Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Making my introduction

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Making my introduction

Hello all,

I just found this site after searching the D&D forums at WOTC. I recently moved to Portland, OR, leaving behind an excellent group of players in Knoxville, TN. I found a group of players in my neighborhood; however they meet infrequently (so far averaging once a month). I'mm hoping to find a new group that plays more often.

To quote my profile:

"I have been gaming for about 27 years (since I was 12). I played a wide variety of games including AD&D, Call of Cthulu, Chill, Champions, Fantasy Hero, Marvel Superheroes, Gama-world, Rune Quest, Star Frontiers and Traveler.

I'm married and have a post-graduate degree and due to the obligations of my job and family, I have less time for gaming than I'd like; however, I am hoping to squeeze in about four hours a week of play time. I am currently gaming with a group that meets very infrequently, and I'd like to game more regularly (weekly or bi-weekly).

I like games that include a mix of city and wilderness adventure with ongoing plotines and lots of character developement. I enjoy games in which players are encouraged to develop non-standard characters with creative story hooks and interesting abilities. I dislike being restricted to standard character archetypes; however, I do not enjoy gaming with players who min-max and try to justify it by claiming that they are being "creative."

When running a game, I like for my players to become involved in the story. I encourage them to think about how their characters fit in the campaign setting and to develop interesting back-stories. I try to provide well developed campaign worlds in which such characters can adventure and develop."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome Adair. Be sure to check the player registry and other campaign invitations. Feel free to jump in on current conversations or create your own, we're glad to have ya.