Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Player Registry

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Player Registry

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    What do you think of the Player Registry feature? I've tried to make it as easy to use as possible and to use profile fields that are most relevant to finding compatible gamers. I'd like to hear what you all have to say about it. Are there any fields you would like to see added? And different ways you'd like to be able to search? Good, bad or indifferent, I want to know.

ronpyatt is offline Dallas Organizer & Admin Golden d20 Award
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Say I find several (9) players that are LFG and Science Fiction fans, and I'd like to contact them all.
    How feasible is a Multi-PM based on a Registry search result?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Its doable, me thinks, though regular users are limited to a certain number of receipients that can be on one message, which right now is 8. That is an interesting idea though. How about this -- once your search is done, you can put a check mark on the people you want to contact (up to your limit) and then hit a "PM" button and it will auto address all?

ronpyatt is offline Dallas Organizer & Admin Golden d20 Award
    Player/GM: Either
    LFG: LFG
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Perfect.
    This might be asking too much at this point, but I wonder if it is doable across multiple pages and multiple searches? When the Player Registry count gets large the search results might get to be more than a single page.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's not quite as easily done, but I can set it up so that you may choose to view up to 100 members at a time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    are there any D@D players near Southaven MS?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, are there any D@D games being played on the weekends near Southaven MS.?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Tim,
    I think you want the forum I linked below. Glad to see you here.

Seeya,
    PhishStyx

http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...isplay.php?f=5

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you add a "Favorite RPG" search feature? I'd like to be able to search for just Shadowrun players and/or Paranoia players. I might branch out further but it'd be nice to be able to filter more effectively.

Carl
    GMing: Shadowrun 4th
    The Denver RPG Group - My Shadowrun Site - My Shadowrun Blog - Shadowrun Mooks
    I also administer the Mosaic and Stained Glass forums if you happen to be artistic

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It seems like the time that I tried to do a search with certain criteria, it did not seem to use the setting that I had picked. Instead of giving me a list of people that were looking for D&D, it showed me everyone in the milage limit, even if they did not list D&D as a choice. Is there a way to have the first search criteria be the game type you are looking for?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i would like "online game availability" as a search criteria, if it's not already there. that way we can search for people who could play via online during the time frames we are looking for.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    i would like "online game availability" as a search criteria, if it's not already there. that way we can search for people who could play via online during the time frames we are looking for.
    There already is an option to Find Online Games. Take a look at it and see if there is anything you would like added

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    whoops, must have missed that. ^^ thanks
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farcaster View Post
    What do you think of the Player Registry feature? I've tried to make it as easy to use as possible and to use profile fields that are most relevant to finding compatible gamers. I'd like to hear what you all have to say about it. Are there any fields you would like to see added? And different ways you'd like to be able to search? Good, bad or indifferent, I want to know.

If I read posts from people can display options be set so that if they are "near" me it shows up bold?

I mean in the upper right hand corner of their post box it tells me many things. One what IM clients they are on. Cool.

It also says, on my browser, the STATE they are from. But I just like the thing to light up if they are in New York City.

I don't want to diss anybody's posts just cause they are in Florida but in truth I like getting to know local players via their posts. What they post everywhere not just in the player finder database.

Do you already have this set up as a search tool when I surf the threads?

Take your time answering. If you are not sure what I mean just email me.

Thanks,

Jonathan Kwiat

Downloads
    Uploads
    On the left side above each post there is a section that says "Distance to member". This is below the name of the poster. Are you recommending that get bolded if they are close?

Developer for Darkage Warlord, a Pen & Paper Games exclusive Medieval Wargame.

If you are in the DC metro area and like to trade D&D minis (1.0 or 2.0), please send me a PM!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast