Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: Favorite Superhero of All Time

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Daredevil

Downloads
    Uploads
    wow, tough question.

I'm an Avengers fanatic, so it wouldn't surprise you that my choices are all from that team. i'll guess i'lllist them from 5 down.

5) Hawkeye (clint barton.) the acrobatic wiseguy archer.

4) She Hulk - the brave giantess , smart lawyer,hates what marvel's done to her the past year.

3) War Machine - he's a marine , shows what happens when you get a angry man with heavy weapons.

2) Black Panther - he Smart, skilled, and deadly, this former king is being revived as the most dangerous man alove, i'm looking forward to it.

1) Iron Man. yeah, he's arrogant, yeah, he's rich, but man, with that brilliance and Toys, why not?

Downloads
    Uploads
    My favorite is Guy Gardner. Best Green Lantern ever!

I'm also a big fan of Captain America.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Richard Ryder, Nova. Love how he explores the universe, never gives up and is able to fathom and deal with things so far beyond comprehension. Great sense of humor and not the smartest, but quite clever in a streetwise kind of way. Started out as a normal guy. Add to that how much boot he puts to butt and did I mention he never gives up? Oh yea, like Cpt Kirk, hooks up with green alien hotties, lol.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    when i was a kid, i might have said this:

as a young teen, i probably would have picked either the question or dr. solar.

now? hard to say. purrkit or toaster puppy, belike.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    My first favorite hero as a child was the Flash. It turned out later that I found out that his powers in the DC Universe are quite powerful, and that the Flash is very creative in utlizing his powers in various way.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i'm a big fan of people creatively using powers in unexpected and unusual ways.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    I grew up with the Fantastic Four, so they have a special place in my heart - especially the Silver Surfer and other guest stars. The Black Panther is a very interesting character as well. He's the smart fighter, like Batman, but without the gadgets, fighting in the jungle, instead of the concrete jungle, and a regal king to boot. I also loved Thor as I was really into norse mythology, and enjoyed Marvel's take on it. The Avengers were wonderful, of course. If I had to pick one, it would be the Silver Surfer.
    QT Games will soon release our first fiction anthology set in our Cosmoverse Campaign Setting. We have several projects in the works. We're also hard at work revamping and expanding our Cosmothea Roleplaying Game, which features fantasy, science fiction and superheroes. Not trying to take anyone away from Pen and Paper Games, but if you're curious to take a peek ... visitors are always welcome!

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Superman when he's well written (which is not often).

Actually, before I know whether the writing will be any good, my hopes jump high when I see I may get to read a story involving pre-Crisis Supergirl, Supergirl/Matrix, Supergirl-merged-with-Linda-Lee-who-later-meets-God, Power Girl, Mary Marvel when written by someone who respects women, Wonder Woman when written by George Perez or someone else who respects the character (not the depressing New 52 degradation of the character), Zatanna from 1980s to 2010, Troia and pre-Crisis Wondergirl (but not necessarily any other incarnations of Donna Troy), and Cassie Sandmark Wonder Girl.

My hopes fall down whenever it looks as though the story will substitute exaggerations of their female anatomies for characterization (or mutilate their characterization into "male-bashing" stereotypes of "women power", something which even Power Girl has outgrown by now when well-written), which happens all too often.

On the Marvel side, my hopes jump high when I see I may get to read a story involving the current Ms. Marvel (never liked their re-naming her Captain Marvel, however -- I keep expecting her to shout "Shazam!" now), Jessica Drew Spider-Woman, Namora, or a long-vanished favorite, Darkstar of the Soviet Supersoldiers.

My hopes fall down whenever it looks as though the story will be another pile of ogle-pics instead of a story (or mutilate their characterization into "male-bashing" stereotypes of "women power", something which even Ms. Marvel has outgrown by now when well-written), which happens all too often.
    Last edited by magic-rhyme; 08-09-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    magic-rhyme, you rock. Just sayin'.

Sometimes the cheesiest cliches are the most fun to play. After all, how do you think they became so cliche?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hueloovoo View Post
    magic-rhyme, you rock. Just sayin'.
    : )

I take it you share my hopefulness about getting to read well-written female characters?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Green Hornet, most DC'S and Marvel's super heros, the Shadow, the Phamtom are some I alway liked.
    Elves keep their counsel and sharpen their ears.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i've always been fond of the shadow, green hornet and also the question.

my most recent female fav is balsa from seireinomoribito. such a well done character!

however, i recall reading so many decent stories with strong, well written, female lead characters as a youth. this frequently lead to me playing the only female in many rp games and groups as a youth and young adult, just because i felt it wrong and unfair for it to be so male dominated, and no strong interesting females in sight anywhere that weren't there solely to be eye-candy or wallpaper. sadly, i seldom find such in comics, which is one of the main reasons i don't read comics very much, despite being very enamored of the whole superhero genre.

some of my characters are even based on revisions to poorly written female characters simply as my personal protest against such stupidity; especially in the supers genre.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nijineko View Post
    when i was a kid, i might have said this:

as a young teen, i probably would have picked either the question or dr. solar.

now? hard to say. purrkit or toaster puppy, belike.
    That was awesome!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Hulk is my favorite because even though he is misunderstood he is still a hero. I loved the Planet Hulk story. Read him all through the 70's as well as watching the Incredible Hulk tv series.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast