Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 34 of 34

Thread: 'ello!

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Acme
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,844
    Blog Entries
    57
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    No, this is the AD&D second edition (2E) non tournament version. This has an whole wilderness part to navigate before you actually get to the Caverns. No converting needed.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Centreville
    Age
    56
    Posts
    201
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cplmac View Post
    No, this is the AD&D second edition (2E) non tournament version. This has an whole wilderness part to navigate before you actually get to the Caverns. No converting needed.
    Oh, so did TSR re-release the module in 2nd Ed? Because when my buddy used to rave about it, TSR hadn't published 2nd Ed yet. I've never played it, although I've seen it, and I don't recall if I ever knew what it was about. Are you going to play or DM?

    P.S. Have you seen my reply to your nice compliment over at my invitation thread?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Acme
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,844
    Blog Entries
    57
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBarbarian View Post
    Oh, so did TSR re-release the module in 2nd Ed? Because when my buddy used to rave about it, TSR hadn't published 2nd Ed yet. I've never played it, although I've seen it, and I don't recall if I ever knew what it was about. Are you going to play or DM?

    P.S. Have you seen my reply to your nice compliment over at my invitation thread?

    Appearantly they must have released it in a couple of versions. I have only seen the 2E one that I have. I know it was originally made for one of the Cons originally. From what I understand, it was just the actual Caverns then. Like I said, the version that I have has a whole wilderness part added to it. You actually have to find the entrance to the Caverns.

    I will be the DM. I did play the fighter, Flemin, while over in the Persian Gulf in 1991. That was when I first played AD&D 2nd edition. What can I say, I was hooked. Too bad you aren't closer, you could get in on the group that we're getting together.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Centreville
    Age
    56
    Posts
    201
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cplmac View Post
    Appearantly they must have released it in a couple of versions. I have only seen the 2E one that I have. I know it was originally made for one of the Cons originally. From what I understand, it was just the actual Caverns then. Like I said, the version that I have has a whole wilderness part added to it. You actually have to find the entrance to the Caverns.

    I will be the DM. I did play the fighter, Flemin, while over in the Persian Gulf in 1991. That was when I first played AD&D 2nd edition. What can I say, I was hooked. Too bad you aren't closer, you could get in on the group that we're getting together.
    Thanks! Yes, it's too bad. I know one professor who lives in PA and drive to Fairfax to teach, although I'm sure how often he's actually on campus. I wouldn't want to make that drive though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. ello
    By jade von delioch in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 05:27 PM
  2. uh 'ello?
    By Unlife in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2007, 02:46 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •