maybe 1-3k per image. they were duplicates of some of the mapping products already out. i think it used some sort of simple scripting, but i'm not sure. i'll have to crack open the files and see.

in any case, you could see your map as you placed each piece wherever, there were some simple settings, and you could "save" your map. this would output a text string of code. this consited of a simple x,y reference for each map square's location next to the code for that particular tile. you could also "load" a map by pasting in a valid text string into a specified spot, which would result in the map being generated.

something like this available for play-by-post games would be awesome. especially if it handled layers dhtml-style. make it extensible enough to allow for user-submitted mini-tiles and this would very much rock.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What???

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon is offline Cursed by the Gods
    Undead Abomination
    Community Supporter
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by templeorder View Post
    It would be helpful if, in the player search, it did not display the players which may be within the miles you selected, but are beyond the distance they said they were willing to travel.
    Agreed. A minor frustration only, but it would be a nice thing to remedy.
    Last edited by Arch Lich Thoth-Amon; 05-08-2009 at 09:06 PM.
    Thoth-Amon, Lord of the Underworld and the Undead
    Once you know what the magician knows, it's not magick. It's a 'tool of Creation'. -Archmagus H.H.
    The first step to expanding your reality is to discard the tendency to exclude things from possibility. - Meridjet

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mrken View Post
    What???
    semi-interactive mini map for pbp games. one such possible method without using too many system resources is described.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm still new to the site and so apologize if something of this sort already exists, but I'd like a sections devoted purely to categorized links with descriptions and reviews. There are so many fantastic (and worthless) resources available on the web, it would be great to find out what others have found and find useful.