Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Player Registry - Page 3
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Player Registry

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    for campaign invitations (or vice-versa searching for a game), you should be able to search for the system used. Have a drop down box with a list (GURPS, D&D 4e, homebrew) as a subcategory to genre (different list for fantasy and horror for example).

Also have this for player search. If I have a campaign idea, it has best match, but they are all generic categories. It would be nice if there were an 8th category for system. Some like playing 4e, but others hate it with a passion.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's nice, but being limited to sending PMs to only 1 person at a time and only being able to send 10 PMs every 6 hours is going to make it a PITA to find a game.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sys64738 View Post
    It's nice, but being limited to sending PMs to only 1 person at a time and only being able to send 10 PMs every 6 hours is going to make it a PITA to find a game.
    That restriction is to prevent spammers from joining and sending off a bunch of PMs to people. If you send me an email from the email address that you used to create your P&PG account, I will lift the restriction for you.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The registry I'd say works well, as it linked me up with one player though I'm hoping for more.

The only issue I have that I don't know a solution for is the radius distance. In our part of Ontario there are quite a number of lakes and such, so that if someone is within a 50 mile radius of you, they could be 80 miles away by road . . .

Hopefully our players have the smarts for their local geography.

Jim

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The place on my profile that shows the last 20 people who have visited my page has people listed there who have not been on the site in some cases for over a year. Why are they still listed when others are current?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Many people, myself included, often sign up for sites, maybe are active there a month, then get caught up in IRL stuff or forget about the site, and might not come back again for months or longer. That's what I did years back, and now I've been running a weekly chat game here since 2011.
    Abstruse Decapod

"Why aren't i just be able to write adventures that don't require crap like an Amish rpg?" -myself

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So you are saying, it is the same people who keep visiting my profile? There are hundreds of new visits to my profile, yet I have people who were the "last" visitor, but they have not been on P&PG site in a year. It looks like something is broken. Makes it hard to understand the usefulness if it's broken. It is an excellent resource for understand what is going on and how to use that information if it would just work. That information is a big reason I frequent this site.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    agreed. also, i would like the player registry to show activity in a general sense. logged on within the last week/month/year sort of granularity. it would also be nice if we could sort the player registry by said activity levels, so that all the spam and dead account float to the bottom of all searches.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123