Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Hello there...
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello there...

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Hello there...

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    My name is Ryan and I live about 15 miles NE of Pittsburgh, PA. I have been playing D&D off and on (mostly off) since 2nd Edition. I haven't had much time to play for years, but several years ago I had great fun DMing a campaign I created myself with a lot of similarities to Forgotten Realms (I stole their gods and used many of the same themes). It sort of fell apart though with people getting new jobs and moving away, and I never could seem to find a new game through local hobby shops and other usual locations, nor have the time to really do much searching. I am hoping this site changes that...

At this point I am looking with a friend of mine to get into an existing game or be 2 more players for a new game someone may be starting up soon. We are interested mostly in D&D since that is the game system we are most familiar with. Both of us like a nice even mix of hack and slach and role playing. Other than that the only other game I have played is Vampire and that was years ago.

Once 4th edition I may be interested in DMing again, but until then I would just prefer to play in a friendly game with others within 10 miles of my home.

Downloads
    Uploads
    no one wants to play with you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to the community! For finding players the Player Registry is an invaluable tool and for recruiting players as a DM the Campaign Invitations forum is perfect. Please join us in on any of the various topics being discussed in the forums. For best results taking the initiative to contact players in your area should greatly increase your chances of finding others to game with. Many players are in groups that have openings but since they aren't the GM they don't go out of their way to recruit new players for the game. I wish you the best of luck in finding gaming bliss in the near future.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome aboard. Hopefully this site does reunite you with your gaming passion and help you find some players.
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Mulsiphix. I just posted my potential campaign based on your advise. And thanks Rabkala for the welcome.

As for you Rashir, just remember which DM is making all those secret skill check rolls for you...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarner View Post
    As for you Rashir, just remember which DM is making all those secret skill check rolls for you...
    Bwahahaha! Time to beg for redemption for your hate mongering Rashir. The dogs of war are upon you

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and welcome. Which version of D&D are you looking to get a game going with? I have a campaign posted on the site also. Just can't seem to find enough people to get it going.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i know what you mean. i work third shift, so there are not a whole lot of people who can match my schedule. but in any case, welcome to the forum. nice to meet you. the kitty is pleased.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cplmac View Post
    Hello and welcome. Which version of D&D are you looking to get a game going with? I have a campaign posted on the site also. Just can't seem to find enough people to get it going.
    Right now we are trying to get back into 3.5. We have not played in a few years due to not being able to find regular players and figured we would start out with 3.5 for now and see what 4.0 brings to the table and possibly make that switch.
    We are supposed to have a couple people come over this saturday to try a game to see if they are interested in our game and for us to practice and learn the rules of 3.5 again.
    It will be a very casual game this weekend. If you are interested PM or email rcarner and he can give you some more details.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cplmac View Post
    Let me know cplmac if you think you (and any of your players) might be willing to play 3.5 edition. I have 3-4 potential players for my game meeting this Saturday. Feel free to contact me for directions if you want to join in. As Rashir said, it will be very casual this weekend just trying to see if we all like the style of play and frequency. I would ultimately like to have 4-5 constant players. It seems the Pittsburgh metro area is fairly dry for role playing, so this may be a good oppertunity for both of us.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you can't find enough players locally you can always bring a couple in from online. That is have a mic in the middle of the table and the players voice coming out of speakers. I've considered this multiple times actually

Downloads
    Uploads
    welcome, this site has pleanty to offer to new members
    Take a vacation to you own mind.....D&D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to this wonderful forum. I am Bindu, new member of this site. I am from kerala, popularly known as God's own country. I am very happy to visit this site. Come on and enjoy by visiting this site.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    <VOICE=John Wayne) Well pilgrim, you've come to the right place. </VOICE>

One can hope. Good hunting.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    is that arabic, by chance, in your links aarathi? sorry if i guessed it wrong.
    Last edited by nijineko; 02-16-2008 at 04:39 PM.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast