Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: [Movie Trailer] Iron Man

Downloads
    Uploads

[Movie Trailer] Iron Man

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I'm not sure whether I want to see this or not.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you don't follow Iron Man comics then the Stark character doesn't fit with your preconceptions. Robert Downey Jr. and Tony Stark share the same afflictions and the same lifestyle, giving Downey the ability to bring a real feel to the role. I am actually excited to see this movie.

The first Hulk movie was definitely a learning experience for the genre and the movies are getting a little better each time. The truly hopeful thing is that the comic book audience are giving good reviews of the footage released so far. I think the costumes are great. They had the silver suit and the red suit on display at ComicCon and they were AWESOME!!
    Last edited by Digital Arcanist; 09-12-2007 at 05:38 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Arcanist View Post
    If you don't follow Iron Man comics then the Stark character doesn't fit with your preconceptions.
    In fact, I have more than a hundred issues of Iron Man.

Robert Downey Jr. and Tony Stark share the same afflictions and the same lifestyle, giving Downey the ability to bring a real feel to the role. I am actually excited to see this movie.
    Most of my irritation has to do with the recent "villain-ification" of Stark at the hands of Quesada and Millar. Sure Tony was a self-destructive drunk in the 80's, but he wasn't villainous.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you read the newer stuff....like in the last few years or are you more versed in the earlier stuff?

The thing you have to remember is that Millar and Quesada have created a character where some readers like you see Stark as a villain and some readers see him as a hero. Personally I think the current incarnation of Stark is a sleeze-bag and I hope Hulk SMASH!!! I think it all began in Illuminati with Stark feeling that he is the only one equipped to save the world and keep it saved. Plus Quesada and Millar didn't write those storylines...they are just working with what they have trying to avoid another She-Hulk #20 debacle. If you don't know what I mean then google it or read it at your local shop....I will not discuss that travesty!

The Tony Stark they are working from is the early 80's where he was a womanizer and a bit of a drunk, not this new fascist Stark. I like it because Stark can be light-hearted and irreverent without being mired in the seriousness of all the world's troubles like he is in the comics.

If you liked X3 then you will like this movie. It will be action-packed with great effects and some good one-liners. Go out and spend $6 bucks and enjoy yourself for a couple hours. Just be satisfied its not another Ang Lee Hulk movie.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only thing that worries me about this movie is that Robert Downey Jr is playing Stark. I just don't picture him as Stark, but from the preview, it looks like he might do a good job anyway.

I've got to say, I am looking forward to the movie! Course, I liked the Hulk movie as well, even though they updated the back story alot!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry Skunkape but after that last comment I can't talk to you anymore. I hope you can get the medical attention you so desperately need!

Anyway, I want to see what they are going to do with the new Hulk movie that will wipe away the horrors of the old movie.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry Skunkape but after that last comment I can't talk to you anymore. I hope you can get the medical attention you so desperately need!

Anyway, I want to see what they are going to do with the new Hulk movie that will wipe away the horrors of the old movie.
    One man's psychosis is another man's genius!
    Skunk
    a.k.a. Johnprime

Downloads
    Uploads
    Says the crazy man!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Go out and spend $6 bucks and enjoy yourself for a couple hours.
    Off-topic, I know, but is going to a movie still $6.00 for anyone anywhere in the US? Here in Bellevue, its frikken $9.50 AND THEN they still show you commercials. And that is for a pretty much average, run of the mill studio. Nothing fancy or new.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I pay $5.75 for a matinee everyday of the week and then $8.50 for evening showings which start at 5:30 PM. I use my Regal Crown Club card to get free food and tickets as well. On Tuesdays I get a free small popcorn and then use my card to increase it to a large for free and then get it refilled before I leave.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I pay 4.50 or 5.00 for the matinee shows. Where they kill us is the snack counter. A small pop and popcorn 9.00!!!!!!!!! no refills
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Downloads
    Uploads
    wow...that is way too much for food!

Downloads
    Uploads
    We cheat wife has a big purse.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sometimes I make my girlfriend smuggle in something good like a taco or a cheeseburger but most of the time we eat someplace nice first and then see a movie in which case we raid the dollar store for candy and sneak that in.