Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: 111

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    So, I've 111 players within 50 miles of me. I was thinking about it being a lot of players in a game... and then I thought of 111 people in a champions/hero combat round. It's bad enough that it takes an hour to get through one round with 8 players.... think of 111. That'd be like 4 days.

And just think, what if half of those people saved their phase.
    Last edited by Moritz; 09-17-2007 at 04:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Moritz View Post
    So, I've 111 players within 50 miles of me. I was thinking about it being a lot of players in a game... and then I thought of 111 people in a champions/hero combat round. It's bad enough that it takes an hour to get through one round with 8 players.... think of 111. That'd be like 4 days.
    Honestly, I don't think there's any tabletop system designed for that many players. The only possible exception is Tunnels & Trolls, where (I believe) each side adds their dice together for one big roll, winners dividing the difference as damage among the losers. At which point the tabletop collapses due to hundreds of dice hitting it at the same time.
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think we should equip them all with nerf bats and field them. 111 people divided into two teams going at one another - every AMTGARDer's dream.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I favor the idea presented at an Australian convention where the hundred or so gamers were enlisted in an army and divided up into group and set to tasks. After each adventure, the survivors were regrouped and set to more tasks in the campaign until finally there was only one party left who made it to the big boss fight.

The players won lots of really cool stuff.