Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Galacta (dot) 3

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Galacta (dot) 3

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    (Galacta•3? Galacta•3)

Anyone heard of this game? It could either be really fun or a waste of money.

http://www.mudpuppygames.com/MGgames.html#galacta

Still, this bit of description piques my interest: ".. the rules are governed primarily by the traditions of the genre. One properly armed hero can survive a prolonged fire fight with directed energy weapons raining down all about him. A scurrilous villain and his armored minions can deal deadly damage from behind. A small robot strategically placed can turn the tide of battle. Tiny feral aliens can pick up lazer pistols and bring down an armored foe."

Then again, they misspelled laser ... (sigh) ...
    Last edited by fmitchell; 09-18-2007 at 11:24 PM.
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Downloads
    Uploads
    d12 system?

Sounds interesting despite the spelling mistakes.

Looking at their 3d6 Metamorphosis Alpha game they seem to be aggressively anti-d20. Which I find interesting.
    "I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."

"It is not the rules that make or break a game, it's the GM and the players."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Tremayne View Post
    Looking at their 3d6 Metamorphosis Alpha game they seem to be aggressively anti-d20. Which I find interesting.
    M.A.'s 3d6 system was introduced in Third Edition in 2002 (according to Wikipedia) ... so it could be d20 backlash, or the designer really wanted a bell curve instead of a flat d20 distribution.

I bought M.A. and have yet only skimmed through it ... definitely not rules-light. It looks like the 3d6 result tells you what row on a table to look at, although I haven't really read the thing. The organization is kinda poor, too. *And* you create three different characters (robot, android, and human) for different "phases" of the game, and use the one you want later ... unless you want to make an animal or plant mutant when they become available.

So, as interesting as the premise sounds, I don't want to plunk down money for Galacta(dot)3 until I find more reviews or see a copy first.
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)