Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Favorite Villain of All Time
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: Favorite Villain of All Time

Downloads
    Uploads

Favorite Villain of All Time

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    This is the same as the hero thread. Name the one villain you despise, or admire, above all others.

My favorite villain is the Joker. In my opinion, he is the nastiest villain every created. In his first appearance in the 60's, he killed an entire troup of Boy Scouts with poisoned cotton candy. I think the best way to think of the Joker is with this quote from one of the comics, "When villains want to scare each other, they just tell a Joker story."

Have fun guys!!!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I second the Joker as my all time favorite. Yes, it's implausible that a mass murderer would escape so often, or that someone wouldn't simply put a bullet in him. And yes, it's implausible that he would escape Certain Death so many times. (Even before the Batman Beyond movie, I had an idea that someone was in fact creating new Jokers out of ordinary citizens whenever the previous one died. It would explain the inconsistencies in what little backstory we have.)

But yeah, mass-murdering nihilistic psychopathic clowns are just creepy.

As with my superhero pick, I'll list one honorable mention, the villain in Watchmen, which I won't spoil: "I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love the Joker.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh Caesar Romero.....he did make a good Joker

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a much harder time picking a favorite villain than hero. I was originally going to say Magneto because he's a bad guy with a sense of purpose, a direction. But now, I'm not so sure. I had so much fun in the 80's trying to figure out who the Hobgoblin was in Amazing Spider-Man that I could say him with no problem. Of course, when I found out, I was really disappointed.

So, a much harder question for me.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think one of my favorites has to be Venom. If for no other reason then the artwork was incredible. Unfortunately, he didn't come across as well on the silver screen.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Venom is a great hero/villain. I loved Topher Grace as Eddie Brock but I agree with you in that the Venom story in the movie left much room for improvement.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As it happens, Venom is among my least favorite Spider-Man villains though I agree he has just about the best motivation for hating Spidey of all his rogue's gallery.

Of the Spider-Man foes, my favorites really as much as Hobgoblin, tend to be one shot appearances, the annual where he has to fight the Iron Man from 100 years in the future, the issue where he kicks Firelord's ass (who'd gotten a bit testy about his pizza not being ready on time) and the Avengers show up to call him off , the issue in which the Mad Thinker figures out that Spidey might have some unseen edge and sends one of his green uber-robots after him, when Spider-Man & Wolverine ended up in Germany at the same time and fought each other to a draw on the wrong side of the wall (yep, it was that long ago).

Other Spidey baddies: I enjoyed the Rose's storyline pretty well but not quite enough to want him hanging around forever. The Felicia Hardy storyline was ok, but it got very overdone quickly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let us not forget such memorable villains as Swarm, the Nazis covered in bees. Also, quake in fear at the tremendous girth of The Walrus!! Poor Spiderman had his hands full in the 70's!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Say, whatever happened to the Mad Thinker, anyway?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anger Management classes....he's just the Upset Thinker now....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hrm, that sounds like something that could potentially short circuit the Marvel Universe, defeating the villains not with super heroic battles but talking and psychology!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Magneto hands down! He is a holocaust survivor and self-appointed protector of mutants. He saw what the world was capable of in the Nazi regime, and knows that it could and will happen to mutants like it did with the Jews. He is taking an active role in seeing that it doesn't happen to mutants.

Magneto FTW!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You actually make him sounds like a hero. Do you believe that the ends justify the means?

Good choice!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Arcanist View Post
    You actually make him sounds like a hero. Do you believe that the ends justify the means?

Good choice!!
    One man's hero is another man's villian and vis-versa, is it not?

He is hardcore, there's no doubt.

Do the ends justify the means? hmmm....there is a massive amount of grey in that statement, as there is the thoughts and actions of men.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast